Lyichir

LEGO Ninjago 2023 Discussion

Oh, the spinners are getting suits that actually look pretty good? Now that's great news.

I'll definitely have to get the Nya one, since she's not easily available in other sets.

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Oh, the spinners are getting suits that actually look pretty good? Now that's great news.

I'll definitely have to get the Nya one, since she's not easily available in other sets.

could you send me images i cant access them for some reason

Just now, Fire-Ninja said:

could you send me images i cant access them for some reason

They're on Goat's Insta stories, like most of the other sets.

And on #legoleaks now too.

i mean Kai's one i cant find it fsr

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They're on Goat's Insta stories, like most of the other sets.

And on #legoleaks now too.

ok thx

@Lego_Minecraft_Goat could you post the Lava Dragon and Kai's Dragon Power Spinjitzu please

I found a low quality image of kai spinjitzu, just hoping the goat posts

Edited by Fire-Ninja

Ok at this point i think that marks all new leaks, thought couple more pics of already revealed stuff should be coming in a bit better quality.
Overall thoughts: e p i c
Besides Sora' Bike, everything else is so nice.
Also seems this confirms inclusion of both black and gold Roundheads in sets: < unless those are deep prelims
-Black ones are in Zane's car and Team Mechs
-Gold ones are in Dragon vs Mech and Bounty
Every Roundhead have this staff as weapon, and it's uses weird new piece? Not sure what is it
Also lovely that nearly every set have various villain hovercrafts
Still excited to see these in full HD.I came in with low expectations and i glad i did. Also there is still stuff unrevealed, like Temple and possible Dragon in bounty?

Saw the leaks, here are my thoughts

destiny’s bounty: oof, doesn’t look that great, probably going to stick with my 2020 bounty

sora mech/bike: it looks decent enough, might get at a discount

kai vs ras: it’s a 4+ set, not buying!

imperium hound: it looks alright, but the proportions are super poor

empress mech: it’s essentially a bigger EVO mech, going to have to wait for the official reveal, but I might pick it up!

zane’s car: front looks good, back looks fine, but the middle, holy titan this needs work!

spinners: amazing, probably going to get one of these and test it out!

Lava dragon: it looks alright, I guess

thoughts on wave so far: one of Ninjago’s worst waves set-wise, I expected better after crystalized, looks like the ninjago budget this year is going to friends and dreamzzz

Going to be honest, these sets look great but a little undersized, and I also feel like there is a massive disconnect between the set and the show. The hunter hound and heatwave transforming dragon are both amazing interpretations of the sets in the show, but then we have sets like the mech bike and the bounty that just look completely different from the show variants. The bounty should be flatter and way wider on the front, ditching the possession esq design. The mech bike…. Where do I start? The legs need a full redo, as do the arms. The wheels are in the wrong position for the legs and the arms look way to skinny and far back.
I also want to point out the villain vehicles, they seem to be particularly weak. The 4 plus set one looks alright, but the ones in the heatwave dragon and the mech bike look dreadful. Obviously we can’t know for sure until official pictures but I’m a little unhappy with them. Best set so far is the hunter hound, it looks spot on in the show, looks amazing as a set, and will be cheap to get. The figures look great as well, excited to see Jay. Second best is the bounty IMO, as much as I’ve dissed it, I love a good bounty and this one looks really unique and fun with the whole dragon that looks like it will sit in the hole in the front (you can see it’s head poking out in the pictures we got today)

12 minutes ago, Lemerbrix said:

thoughts on wave so far: one of Ninjago’s worst waves set-wise, I expected better after crystalized, looks like the ninjago budget this year is going to friends and dreamzzz

I also feel this, although I wouldn't call it the worst. Obviously theres only so much we can get with crappy quality photos but this wave just feels kinda bland? Or maybe its my lack of hype speaking because of these sets taking 20 years to be revealed. The part about budget re-allocation is definelty a possibility though, I would not be surprised by this. Still, we have the temple and the markets to go. Hopefully they dont leak early beforehand as well. Overall, I do like this wave, but its not as good as crystallised. I think I set my hopes too high with the amazing show design of soras mech, plus the show as a whole looks damn amazing. 

1 hour ago, Fire-Ninja said:

I found a low quality image of kai spinjitzu, just hoping the goat posts

Where can I find the images of the leaks?

2 minutes ago, Lego_Minecraft_Goat said:

Lego_minecraft_goat's Instagram stories. 

Thank you!

44 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

I also feel this, although I wouldn't call it the worst. Obviously theres only so much we can get with crappy quality photos but this wave just feels kinda bland? Or maybe its my lack of hype speaking because of these sets taking 20 years to be revealed. The part about budget re-allocation is definelty a possibility though, I would not be surprised by this. Still, we have the temple and the markets to go. Hopefully they dont leak early beforehand as well. Overall, I do like this wave, but its not as good as crystallised. I think I set my hopes too high with the amazing show design of soras mech, plus the show as a whole looks damn amazing. 

Yeah, the only redeeming point to this wave is the markets

I mean, we knew piece amount beforehand so i personally expected small sets. But still i do found something enjoyable in them, though lego is overpricing as usual.
Also again lego putting all budget into minifigures, gimmick sets have printed ninja cowls and Lloyd's one even in different color. 2 headgear types for villains in 2 colors

The new spinners look funky. Looks like they feature balls around the edge like a lazy susan of sorts? And hey, Nya gets a spinner! That's a rare occurrence.

12 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

The new spinners look funky. Looks like they feature balls around the edge like a lazy susan of sorts? And hey, Nya gets a spinner! That's a rare occurrence.

I'm thinking the balls are the dragon energy cores?

2 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

I'm thinking the balls are the dragon energy cores?

Definitely the cores. They seem to be held in a new mold that forms a staff. Some of the enemy’s carry them and there’s one on the side of zanes car. I wonder if the cores are like wheels for the spinner to spin on? Like 3 independent castors? 

also where are people seeing printed cowls on the spinner sets? 

10 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

also where are people seeing printed cowls on the spinner sets? 

Pics on goat's insta page (stories), upper parts of ninja cowls have prints (gold?) in those spinners

Edited by Harren Tonderen

Wait for actual images to fully judge the sets tho.

Prelims are always much worse than the actual images. When you fully see the sets in HD, you can easily change your mind about them.

By the way, got some moc ideas that you can make with new sets:

* Lloyd and Arin's Ninja Team Mechs -> Destiny's Traveller
You have all the needed pieces to make miniature destiny bounty from this set: sail pieces from shoulders and maybe from weapon, dragon head, a bit of wood colored things and chains for anchors. Not sure about shape, but thinking about that one Hands of Time boat but slightly bigger and with actual sail. Had this one in my head for a while.

* Elemental Dragon vs Empress Mech -> Imperium Cyber Dragon Ambush

Get the base of Elemental Dragon and use pieces of mech/small jet to modify it into imperium-controlled dragon. Cover wings with blades and shurikens-saw (like 2014 mech dragon, but only if there's spare 2nd part)
Also additional pair of arms for shoulders with weapons attached (other blades, maybe shooters if set have any, or maybe shuriken-saw). Also you can give to dragon's head a build like Rapton's visor.

* Destiny's Bounty -> Ninja Dragon Samurai
Still don't know how that dragon looks, but i'm sure you can make azure mech out of it, designed with red/black samurai plates.

* Dragon Hunter Hound + Empress Mech -> Ras's Combat Mech

Use slightly modified hound's head for mech and hound's pieces to strenghthen the legs/arms of mech. Also out of hound's shooters you can make hammer for mech that will have them on one side.

9 hours ago, Harren Tonderen said:

By the way, got some moc ideas that you can make with new sets:

* Lloyd and Arin's Ninja Team Mechs -> Destiny's Traveller
You have all the needed pieces to make miniature destiny bounty from this set: sail pieces from shoulders and maybe from weapon, dragon head, a bit of wood colored things and chains for anchors. Not sure about shape, but thinking about that one Hands of Time boat but slightly bigger and with actual sail. Had this one in my head for a while.

* Elemental Dragon vs Empress Mech -> Imperium Cyber Dragon Ambush

Get the base of Elemental Dragon and use pieces of mech/small jet to modify it into imperium-controlled dragon. Cover wings with blades and shurikens-saw (like 2014 mech dragon, but only if there's spare 2nd part)
Also additional pair of arms for shoulders with weapons attached (other blades, maybe shooters if set have any, or maybe shuriken-saw). Also you can give to dragon's head a build like Rapton's visor.

* Destiny's Bounty -> Ninja Dragon Samurai
Still don't know how that dragon looks, but i'm sure you can make azure mech out of it, designed with red/black samurai plates.

* Dragon Hunter Hound + Empress Mech -> Ras's Combat Mech

Use slightly modified hound's head for mech and hound's pieces to strenghthen the legs/arms of mech. Also out of hound's shooters you can make hammer for mech that will have them on one side.

Damn these are good! I could see a destiny’s shadow build from the team mechs, maybe with some weird transforming feature or a second vessel for Arin?