Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

That's the exact e-mail that I received so it looks like The Hut isn't honoring the deal. Haven't received my refund yet, got notification on the 30th of April. How long did it take your refund to go through BrickAl?

I got my refund within three days. I had paid by PayPal.

I hope you at least get your refund quickly as it sounds like TheHut.com has done a swift one. I personnally will not bother with their site ever again as it does not seem worth the effort.

FWIW they're still offering it for about AUD$225 shipped which is cheaper than anywhere else except perhaps Bricklink.

Where do we find this fwiw? I am now still interested in this set.

As an AFOL it is extremely disappointing to be treated like this.

Yes, I couldn't agree with you more. Especially as many business articles hold the resurgent success of TLC due somewhat to its improved supply chain, but also partly due to the increased appeal on the part of the designers to the mature part of their audience. That applies to both for choosing quality sets for their children and also adults purchasing larger, more expensive sets for themselves, not just the smaller cheaper sets likely to be bought for youngsters.

However, their bean counters know what they are doing. They price according what a market will bear, and Australia appears to be able to bear much higher prices than the US. Judging by the toy aisles, I doubt LEGO is hurting at all from any reduction in buying. With the high Aussie dollar, they must be raking it in.

The Pet Shop set is to be relaesed May 10 like the rest of the world, at the price of $270, factor in the $35 for shipping (or has it gone up since my last S@H order?) and you're looking at well over twice what someone in the US would pay.

Actually $45 now for Standard shipping (13 business days) and $100 for Express (6 days), according to this page.

Presumably one of the dept stores here will have it as an exclusive for a while. Anyone know who?

That at least will save shipping. If it was Myer (less likely) then you only have to wait a while for one of their inevitable 20% off + extra for Myer One card holders sales.

More likely it will be David Jones or Toys R Us. They are far more stingy with their sales, though TRU occasionally has the "spend $100, get 20% off" coupon, which would help greatly for a set like this.

Otherwise, to get the cost down further, it's a case of finding a good US Bricklink seller who will de-box and charge a fair postage rate. I won't even mention the B&ignoble word, they are dead to me now.

Edited by dotmike

"FWIW they're still offering it for about AUD$225 shipped which is cheaper than anywhere else except perhaps Bricklink."

Where do we find this fwiw? I am now still interested in this set.

The page is here and they had them on Wednesday but currently it is listed as 'sold out'. Sorry about that.

Myer Pacific Fair have an Imperial Flagship in stock at $279 if anyone is chasing one!

Just finished my lunch time rounds at Pacific Fair

Target have a few more POTC sets including Queen Anns Revenge for $199

they also have the basic Cars 2 LEGO sets for $13 and $24 from memory.

Nothing new at TRU or Kmart

Myer Pacific Fair have an Imperial Flagship in stock at $279 if anyone is chasing one!

Just finished my lunch time rounds at Pacific Fair

Target have a few more POTC sets including Queen Anns Revenge for $199

they also have the basic Cars 2 LEGO sets for $13 and $24 from memory.

Nothing new at TRU or Kmart

All aussies, don't bother with the new PoTC sets.. they are such a RIP OFF.. we are paying DOUBLE the price USA people are paying. You can often save $20-$30 by buying from bricklink even with shipping price included.

All aussies, don't bother with the new PoTC sets.. they are such a RIP OFF.. we are paying DOUBLE the price USA people are paying. You can often save $20-$30 by buying from bricklink even with shipping price included.

Thanks for making us aware of that!

I havn't bought much LEGO this year actually, last year it would have been a number of thousands. Can't see myself buying any of the current available sets in stores either.

Myer have the ATLANTIS NEPTUNE CARRIER 8075 set for $29.50 now. RRP for the set is $89.95.

Castle Hill Myers(Sydney) had about 6 left today.

Sadly, I'll have to tolerate the high price since there are no guarantees of QAR turning up in mint condition if I order online.

At least I can take a good look it when buying locally.

QAR will be at target with 20% off all Lego this Thursday for $150 save $50

QAR will be at target with 20% off all Lego this Thursday for $150 save $50

Im trying to work out the maths here, if the RRP of the set is $199, and Target

have a 20% off, doesn't that make the price $159.20?

Or do you mean they're lowering the QAR to $150?

Im trying to work out the maths here, if the RRP of the set is $199, and Target

have a 20% off, doesn't that make the price $159.20?

Or do you mean they're lowering the QAR to $150?

Yes that post is actually a little confusing, but I just checked on lasoo and it will be $149 at Target, I think that's about the maximum that it's worth. Just shows how much mark up there is when they can so quickly discount it by that much. Lasoo Target. Some other sets are better than 20% as well.

Edited by hewman

Yes that post is actually a little confusing, but I just checked on lasoo and it will be $149 at Target, I think that's about the maximum that it's worth. Just shows how much mark up there is when they can so quickly discount it by that much. Lasoo Target. Some other sets are better than 20% as well.

