Sign in to follow this  
Darnok

[WTC] More prospecting on Gunpowder Island

With a WTC presence in Black Beach established, one of the first order of operations was to scout the surrounding area - for both potential danger as well as possible riches. The WTC had some encounters on Gunpowder Island in the past, so in accordance with recent plans it was decided to join forces with local Redshirt patrols.

X15zVph.jpg

QBgTsHP.jpg

"I do not like this one bit! Dark volcano sand, rumours of savage tribes in the hinterlands... who knows what we come across? And now this WTC guy to keep an eye on as well!"

Not long after grumpily muttering to himself, the small group came across a welcoming sight...

IosM4Oi.jpg

... but apparently the WTC Scout had seen something else of interest!

h5wzaYq.jpg

NAYlsg7.jpg

A few hits with his pick, and some sample of this curious rock had been freed. What could it be?

MIKON9F.jpg

================================================================

Another prospecting build on Gunpowder Island, may @Ayrlego bring luck!

Two more pictures of the whole scene:

Spoiler

ioGosjr.jpg

xJDTnij.jpg

As always, comments and criticism are welcome! :pir-classic:

I'm curious what the result of the sample will be.

6 hours ago, Darnok said:

I had time to read it today. That was an exciting, crazy and funny story with lots of photos. :pir_laugh2: 

The curious rock turns out to be a cinnabar which as all good geologists know is the most common source of naturally occurring mercury, well done!

So when you rolled mercury I did a quick google search to see if I could somehow tie this in with the red mineral depicted in the scene - the fact cinnabar is red was a very pleasant and unexpected surprise and completely coincidental... unless the WTC have found some dastardly way of rigging https://numbergenerator.org :pir-triumph:

11 minutes ago, Ayrlego said:

The curious rock turns out to be a cinnabar which as all good geologists know is the most common source of naturally occurring mercury, well done!

Nice! Thanks once again for the quick response! :pir-classic:

11 minutes ago, Ayrlego said:

So when you rolled mercury I did a quick google search to see if I could somehow tie this in with the red mineral depicted in the scene - the fact cinnabar is red was a very pleasant and unexpected surprise and completely coincidental...

Cool coincidence indeed! There is also a disease induced by exposure to mercury, known as "mad hatter syndrome" ... which I find to be highly appropriate for WTC related shenanigans. :pir-grin: