Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

25 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

I think many will buy it just for the minifigure (myself included)... Do you mean the sale has been blocked?

Yes. LEGO has street dates for when retail stores can officially sell the product. Some stores, however, don't follow these street dates 100% and all you to purchase them early, or at least in this case, accidentally put them on shelves too early

53 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

They really need to get better at revealing stuff, I mean why wait this long just to reveal a few Marvel sets that people are actually interested in instead of crappy themes like Dreamzzz,Friends and Ninjago.

I shouldn't take the bait here, but I will point out that Friends sells more than Superheroes

33 minutes ago, squiz18 said:

I shouldn't take the bait here, but I will point out that Friends sells more than Superheroes

Really? I'm very suprised.

Anyway I'm just hoping to see Images of the No Way Home set, X-Jet and maybe if there is a set with Quicksilver in January since his torso leaked and potentially be set number 76283 since we have no date or name for that set.

2 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

although Rocket was found in the store, no one publishes the images of the booklet

It may have been accidentally put on store shelves, so is unable to be brought at the current time. It's one of those sets I can't see appealing to many people, so unless you are a fan you probably won't buy it in order to upload the booklet images.

14 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

maybe if there is a set with Quicksilver in January since his torso leaked and potentially be set number 76283 since we have no date or name for that set.

I'd imagine its based on scene in AoU where they are attacking the Hydra base in the snowy forest location (potentially part of the castle also or Hydra vehicles)

I'd guess it'd including repeats of Hulk and Hawkeye alongside Quicksilver and a Hydra Soldier (Torso print only), potentially throwing in Baron Strucker.

Edited by Scarilian

10 minuti fa, Scarilian ha detto:

Potrebbe essere stato accidentalmente messo sugli scaffali dei negozi, quindi non può essere portato al momento attuale. È uno di quei set che non riesco a vedere attraente per molte persone, quindi a meno che tu non sia un fan probabilmente non lo comprerai per caricare le immagini del libretto.

Immagino che sia basato sulla scena in AoU dove stanno attaccando la base di Hydra nella posizione della foresta innevata (potenzialmente anche parte del castello o veicoli Hydra)

Immagino che includesse ripetizioni di Hulk e Occhio di Falco insieme a Quicksilver e un Hydra Soldier (solo stampa Torso), potenzialmente gettando Baron Strucker.

But the images went around the world, if I lived near that shop I would have gone running

Lego loves remakes, so I could see an update of 76041, but I doubt they'll give us a new Hulk yet

2 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

They really need to get better at revealing stuff, I mean why wait this long just to reveal a few Marvel sets that people are actually interested in instead of crappy themes like Dreamzzz,Friends and Ninjago.

You know, people actually like other themes. Wild. I don't think we have sales figures for Dreamzzz yet, but Friends and ninjago are usually on par with, if not significantly above, marvel's sales.

I assume the licensed themes being last (Though Star Wars got out the same time as everything else this year) is due more towards the IP owners being very specific about the appearances of everything.

2 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

I think many will buy it just for the minifigure (myself included)... Do you mean the sale has been blocked?

Yes. You used to be able to buy sets well before release if retailers accidentally put them out before their street dates, but lego allegedly patched this by making it so attempts to ring up the set before it's release don't go through or have some sort of "this isn't out yet" pop-up at major retailers. So you can find it in the store, but when the cashier rings it up it'll tell them they aren't allowed to sell it yet.

33 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I'd imagine its based on scene in AoU where they are attacking the Hydra base in the snowy forest location (potentially part of the castle also or Hydra vehicles)

I'd guess it'd including repeats of Hulk and Hawkeye alongside Quicksilver and a Hydra Soldier (Torso print only), potentially throwing in Baron Strucker.

I think you're right on the money about the first part, but I'd be shocked if both Hulk and Hawkeye were in it. My guess would be a repeat of AoU cap or widow and either hulk or hawkeye.

What's this about the venom mech having Miles? If they start putting two figs into the $15 mechs, I'll be back to thinking they're worth it, even with the lame pre-bent joints.

Delusional me thinks it's the Spiderman 2 Venom

Edited because possible spoilers

Edited by hvader

42 minuti fa, Mandalorianknight ha detto:

Sì. Sei stato in grado di acquistare set ben prima del rilascio se i rivenditori li pubblicavano accidentalmente prima delle loro date di strada, ma lego avrebbe patchato facendo in modo che i tentativi di suonare il set prima del rilascio non passassero o non passassero una sorta di pop-up "questo non è ancora uscito" presso i principali rivenditori. Quindi puoi trovarlo nel negozio, ma quando il cassiere lo suonerà dirà loro che non gli è ancora permesso venderlo.

Cos'è questo del mech del veleno che ha Miles? Se iniziano a mettere due fichi nei mech da 15 dollari, tornerò a pensare che ne valga la pena, anche con le articolazioni pre-bent zoppe.

Oh, thanks for the explanation, I didn't know about this "alarm" :-)

We only have two mechs, instead of the usual 3, so something has already changed compared to previous years. Maybe it's a completely new format! And if two minifigures become the rule, I'm very curious to know who War Machine's antagonist will be :-O

However, it is absurd that on December 3rd (almost 4th) we are still speculating about January releases, by now the forum should be exploding with images :-(((

13 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

However, it is absurd that on December 3rd (almost 4th) we are still speculating about January releases, by now the forum should be exploding with images :-(((

This is nothing. The first wave of Infinity Saga sets were on the shelves before we got official pictures of them. And leaked images didn’t even show up until two weeks before release, if memory serves correctly.

6 minuti fa, psqidexslizer ha detto:

Questo non è niente. La prima ondata di set di Infinity Saga era sugli scaffali prima che ne abbiamo ricevuto le foto ufficiali. E le immagini trapelate non si sono nemmeno presentate fino a due settimane prima del rilascio, se la memoria serve correttamente.

you're right, we waited a long time, and it was worth it! Let's hope it's a good omen :-D

I really want Lego to make a Spider-Man 1 Green Goblin minifigure, I have the old one with the gold painted eyes on the mask but I want an updated one. Maybe if they put one in with the buildable Green Goblin next year since that is supposed to be based on the Raimi Spider-Man but I doubt they will.

1 hour ago, Legocentrico said:

I'm very curious to know who War Machine's antagonist will be :-

I can exclusively confirm that the villain in the war machine mech set is Terrance Howard

But as a side note, how weird is it that Miles is the "enemy" in the venom mech? I know we weren't gonna get a new fig like Anti-Venom, but... not Peter? not Carnage? The only material I can think of where Miles is established as spidey and Venom is a villain is the Ps5 game, which I don't think we're getting sets of unfortunately. (Or the 2017 spider-man cartoon... maybe? I vaugly remember watching the first season and them having dealt with venom before Miles became... Arachnid. I don't care what they're calling him in other media, I refuse to accept spin.)

I don't actually care much- I don't think I'm gonna get the venom mech, and it makes sense on some level since IIRC miles isn't in the other spider-man sets, so it makes sense to throw him into something to have the three main spiders in the wave- but still, weird. Unless it's ps5 miles, in which case I will buy the mech- provided it's his awesome default suit and not whatever that final suit is supposed to be.

14 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

I really want Lego to make a Spider-Man 1 Green Goblin minifigure, I have the old one with the gold painted eyes on the mask but I want an updated one. Maybe if they put one in with the buildable Green Goblin next year since that is supposed to be based on the Raimi Spider-Man but I doubt they will.

Like you say, it'd be nice, but won't happen.

On a silver lining note, if the MCU can't right it's ship and gets to the point of the DCEU, going off DC's track record, eventually ALL we'll get are Raimi sets, so....

2 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

This is nothing. The first wave of Infinity Saga sets were on the shelves before we got official pictures of them. And leaked images didn’t even show up until two weeks before release, if memory serves correctly.

Problem is, there was a reason for it. Lego wanted to reveal those sets alongside the Daily Bugle, so they delayed their reveal to line up with it. The same thing happened this year with Ninjago's summer wave and Ninjago City Markets, they were revealed later to coincide with their respective D2C. As for this wave, however, there isn't any Marvel D2C for January, so there really isn't a good reason for the long wait. Given that someone found the Rocket set, they are still set to release in January, so it truly is a mystery.

11 minuti fa, The_Fiery_Rooster ha detto:

Il problema è che c'era una ragione. Lego voleva rivelare quei set insieme al Daily Bugle, quindi hanno ritardato la loro rivelazione per allinearsi con esso. La stessa cosa è successa quest'anno con l'onda estiva di Ninjago e i mercati della città di Ninjago, sono stati rivelati in seguito per coincidere con i loro rispettivi D2C. Per quanto parte di questa ondata, tuttavia, non c'è nessuna Marvel D2C per gennaio, quindi non c'è davvero una buona ragione per la lunga attesa. Dato che qualcuno ha trovato il set di Rocket, sono ancora pronti per essere rilasciati a gennaio, quindi è davvero un mistero.

The Bugle was released a few months before the Infinity Saga

13 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Plese tell me you're not being serious. :jollyroger:

If I'm correct, Marvel (or Super Heroes in general) hasn't even been mentioned once in a LEGO annual report. Themes like Friends and Ninjago (but especially Friends) are among the top selling themes in general. 

Just because LEGO Marvel is based on one of the most popular IPs doesn't mean its popularity is reflected in sales. Themes like Star Wars and Harry Potter constantly outsell Marvel.

It's visibly reflected in the budget — notice how many new prints and moulds all of the other four themes I mentioned get, while Marvel can barely afford leg printing?

44 minuti fa, THELEGOBATMAN ha detto:

Se ho ragione, la Marvel (o Super Heroes in generale) non è stata nemmeno menzionata una volta in un rapporto annuale LEGO.

Certainly once in the last few years, perhaps in 2021. However, we all agree that it is not one of the best-selling themes, and also for this reason I cannot understand all this waiting. It's not the hot topic, there's no chance of movie spoilers or anything like that, it's just nonsense

41 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

Certainly once in the last few years, perhaps in 2021. However, we all agree that it is not one of the best-selling themes, and also for this reason I cannot understand all this waiting. It's not the hot topic, there's no chance of movie spoilers or anything like that, it's just nonsense

Not even in 2021. It has never been mentioned.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/aboutus/news/2022/march/2021-annual-results

3 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

I may get the year wrong, but I'm sure it has made the top 5 in recent years, maybe 2022? I remember the graph clearly :-D

2022: City, Technic, Icons, Harry Potter and Star Wars

2021: City, Technic, Creator Expert, Harry Potter and Star Wars

2020: Technic, Star Wars, City, Classic, Friends

2019: City, Star Wars, Technic, Friends, Creator

2018: Technic, Ninjago, City, Friends Star Wars

I won't go back further, but I checked the others going back to the themes start at 2012, super heroes have never been mentioned in the top 5

Edited by NXS7

22 minutes ago, NXS7 said:

2019: Città, Star Wars, Technic, Amici, Creatore

https://it.hothbricks.com/pagina/2/?s=résultats+financiers

In the 2019 chart published by Hothbricks (at the end of the page), Marvel is present in the top-selling themes. I don't know why your list is different, but I'm glad I don't suffer from senile dementia (yet) :-D

Edited by Legocentrico

8 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

In the 2019 chart published by Hothbricks (at the end of the page), Marvel is present in the top-selling themes. I don't know why your list is different, but I'm glad I don't suffer from senile dementia (yet) :-D

2019... 4 almost 5 years ago... 

18 minuti fa, living_off_lego ha detto:

2019... 4 quasi 5 anni fa...

I responded to those who said it was NEVER mentioned, I never said it happened yesterday……. However it is not a competition

14 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

The Bugle was released a few months before the Infinity Saga

Not in Europe, Infinity Saga sets released June 1st in the rest of the world. I'm not talking about the release anyways, I'm talking about when Lego officially revealed them. Take a look for yourself (https://brickset.com/article/59351/stop-press!-daily-bugle-revealed! Daily bugle reveal may 17th 2021, while the Wayback Machine shows the earliest Lego.com page for the Infinity Gauntlet to be May 18th 2021 https://web.archive.org/web/20210518170623/https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/infinity-gauntlet-76191)

Edited by The_Fiery_Rooster

1 hour ago, Legocentrico said:

It looks like that graphic is a bit misleading, potentially due to changes between reporting after the first 6 months of the financial year, and the year end. Lego themselves say: 

"Top selling themes in no particular order were LEGO® City, LEGO® Creator, LEGO® Friends, LEGO® Technic™, LEGO® Classic and LEGO® Star Wars™. The LEGO® Harry Potter™, LEGO® Super Heroes (Marvel Avengers) and LEGO® Disney™ Princess themes also performed strongly."

Taken from here: https://www.lego.com/fr-fr/aboutus/news/2020/march/annual-results

So it was selling well, but not in the top 6. But like you say it's not massively important, just interesting. 

Edited by squiz18

4 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

You're right, it actually got mentioned both times in 2019. Not in the top 5 tho. They added a line saying that the theme "performed strongly".

https://www.lego.com/en-us/aboutus/news/2019/september/lego-interim-results-2019

https://www.lego.com/en-us/aboutus/news/2020/march/annual-results