Hmmmm, it's tempting at $149 but your right, that set is not worth anymore then $149 Australian.

If Myer ever get it I'll be able to get x3 for $132.66 dollars each once they run their Buy 2 Get 1 Free.

Wouldn't it be nice if Target added that 20% off to the $149 catalogue QAR price :-)

But at least the other sets which aren't listed in the catalogue will get 20% off also, including

those PoTC sets which aren't mentioned.

Yes that post is actually a little confusing, but I just checked on lasoo and it will be $149 at Target

$144 if the "worst coupon ever" is valid! :wink:

Hmm, $199.99 RRP vs $144. Not bad. Almost within a "I don't mind too much" price gouge over $119.99 USD RRP.

I wonder if any pressure is being put on LEGO Australia / retailers to reduce prices? If so, keep it up! There's a lot of room to manoeuvre.

Wouldn't it be nice if Target added that 20% off to the $149 catalogue QAR price :-)

But at least the other sets which aren't listed in the catalogue will get 20% off also, including

those PoTC sets which aren't mentioned.

We can dream. But if it does happen I'll be on here letting everyone know, but usually they're smart enough not to allow doubling up of discounts. I'm tempted at $149, maybe Myer will price match and I can at least get some points there.

With the QAR set at target you can use the $5 coupon if you have one so it comes down to 144, very tempted at that price.

Stuff it, I'll bite the bullet and get all of the PoTC sets on Thursday from Target. Unless Myer has them and strikes me a deal, it's over $500 worth of stuff.

Stuff it, I'll bite the bullet and get all of the PoTC sets on Thursday from Target. Unless Myer has them and strikes me a deal, it's over $500 worth of stuff.

No PotC at Myer Adelaide as of 20 minutes ago. I looked at the QAR and it when I picked it up there just didn't feel like there was much weight to it so I looked up the weight on bricklink and found it is only a little heavier than Brickbeard's Bounty. The Whitecap bay felt very solid but even at the reduced price of $111 it seems rather expensive.

Edit: From Wednesday Toys R Us has 20% off all Lego construction toys, I assume they word it like this to exclude games (even though games require construction). It doesn't list any exclusions about clearance or sale items.

Edited by hewman

It appears only BigW has some Cars 2 sets that Target doesn't, also Kmart does not know when POTC is comming but they are expecting Cars 2 sets soon.

But good that I held off on POTC at Target the other day....so hello layby counter ! :grin:

Keep on shopping ! :grin:

Damn I wish I had more money. I want the London Escape set for parts but even at the discount price of $80 or so, I am not sure I can justify it :(

Plus even at 20% off, its still somewhere in the neighborhood of 2x the US price :(

I could order it from the US but most of the US sites that will ship internationally tend not to be that good (e.g. B&N and the stories going around about that) plus I gotta pay shipping, debit card fees etc and wait for it to arrive.

Maybe I should hope someone gives a discount on the London Escape that's as good as what Target are doing on the QAR...

Don't know if this is the case across all Targets, but Target Canberra City had the POTC Cannibal Escape mispriced at $39 today (all the other sets were at full Aussie Recommended Rip-off Price), which will be a sweet deal when the 20% off deal kicks in on the 12th (almost the same as the US price!).

Edited by TeufelHund

Damn I wish I had more money. I want the London Escape set for parts but even at the discount price of $80 or so, I am not sure I can justify it :(

Plus even at 20% off, its still somewhere in the neighborhood of 2x the US price :(

I could order it from the US but most of the US sites that will ship internationally tend not to be that good (e.g. B&N and the stories going around about that) plus I gotta pay shipping, debit card fees etc and wait for it to arrive.

Maybe I should hope someone gives a discount on the London Escape that's as good as what Target are doing on the QAR...

I've decided I can't justify any of the PotC discount prices (except maybe Captain's Cabin at $19). I'll wait to see if Myer mid-year sale has 20% off and another 10% for Myer One members and I'll re-assess. I've gone through the QAR building instructions and the more I look at it the less interesting it seems, it's only those beautiful sails that keep grabbing my attention.

I've decided I can't justify any of the PotC discount prices (except maybe Captain's Cabin at $19). I'll wait to see if Myer mid-year sale has 20% off and another 10% for Myer One members and I'll re-assess. I've gone through the QAR building instructions and the more I look at it the less interesting it seems, it's only those beautiful sails that keep grabbing my attention.

I understand where you're coming from. I held the QAR box in my hands for the first time today, and felt a tinge of disappointment. I'm not sure I'd even be sad if the scalpers cleared the Target shelves before I get there later in the week.

Something else to bear in mind: The Black Pearl is coming...

I suspect the QAR was released first and by itself as it's the Pearl which would get chosen over it if the two were on the shelf together. The Black Pearl is a very iconic ship, whereas QAR is just a nice ship with skulls and sails.