Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Inspired by the report of Toys R Us pricing incompetence over the ship, I did a bit of late night shopping...

Unfortunately, my nearest TRU at Hurstville (Sydney) hadn't made the same mistake: :cry_sad:

5712781030_145f1576ce.jpg5712780234_fb7606bd63.jpg

Oh well, I feel even a mispriced $127 for the QAR was still borderline too much anyway. I'll save the money for the Pearl and make do with the smaller sets I got from Target.

(BTW, Target Hurstville has shelves overflowing with POTC as of tonight, which is unusual, as they're normally the worst LEGO stocking dept store around.)

Before anyone else bothers, gepps cross tru are aware of the mistake and are no long giving the extra 20% off. well that's what the night manager said anyway.

MYER Perth CBD has POTC in stock now.

David Jones Perth CBD had a whole pile of unopened boxes in the toy section labeled for POTC and for Cars . The Cars 2 stuff had stickers on it saying "dont put out until <some date>" so I dont know if David Jones was intending to put them on the shelf or not.

Target Perth CBD had POTC and Target East Vic Park had both POTC and some of the Cars 2 stuff (like the small race car and tow truck)

Nothing at all new at Big W in Riverton

Was ALMOST tempted to buy a London Escape but having spent money on some badly needed new jeans, I decided not to :) (plus I am sure that there will be plenty of opportunities to get it at least as cheap as Target currently has it for, if not cheaper)

Looks like Target is the best place to get POTC at this point unless you have vouchers/credit (or really good staff discounts) for some other retailer.

LT - you see any Series 2 minifigs or SW Battle Of Geonosis at Gepps Cross?

Oh, no to the series 2 minifigs and sorry, I don't remember seeing that SW set.....I was in POTC heaven ! :laugh:

That's four sets today and I might get me last two POTC that I want tomorrow depending on money that is ! :blush:

Inspired by the report of Toys R Us pricing incompetence over the ship, I did a bit of late night shopping...

Unfortunately, my nearest TRU at Hurstville (Sydney) hadn't made the same mistake: :cry_sad:

5712781030_145f1576ce.jpg5712780234_fb7606bd63.jpg

Oh well, I feel even a mispriced $127 for the QAR was still borderline too much anyway. I'll save the money for the Pearl and make do with the smaller sets I got from Target.

(BTW, Target Hurstville has shelves overflowing with POTC as of tonight, which is unusual, as they're normally the worst LEGO stocking dept store around.)

Hey fellow eurobrick members!

I hope my receipts will help you guys score cheaper POTC QAR's! Always remember to be nice to the cashier and manager. :sweet:

post-11501-130520403416.jpgpost-11501-130520405735.jpg

I went and put the Queen Anne's Revenge and Whitecap Bay on layby at Target tonight since I could only afford the deposit on those two. I also picked up a MiniFig and a Freddo Frog to make up $5.40 (so I'd only have to pay 40c) so I could use my $5 voucher. Now, even though the girls had told me last week that the voucher could be used on anything, this time they told me I could only use it with Women's underwear and that their computer would not even register the voucher if they tried. So I missed out on that.

And now that I see Toys R Us have the Queen Anne's Revenge even cheaper I'm a bit bummed I laybyed the one at Target. I hope Pacific Fair Toys R Us have the same mistake, will the same still be on on Tuesday (when I get paid)?

Edited by Cammy

Hey fellow eurobrick members!

I hope my receipts will help you guys score cheaper POTC QAR's! Always remember to be nice to the cashier and manager. :sweet:

Wow! Same store and everything.

Thank you for posting those!

What date did you get them to do the price guarantee thing?

I suppose it's too late now they've woken up to the mistake at other TRU stores, but other retailers might price match.

It's never too late. I got it done last night, had to be really nice to the cashier and manager. Sweet talk your way into getting that deal.

It's never too late. I got it done last night, had to be really nice to the cashier and manager. Sweet talk your way into getting that deal.

Well, I tried. I printed your receipt and took it into Hurstville.

I explained a friend had bought this yesterday, had photocopied the receipt for me, and could they price match his price?

Out came the manager, who proceeded to explain about the TRU signage mistake, but was adamant that he couldn't match that price.

Maybe if I was a better sweet talker (and/or better looking) I would have got a deal, but in this case, no ship.

But thanks again for posting the receipts and congratulations on your own sweet deals!

(And good luck to anyone else attempting this price match - there may just be some TRUs who are more keen to keep potential customers happy. Or you may be sweeter talking/better looking!)

Well, I tried. I printed your receipt and took it into Hurstville.

I explained a friend had bought this yesterday, had photocopied the receipt for me, and could they price match his price?

Out came the manager, who proceeded to explain about the TRU signage mistake, but was adamant that he couldn't match that price.

Maybe if I was a better sweet talker (and/or better looking) I would have got a deal, but in this case, no ship.

But thanks again for posting the receipts and congratulations on your own sweet deals!

(And good luck to anyone else attempting this price match - there may just be some TRUs who are more keen to keep potential customers happy. Or you may be sweeter talking/better looking!)

