Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Bingo!! I couldn't of said it better myself, all the ones i posted about were "quit" stock from the store managers, which is completely different to what K-Mart does, so it best to find them trolleys which normally located near the books and Hi-Fi areas.

Useful info, thanks!

Any tips on how often items are shovelled into these areas? Is it a case of the manager at the beginning of a week going, "Well, this stuff isn't selling, move it to clearance to make room for more Ninjago."

How often do you check the Big W trolleys for new additions?

Useful info, thanks!

Any tips on how often items are shovelled into these areas? Is it a case of the manager at the beginning of a week going, "Well, this stuff isn't selling, move it to clearance to make room for more Ninjago."

How often do you check the Big W trolleys for new additions?

Well it's a hit or miss really.. When i reported those items the other day, about 2 days before that they had other sets that had "Quit" marked on the stickers but not worth mentioning as it was like $2 off, but some one liked them because they were gone

when i came back 2 days later (I "was" hoping for a further discount the longer they sat there, but they were snapped up) maybe

they got a further discount being there at the right time when the staff stand next to the trolleys and slap on a new discount

sticker like last week when i grabbed the SW Slave 1 it was marked at $80 i handed it to the staff member and she put a $51 sticker (I think just to clear the trolley so they could add more items the next day) i guess you have to be lucky and at the right place at the right time... so i would say it's daily

as for me i try to get into store maybe 2 to 3 days a week...

Hope that all made sense and was helpful dotmike

Edited by TanTile

Maces Jedi Starfighter is back at Target Adelaide CBD for $69 RRP. Now just a 20% off sale please since I missed it last time.

Well it's a hit or miss really.. i guess you have to be lucky and at the right place at the right time... so i would say it's daily

as for me i try to get into store maybe 2 to 3 days a week...

Hope that all made sense and was helpful dotmike

Very helpful, thanks! Fills in the blanks about getting clearance bargains from Big W.

Good luck to everyone on their Big W visits.

Very helpful, thanks! Fills in the blanks about getting clearance bargains from Big W.

Good luck to everyone on their Big W visits.

I work at Big W and I asked and we aren't putting any sets on clearance.

Big W now have the LEGO Star Wars: The Padawan Menace Blu Ray, with Young Han Solo Minifigure on sale for $19.87. I picked up my copy today, the figure is Chinese plastic, but it is good to have him.

Edited by Brickus

I work at Big W and I asked and we aren't putting any sets on clearance.

I assume you mean nationwide clearance lines like Kmart has? (Eg, City of Atlantis is $89 everywhere.)

The sightings reported on the past few pages would suggest that locale based Big W store clearances (and they are called "clearances" on the signs on the racks / trolleys in the stores) are frequent but isolated. For example, City of Atlantis might be $69 in Big W Broadmeadows as a "quit" line for that store but $112 in Big W Miranda at the regular price.

On the other hand, you've got the 7207 Fire Boat which retails at $79.99 selling for $29 nationwide. That's not a bad non-clearance special!

Damn, $69 for the Atlantis city, I wouldn't say no (prolly purchase 2).

I don't understand why they don't put the quit specials online. Greater access, and they get to charge for S&H anyway (so cost of effort is returned).

Damn, $69 for the Atlantis city, I wouldn't say no (prolly purchase 2).

I don't understand why they don't put the quit specials online. Greater access, and they get to charge for S&H anyway (so cost of effort is returned).

People walking in through to shop to look for Clearance Specials are more likely to pick something else up while they are there. Batteries, a block of chocolate, anything really. If you buy online from Big W, are you likely to order a block of chocolate with it? I also presume the clearance lines aren't necessarily stocked in the warehouse where the online sales come from.

Saying that, they do sometimes put nationwide specials on their website.

Not sure if this has been posted but King's Castle 7956 is on sale at Big W for $98.

Also saw Prison Tower Rescue for $59.

Both at the Midland store.

Edited by JasonV

Does anyone know anything about a .au release for the 8110 Technic Unimog or the 5767 Cool Cruiser (i.e. when and who will stock these)

BigW has from tomorrow the city fire helicopter is only 29 bucks ! *oh2* (hello, parts collection :laugh: )

Edited by lightningtiger

Apparently the huge Big W sale starts today.

Only the fire copter is at a bargain price, the rest advertised are just their normal everyday prices......a little con to get you in the door. :wink:

Only the fire copter is at a bargain price, the rest advertised are just their normal everyday prices......a little con to get you in the door. :wink:

I got the Off-road fire truck / boat yesterday at BigW for $29... Had the wife with me, said I wanted to price check something and so did she, scanned up at $29, told her they are usually $70+ and she took it from me and said I could have it as one of my birthday presents... Just means I have to wait until January but at least I got one!!

