Sign in to follow this  
sam89

MEGA BLOKS: Nano

Before you go crazy on me for posting something about Mega Bloks on a Lego site (:$), I'll tell you that these are different to normal Mega Bloks (and no, I've never bought a Mega Bloks set)

These sets (sorry, you can't link directly to the page for some reason, you have to got to 'toys and Games' on the left, then click on 'see more' on the left, scroll down to Mega Bloks, and click on 'Nano') anyway, these sets contain pieces that are half the size of normal pieces, allowing you to make very small models with lots of detail. I think they're really good, since they look very well designed. Infact, if I happen to see one in a shop, I might buy it.

So what do you think of these sets? Have you ever bought a Mega Bloks set before, and if you haven't , would you make an exception for these?

P.S If you can figure out how to post directly to the page please tell me :D

Hmmmmmmmm . . . that link still doesn't work, it must just be me.

They look ok but I do not really like megoblox. The cars look good but it seems like they are only built of a few big pieces.

I don't think I will buy them as I am already struggling to keep up with all the lego sets I want to get.

I had to delete my history to make sure nobody thinks I am mad looking at megablox! :P

But of course, they already know I am mad! :wacko:

Jon.

Apo's link works directly for me but Sams is just to the min page.

Jon.

A Picasso painting is an priceless masterpiece, a copy aint worth any thing....

A Picasso painting is an priceless masterpiece, a copy aint worth any thing....

That's what I usually think about Mega Bloks, but since these are so different, I'm thinking them more of a little novelty, and not a proper set. I do think the models look really cool though.

I think the idea came like this for megablocks :

Megablock CEO putted his megablocks pieces in the washing maching because his 2 years old white bricks were already yellow.

When they came out of the wasging machine he putted those in the drier and they were half the normal size ! :P

I won't but those I guess. As I said on fbtb, they made this because they don't have enough ingeniosity to build minimodels with the existing bricks. I also think that for adult, those bricks are too small (think about 1x1 round piece). But those are too small for childs because they can eat bricks. So for who are those ? :devil:

Well I don't usually buy Mega Bloks because Lego usually has soemthing similar and better, but with these there's nothing by Lego that's similar, so I might get them if I see them and have money, but probably won't.

Apos mini cars are quite simaler to them. If only we could buy them off him... :huh:

Jon.

no!!!! actually, i took them apart.... maybe i make some universal instruction with mlcad.... they are really easy to make!!! ;)

And lego elements are so much better than megablox.. so I've heard! :<

Jon.

Well megablock pieces are far away from lego in term of quality. And the pieces don't fit as good as the lego ones. I have a friend that bought a boat (bot a bot ?) and after 2 years, it is falling appart. This would never happen with lego

Nano is a mesurement unit that means 1/1000 the size of the normal model. It is a little bit exagerated for the megablock concept

isn't nano the short form of 1E-9??? thats 1/1000000000.... or am i wrong?!? finally i'm only a lazy student... ;)

Well you're right on that one. But remember he hasn't make any physik since 2000. So some stuff may have disapperead from his brain :P

thats normal... i don't know anything from the things i learned at school except the things i repeated through my studies...

but why was it replaced with this "1/1000"-thing?!? :wacko:

How big would one of those sets be in actual Nano scale??

Jon.

erm... if you have 1 stud = 1 nanometer (nm) you wouldn't be able to see it, except using a raster electron microscope or something like that... ;)

ok, so they would be a little bit small. But why did MB call them Nano size then? Why not mini or even micro?

Some people may feel cheated when they see that instead of the nano sized model they wanted, they get a much larger (but still small) model. :P

Jon.

argh, somehow i've to write everything twice, cause i cant controle my pc..... bad alcohol.... :sick:

okay, once again: maybe they include the bricks we can see only as an example how this ver very little actual nano model looks like!!!! (its into a bag that is nano scale too so you can't see the wohle bag with the parts...)