Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

3 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Venom sells no matter what form he's in. Mr. Sinister is definitely not on that level of popularity or recognition.

That was just an example of how little LEGO represents the comics, they aren't worried about including villains that have only ever been to the X-Mansion. I highly doubt Blade's ever been to the Daily Bugle, and Scarlet Witch never went to the Sanctum Sanctorum in the MCU, but in both cases it meant we got new figures, so nobody would loose any sleep if Apocalypse came with the Mansion

1 hour ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Don't you know? The X-Jet is actually Venomized itself, and the four figures are just four Venomized Wolverines. 

The same Venomized Wolverine figure will later be reused in the Venomized X-Mech, coming summer next year. Also includes a new Venomized Professor X and an Outrider

Edited by NXS7

26 minutes ago, NXS7 said:

That was just an example of how little LEGO represents the comics, they aren't worried about including villains that have only ever been to the X-Mansion. I highly doubt Blade's ever been to the Daily Bugle, and Scarlet Witch never went to the Sanctum Sanctorum in the MCU, but in both cases it meant we got new figures, so nobody would loose any sleep if Apocalypse came with the Mansion.

I’m pretty sure Prof X would lose some sleep if that happened. Apocalypse is a pretty scary dude.

Edited by psqidexslizer

I really wonder if the X-jet and X-mansion are the the only sets we will get for X-men? After all, it is a series that Lego is promoting, so shouldn't some scenes be depicted in smaller sets throughout the year? Perhaps two or three small sets???

4 hours ago, hikouki said:

I really wonder if the X-jet and X-mansion are the the only sets we will get for X-men? After all, it is a series that Lego is promoting, so shouldn't some scenes be depicted in smaller sets throughout the year? Perhaps two or three small sets???

It feels like LEGO Marvel is just throwing things at the wall to see what sticks.

A single horrendously overpriced set, and I wonder what do they expect. I can't imagine it selling particularly well at that price.

And if it doesn't, what will be their conclusion? People don't like X-Men? 

6 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

A single horrendously overpriced set, and I wonder what do they expect. I can't imagine it selling particularly well at that price.

And if it doesn't, what will be their conclusion? People don't like X-Men? 

That's exactly what I am worried about with the Hoopty: the set not selling well at that price, and Lego blaming it on the all-female minifigure selection (in a Superhero theme, too).

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Deadpool 3 director Shawn Levy just described the film as an “R-rated bloodbath”, for those who still think that sets are on the table :tongue: 

So - worse than Avatar 2, then? I'm just saying. ;-)

Edited by brickbride

15 minutes ago, brickbride said:

So - worse than Avatar 2, then? I'm just saying. ;-)

Skeletor Wat GIF - Skeletor Wat What GIFs

Avatar 2 is neither R-rated nor a bloodbath :tongue: And let‘s not forget all the profanity and sex jokes Deadpool is known for.

I don't know if LEGO will ever cross the R-rated line.

It would open a few possibilities, but in the end I'm not sure if they'd think it's worth it.

I still think it's too good an opportunity to pretend nothing happened. I don't know how, but I think -somehow- Lego will exploit the film.

It would be nice if the forum offered a function to place bets on future releases, because in a year or two we will have forgotten who said what :-D

14 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Don't you know? The X-Jet is actually Venomized itself, and the four figures are just four Venomized Wolverines. 

I actually want more Venom minifigs :pir-murder:... only have the one from the Daily Bugle

2 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

I still think it's too good an opportunity to pretend nothing happened. I don't know how, but I think -somehow- Lego will exploit the film.

It would be nice if the forum offered a function to place bets on future releases, because in a year or two we will have forgotten who said what :-D

I think, best case scenario, they slip a Deadpool figure into the X-Mansion. 

The problem with Deadpool isn’t the violence. It’s the profanity, innuendos, and other mature content. Lego has avoided making sets of off properties for those reasons before. Ie, for Suicide Squad, they threw some of the characters in Batman sets because they didn’t want “Suicide” on their boxes. Daredevil and Punisher were thrown in the Daily Bugle because they’re best known at this point for the Netflix series and Lego didn’t want to sell figures to kids for that reason (the set was aimed at an older audience which made it ok). And then there’s desexualizing Black Cat’s costume in that same set (which upset a surprising number of people here). 

16 hours ago, NXS7 said:

You're definitely thinking far too much into this, LEGO Venom once used a mech to steal a safe of gold

This fits perfectly with his motivations as a lethal protector, I have no idea what you're talking about. He clearly needed the money-and the mech-to prepare for Morbius's impending arrival.