Don't let that discourage you. Hurstville TRU was quite hard to crack, try Miranda TRU, he was more lenient and the manager's name is Darren and I thanked him profusely after he did the markdown. There are still other TRU's around NSW that you could try, perhaps Bankstown or parramatta. Or maybe bring the receipt into another retailer for a pricematch. Also the TRU in Hurstville has a big board or poster saying "Price match gurantee" *conditions apply. LOL :sweet:

If the current top selling product list on shop at home is anything to go by, Lego won't be reducing their prices to us in Australia any time soon. The pet shop is number 1 at $270 and number 3 is the QAR at $200. Obviously there's a few people out there with more spare cash than I have.

TRU Cannington have removed all traces of QAR, and have also removed (maybe never put up?) any shelf tags on the other POTC stock - just the large specials signs.

On another note, they had City Limited Edition Set 3658 Police Helicopter, reg $59.99 less 20% = $47.99

Don't let that discourage you. Hurstville TRU was quite hard to crack, try Miranda TRU, he was more lenient and the manager's name is Darren and I thanked him profusely after he did the markdown. There are still other TRU's around NSW that you could try, perhaps Bankstown or parramatta. Or maybe bring the receipt into another retailer for a pricematch. Also the TRU in Hurstville has a big board or poster saying "Price match gurantee" *conditions apply. LOL :sweet:

Thanks for the receipts megabite88, managed to score one at TRU =D

You're a legend!

Finally picked up a Sort and Store head at Belconnen K-Mart. Yay! One more there.

Saw QAR at TRU with a standard ticket price of $159, pretty sure I would have got it for 20% off that if I wanted it. Instead used the 20% off to pick up a few Pirates Code games, primarily for some particular parts I want for a MOD.

:classic: :classic:

Edited by AussieJimbo

I should check TRU Tea Tree Plus and if 4192 still has the wrong shelf tag eh ? :laugh:

Target is still the cheapest for 4182 at 31 bucks ! :grin: (on shopping list for early next week !)

Keep on shopping ! :grin:

Target has put the 5893 Offreoad Power Creator set on clearance, and it can be had for $63.89 with the current 20% off sale.

Not bad considering it is RRP $139.99.

Target at Warringah Mall and Hornsby (Sydney) had 6 or more each on the shelves.

http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=5893

I have seen all the chatter about the mispriced QAR, however I just scored the Cannibal Escape from Target for $31.20! The ticket shelf price was 39.99 marked down to 31.20. When I scanned it though it showed up as the correct Aus retail of $59.99 marked down to $47. So after mentioning it to 4 staff members they agreed to the shelf price without any hassles. That's only $1.20 more than the US price true believers!

My Target had the World Racers sets on clearance.

Kmart and Target had series 4 figures on offer too.

POTC lego has arriverd at Big W

prices are

$38.93 Isla de muerta

$54.83 Cannibal Escape

$23.72 Captain's Cabin

$78.87 The Mill

$38.93 Fountain of Youth

$97.00 London

$128 Whitecap Bay

$146 Queen Anne's Revenge

Just for fun, margin on all the sets at these prices are between 25 to 30%, except QAR which is 6%

Our store just got in a couple of the QAR and some of the london set but more stock is in transit.

Whats the cheapest way to get a London Escape (cheapest including shipping and etc) that doesn't involve PayPal (i.e. buying from overseas BL store is out)

Is buying from Target @ 20% off the best option or are there ways to have it shipped from overseas that would wind up cheaper when all the shipping costs (including re-shipping if using a forwarding service) are taken into account?

I have seen all the chatter about the mispriced QAR, however I just scored the Cannibal Escape from Target for $31.20! The ticket shelf price was 39.99 marked down to 31.20. When I scanned it though it showed up as the correct Aus retail of $59.99 marked down to $47. So after mentioning it to 4 staff members they agreed to the shelf price without any hassles. That's only $1.20 more than the US price true believers!

My Target had the World Racers sets on clearance.

Kmart and Target had series 4 figures on offer too.

Pretty sure the 31.20 price has been mentioned a few times already but interesting to hear that they have finally picked up their massive mistake on the rrp! Only took them a week or so!

The Cannibal Escape scanning at the higher price today at Target in Hornsby (NSW)..

Edited by shnake

Hi,

I was just looking through bigw.com.au online shop and noticed three interesting lego sets

- lukes landspeeder for $42.87 - in case you missed one of these ones

- Lego sort and store head for $38.93 - these are a great sorter, and look very fine

- Pharoahs Quest Scarab attack for $7.72 - I don't think I've seen these for sale in Aus shops yet

I put these three sets in a shopping cart and the postage was $7, which didn't seem too bad - it looks like they are all in stock

Hi,

I was just looking through bigw.com.au online shop and noticed three interesting lego sets

- lukes landspeeder for $42.87 - in case you missed one of these ones

- Lego sort and store head for $38.93 - these are a great sorter, and look very fine

- Pharoahs Quest Scarab attack for $7.72 - I don't think I've seen these for sale in Aus shops yet

I put these three sets in a shopping cart and the postage was $7, which didn't seem too bad - it looks like they are all in stock

LOL i saw that head sorter thing at kmart... it's a nice concept, however i have way too many lego to fit into that head .. id need like 10 of them hawhaw

Well a PQ set at last.....and at BigW....so we know who is getting it as a mid-year toy sale exclusive ! :wink:

Good to know PQ is going to hit .AU, I cant wait for the golden staff guardians to appear :)

The Cannibal Escape scanning at the higher price today at Target in Hornsby (NSW)..

Obviously it is nation wide, as they upped the price here too (Alice Springs)