They didn't have the big fire boat other wise I would have gotten that as well!

They also have the 7206 Fire Helicopter for $29 , down from an RRP of $79.99

I think they also have the fire boat 7207 and the off road truck with the boat on the back 7213 for $29, but I didn't see any in stock at my local BigW

Great news, a few of these will make great presents to the Kmart wishing tree appeal (or similar appeals). Thanks for the info!

I wasnt interested in the fire helicopter before but at these prices, it might be worth getting the helicopter, boat or truck+boat (or some combination of the above)

Just when you think you have bought all the lego you plan to buy for 2011, bam, out comes an amazing deal that's so good its worth buying things you never even thought you would buy.

Who can say no to ~63% off on that fire helicopter :)

I got the Off-road fire truck / boat yesterday at BigW for $29... Had the wife with me, said I wanted to price check something and so did she, scanned up at $29, told her they are usually $70+ and she took it from me and said I could have it as one of my birthday presents... Just means I have to wait until January but at least I got one!!

They didn't have the big fire boat other wise I would have gotten that as well!

Macquarie Centre BigW must have had about 20-30 of each of the 3 fire sets on sale for $29 when I was there on Saturday.

So if anybody in Sydney is after them, that is the place to go!

They are on a table just as you get to the toy section up the back.

Not sure if this BigW Clearance set is nation wide or just at one BigW store, but they had plenty of the Star Wars UCS Imperial Shuttles 10212

on clearance stickers for $370 (down from the Rip off retail price of $448).

Still way too expensive in my books and they still weren't selling, perhaps another 2 price drops and the set will be worth buying....... so keep

a look out Australia wide as I have a feeling the Imperial Shuttle was a flop for the amount BigW had to order to have it as an Exclusive so there

might be a fire sale on it in the coming months.

Not sure if this BigW Clearance set is nation wide or just at one BigW store, but they had plenty of the Star Wars UCS Imperial Shuttles 10212

Still way too expensive in my books and they still weren't selling, perhaps another 2 price drops and the set will be worth buying....... so keep

a look out Australia wide as I have a feeling the Imperial Shuttle was a flop for the amount BigW had to order to have it as an Exclusive so there

I only ever saw 2 of these at my local Big W (Warringah Mall, Sydney) when they first came out, and never saw them at nohter BigW that I visited.

How many were there??

Which BigW was it?

I think I paid approximatly $ 321 (inc shipping) getting mine through Lego USA / Price USA. Seems reasonable but still not as good as the USA retail price of course.

Since I found Brick Link the only other store I have still used is Barnes and Noble they just don't seem to get the UCS stuff or a very large range but good prices and cheap shipping.

Edited by Concept

Since you're new, Concept, someone should just mention that the mods don't like "off topic" discussion of various methods of importing from overseas in this thread. There's another thread for that.

It's fair enough rule, even if it is a valid means of getting LEGO at cheaper prices in Australia and many of us enjoyed learning about them. The thread is about Aussie Sales, so that is what we talk about!

Other informal rules:

• Try not to talk about purchases at RRP, even if you are excited about the set you've just found. Below RRP prices at Australian retailers are what we covet.
  • Talk of non-LEGO brands will probably result in a fate worse than being thrown into a Sarlaac.
  • Everybody here knows how much we're being gouged by local pricing, which is often 150%-200% of US RRP, and even though it's tempting to let off steam about the situation, it's simply not going to change. That's why this thread is so good: it's a way of levelling the playing field.
  • When you've found a sale price, try to give as much detail as possible that would let someone take advantage of it. For example, we've recently been discussing how Big W's clearances are often local to specific stores, so when reporting a Big W find, give the store's location. Other stores, such as Kmart or Myer, generally have nationwide clearances so the same price should be available in all stores.
  • Be prepared to give evidence, say a photo of the shelf sticker or even a scan of a receipt (that someone might be able to use to price match).
  • For something that may require followup, try to revisit this thread within a day or so to see if there are any followup questions you can help with.

Hope I've covered everything! Happy LEGO bargain hunting.

Picked up the fire helicopter at Riverton Big W. When I left, there was 1 helicopter and about 1/2 dozen boats left. None of the truck+boat at all.

Thanks for the info dotmike, apologies for incorrect posting.

I will be going to Big W now that I have seen the discussion and check out what they have them for as there were a couple of sets left in our local store. Not sure if many of the Aussie members live in Far North Queensland though lol