14 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

No, no, no. We've been over this. Venom (the one they've been using since 2019), Wolverine (the one from the mech), Venomized Wolverine, and wolverized venomarine (It's venomized wolveriene's mask and head with a US marine corps torso. Venomized, though, we can't have anything looking military-like)

35 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

I think, best case scenario, they slip a Deadpool figure into the X-Mansion. 

The problem with Deadpool isn’t the violence. It’s the profanity, innuendos, and other mature content. Lego has avoided making sets of off properties for those reasons before. Ie, for Suicide Squad, they threw some of the characters in Batman sets because they didn’t want “Suicide” on their boxes. Daredevil and Punisher were thrown in the Daily Bugle because they’re best known at this point for the Netflix series and Lego didn’t want to sell figures to kids for that reason (the set was aimed at an older audience which made it ok). And then there’s desexualizing Black Cat’s costume in that same set (which upset a surprising number of people here). 

Exactly. If Daredevil and Punisher are too much for lego to do in anything but an 18+ set, we aren't getting deadpool sets. (Also, I still don't understand how Black Cat's costume is too sexulized for a minifig. We've had more "revealing" torso prints before. I can get not wanting to print details, but I think a tan triangle would have been fine. Not a huge issue, though, and it kinda resembles her PS4 suit.)

The MOST I could see is a deadpool fig getting released in an X-men set, but a very clearly comic-based one, in an 18+ set, and probably shown to be in a villainous role on the box.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

With Avengers tower reveal most likely being next month, what small features or possible inclusions are you guys hoping for? I’m hoping for an in scale quinjet which can hold a few figs that can land on top like in the movie. Also even though it’s a bit of a meme with how many we get but id also love a more big fig sized Hulkbuster and Veronica satellite. Could be fun side builds. 

35 minutes ago, DaredevilFan said:

With Avengers tower reveal most likely being next month, what small features or possible inclusions are you guys hoping for? I’m hoping for an in scale quinjet which can hold a few figs that can land on top like in the movie. Also even though it’s a bit of a meme with how many we get but id also love a more big fig sized Hulkbuster and Veronica satellite. Could be fun side builds. 

Please not another Hulkbuster... I wouldn't mind a small Quinjet so long as it doesn't take away from the main build. 

52 minutes ago, DaredevilFan said:

Selvig figure with portal generator 

1 hour ago, DaredevilFan said:

As squiz18 said, Selvig figure with portal generator, the hammer couches scene, maybe the Cap v Cap showdown (if any Endgame figs), also being able to recreate the Iron Man suitup from the Avengers final battle would be dope (Jumping off bridge and having the suit form around minifig)

1 hour ago, DaredevilFan said:

With Avengers tower reveal most likely being next month, what small features or possible inclusions are you guys hoping for?

A jail cell that isn’t featured in any of the films, a medical bay that is essentially just a stretcher with an IV stand attached, some exploding wall functions, side characters who were never there, some weird little hover bike, and (this one’s a deal breaker for me) a red fire extinguisher.

3 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

Hear me out: Venomized Deadpool vs. Wolverine Mech Battle.

10 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Hear me out: Venomized Deadpool vs. Wolverine Mech Battle.

only if wolverine is also venomized! 

4 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

Just to make sure nobody forgets this one: I will film myself eating a Deadpool minifig dressed as Deadpool and put it on Youtube for the world to see if TLG release at least one minifig-based tie-in set for that film. And by that I mean actual tie-in products, no Suicide Squad shenanigans :tongue: TLG have made plenty of unexpected moves, but I'm with @THELEGOBATMAN, this is the line they won't cross.

49 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Just to make sure nobody forgets this one: I will film myself eating a Deadpool minifig dressed as Deadpool and put it on Youtube for the world to see if TLG release at least one minifig-based tie-in set for that film. And by that I mean actual tie-in products, no Suicide Squad shenanigans :tongue: TLG have made plenty of unexpected moves, but I'm with @THELEGOBATMAN, this is the line they won't cross.

Don't worry. I'll add this to my signature as a visible reminder of the comment (I don't think there will be any sets either, but if there are...) 

1 hour ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Don't worry. I'll add this to my signature as a visible reminder of the comment (I don't think there will be any sets either, but if there are...) 

Haha, that's amazing :laugh_hard: 

5 hours ago, squiz18 said:

Selvig figure with portal generator 

I will be very disappointed if Selvig isn't in this set, purely because I'm too lazy to buy the head/hair of Luthen and make my own

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Out of curiosity, would you eat this hypothetical new Deadpool, or the older one? And what about his accessories?

2 minutes ago, NXS7 said:

Out of curiosity, would you eat this hypothetical new Deadpool, or the older one? And what about his accessories?

The hypothetical new one. The old minifig is too valuable :snicker: Or I could pull the ultimate move and order one of the SDCC figures, just to devour it. No accessories :tongue: