Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Looks like it's Kmart for some Lego specials this week.....

8201 and 8200 - 10 bucks each

8423 and 8424 - 19 bucks each

8426 - 29 bucks

That's it there....just some Cars2 stuff ! :wink:

Keep on shopping ! :grin:

Our store were moving toys towards the front of the store, which they usually do before a big sale. The items they had there weren't discounted much, but maybe they will have a decent sale soon (not that they had much on offer)

Our store were moving toys towards the front of the store, which they usually do before a big sale. The items they had there weren't discounted much, but maybe they will have a decent sale soon (not that they had much on offer)

End of June both Kmart and BigW (I know BigW is for sure doing a toy sale end of June) the mega-Christmas layby toy sales start....usually Kmart gets the city stuff first....I might ring them and find out eh ? :wink:

Brick On Shop On everyone ! :grin:

Catch of the Day had the SW Venator set for $99.00, but have since sold out

Tomorrow they are having a "Massive Toy Sale, so "will have to keep an eye out in case any Lego pops up

I cant remember exact details but I saw something on Today Tonight (or a TT ad) here in Perth indicating they were going to have a story about a MYER sale, something about it being "The biggest sale in the history of MYER" or something.

Will have to watch TT tonight and see if I can see the story and any details.

Relavent here in case the TT story mentions anything about toys being included (and whether the sale itself includes LEGO or toys)

EDIT:

http://au.todaytonight.yahoo.com/article/7328560/lifestyle/myer-biggest-stocktake-sale

Thats a link to the blurb about the TT story.

Edited by jonwil

I cant remember exact details but I saw something on Today Tonight (or a TT ad) here in Perth indicating they were going to have a story about a MYER sale, something about it being "The biggest sale in the history of MYER" or something.

Relavent here in case the TT story mentions anything about toys being included (and whether the sale itself includes LEGO or toys)

EDIT:

http://au.todaytonight.yahoo.com/article/7328560/lifestyle/myer-biggest-stocktake-sale

Just a quick correction, apparently it airs tomorrow night (not that I will be watching) and the sale starts on Thursday. I'm still holding out the possibly ridiculous hope that this is when Myer will release the Black Pearl (as June 1 was mentioned in this thread as the release date).

Edited by hewman

EDIT:

That link is dated last year.. Are you sure there is a sale happening?

Myer Adelaide know nothing about a Black Pearl for POTC Lego, but June 23rd is there big mid-year toy sale.

Brick On Shop On ! :grin:

Ok, that link was wrong.

But I definatly saw something on the TT ad or "comming later this week" bit.

That link is dated last year.. Are you sure there is a sale happening?

I just saw June 1 and didn't notice it said 2010. Thanks for noticing.

Myer Adelaide know nothing about a Black Pearl for POTC Lego, but June 23rd is there big mid-year toy sale.

Brick On Shop On ! :grin:

Thanks for finding out, mate. I think I was being rather optimistic thinking it would come out this week.

Thanks for finding out, mate. I think I was being rather optimistic thinking it would come out this week.

Can't be this week - Toy Fair this weekend :D

There's some talk in the PotC thread about Myer releasing the Black Pearl this week. I believe someone mentioned that in this thread a month or two ago as well.

Nothing conclusive however, although its been speculated it may actually be the mini Black Pearl in the polybag.

If a larger Black Pearl were to be released, the LEGO Group would likely have information available by now. Doesn't seem likely they'd surprise their consumers by releasing it into stores and waiting till they stumble upon it. In terms of an exclusive, the Imperial Flagship actually had a formal press release.

Still, there's a first time for everything!

If a larger Black Pearl were to be released, the LEGO Group would likely have information available by now. Doesn't seem likely they'd surprise their consumers by releasing it into stores and waiting till they stumble upon it. In terms of an exclusive, the Imperial Flagship actually had a formal press release.

Still, there's a first time for everything!

Usually there is a leak somewhere along the information line as well. I think the last one they kept almost as long as possible was the SW AT-OT set, which came as a suprise to nearly everyone. Wasn't long after they announced it that they S&H started taking preorders, if I remember rightly

They kept a pretty tight lid on the Pet Shop too.

Also, as of today, Big W Belmont has the Ewok Attack, Big Bentley Bust Up and Scarab Attack. No other PQ sets spotted (has anyone seen the Golden Staff Guardians at retail yet?)

K-Mart had a couple of the giant storage heads but other than that, nothing notable.

Edited by jonwil

It's barely worth mentioning this, but David Jones' online store has a 20% off sale on toys including LEGO. All humdrum stuff and there's probably shipping on top.

I'd only be interested if the Pet Shop modular was a David Jones exclusive, but even it is, it's probably a few months away.

Edited by dotmike

My local (Parramatta) Target has the new Star Wars sets;

7657 Dathomir Speeder (50?)

7959 Geonosian Starfighter (80?)

7961 Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator (120?)

I don't recall the exact prices but I do recall they are horrid...

Usually there is a leak somewhere along the information line as well.

Well there are rumblings... Just Google "LEGO Black Pearl" and its variants and see what you get. The rumblings seem to indicate it will be released in November in time for Christmas.

My local (Parramatta) Target has the new Star Wars sets;

7657 Dathomir Speeder (50?)

7959 Geonosian Starfighter (80?)

7961 Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator (120?)

I don't recall the exact prices but I do recall they are horrid...

Shop at home has just listed a bunch of new sets. The Dathomir Speeder price is correct, the Geonosian set is $60 but Darth Maul is $130! The Millennium falcon is $250 (to be honest I thought this might have been even more). Only a couple small sets from Kingdoms and Alien Conquest are listed right now.

Shop at home has just listed a bunch of new sets. The Dathomir Speeder price is correct, the Geonosian set is $60 but Darth Maul is $130! The Millennium falcon is $250 (to be honest I thought this might have been even more). Only a couple small sets from Kingdoms and Alien Conquest are listed right now.

Even more interesting that they are on our S@H and not on the US version. Our prices are still horrific though for those piece counts, but I guess we are getting a heap of new minfigs :(

Those prices are shocking.....

Darth Mauls Sith Infiltrator - 479 piece's $129.99

Should be on clearance in Feb 2012 for $55.00

Edited by Clone-Trooper

Catch of the Day's Lego specials today

Lotso's Dump Truck 7789 $19.95

Atlantis 8077 $39.99

Atlantix 8078 $79.99

Star wars Slave 1 $69.99

World Racers Desert of Destruction $79.00

World Racers gator Swamp $34.95

Those prices are shocking.....

Darth Mauls Sith Infiltrator - 479 piece's $129.99

Should be on clearance in Feb 2012 for $55.00

I was on the fence for the prices of the last sets and didn't want rant about the current pricing models until numbers were released - but this June rollout is atrocious. MF seems right but the other kits are shocking. I will likely go Bricklink or B&N for these. Even Myer super sales may struggle make these affordable before clearance time.

Someone is seriously cashing in here. Im struggling to see a parent handover the cash for these kits for their kids.

Just a brief report from my lunch time sojourn around Adelaide city centre. David Jones have 20% off Lego, although not much that isn't available at many other places. They did have a few Fire Brigade sets that would be $240 after discount.

Nothing happening at Myer, although they are having some sales just because DJs are, their actual stocktake sale doesn't start until the 8th according to signs there. They did have one imperial flagship there at full price. And no sign of a Black pearl of any sort. There were masses of other PotC sets, they don't look like they're selling well at all.

Toyworld didn't have any new sets such as the winter bakery that others have been reporting as being in stores in other states.

I guess we'll have to wait until the sales towards the end of the month for any big news. I'm just hoping Alien COnquest and Kingdoms make it to Myer (I'd be disappointed if Kingdoms is a toyworld exclusive).

Edited by hewman

Don't know whether this has been mentioned before

Toys R Us at Pacific Fair had some new sets in

Hillside House - 99.99

Lighthouse - 69.99

They also had some sets I hadn't seen there before, so they must have come back in stock after a long absense

SW X-Wing #6212 $69.99

SW At-At #8129 $169.99

Technic Racing Truck #8041 $79.99

Toys R Us at Pacific Fair had some new sets in

Hillside House - 99.99

Someone PLEASE tell me that the $100 for the Hillside House is a TRU markup and not actual RRP.

No way is that set worth $100.

Then again, its $70US (which isn't exactly good value either) so $100 AU is not that bad compared to the 100% markup we get on things like POTC.

I wasn't aware that Australia is currently in risk of facing a recession.

Are you aware now, after the news of a decline of 1.2% to our economy? Don't believe the excuse of the floods & other disasters, there is many reasons, one major one being the fact people are spending their money overseas, supporting foreign jobs & not Australian. The short term gain may be pleasant, but the long term gain surely won't be. I hope you all have recession proof jobs.