Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Went for a shop this morning

Starwars sets were marked at $25 but scanned at $17, the tractors were marked at $11 and scanned at $7 so that was the Kmart run at Logan, they also had the creator firetruck marked at $50 have one already so passed and they also had the new starwars sets and board games, bit pricey though so will wait for next %off sale me thinks

Then went to Target to see what was left, man the store was gutted and I dont think they are going to do much restocking at the moment, they did have the new starwars sets but for $150 for the new slave1 they can keep it

Anyways picked up the Train station for $60, the Racers for $14 and the impulse sets for $4each

All in all a good shop

Sweet buy! When you say the Kmart shop at Logan, do you mean Loganholme?

Did you leave anything behind? lol

Did either store have any Pig Farm & Tractor and/or Farm?

Edited by Friction

Friction - Logan Central on Wembley road, they always seem to have something on clearance down there, since getting back into lego I try to make a visit to that store each payday as there is generally something there I want.

The big farm set that is usually $99 was marked down to $80 they had a bunch of that I left a about 8 tractors there but i did clear out the last of those hoth sets. Big W at Browns Plains had the pig farm for about $48 I think there were about 10 of them there around lunctime.

There is also a leasson to be learnt here

I went back to kmart to buy a belt in the afternoon and decided to recheck the lego section

The Creator firetruck that had a $50 tag under it, I grabbed one and took it to the scanner to be sure, beep and it comes up at $35!! They also had a city helicopter transport set with $48 sticker on it scanned and woot $23!!

Moral of the story even though it has a price on it, scan it cause you might pick up a nice surprise!!

Hi Everyone

My first post. But I will get to introductions later.

I had a visit to Kmart they had lots of games. I got Creationary!

They had Robo Champ, Race 3000, Minotaurus and Pyramid as well.

I didnt see any marked down or older Lego there at all.

Big W had the Lego Truck $43.87

I dont collect Star Wars but I did see at least 2 of the new sets 8093 and 8089.

Target had nothing, last day of the sale, perhaps a restock coming soon.

I didn't see any minifigs at all, or the impulse sets

Friction - Logan Central on Wembley road, they always seem to have something on clearance down there

You're right about that shop being a gold mine for clearnaced kits. I was going to head there tomorrow for some Hoth kits. Oh well not to worry.

And good to see Kmart back to heavy clearance pricing, I'm hoping that Farm gets a little cheaper.

Target TTP has the Lego truck, but I have been told the City House is going to indepedents (like Toyworld) first, then maybe Target later in the year.

Trains are also meant to be going to Kmart as well.

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I paid a visit to BigW @ Loganholme tonight which has the Lego Truck (3221) for $47 or thereabouts (sorry don't remember the exact price). KMart @ Victoria Point had the Creator Fire Truck for $35. KMart @ Loganholme had the new games. The Race 3000 is $29 and can't remember the prices on the others sorry.

Yeah, nothing at Myer in Sydney either apart from Fire Brigades, Apple Tree Houses and Space Police sets :wink: Hopefully they restock with SW or something else interesting before the deal expires.

I went to the books section but didn't notice the Brickmaster set - thanks for the tip, hewman!

Anyone desperate for the Architecture White House set can buy it for $US57 (inc shipping to Australia) from B&N. With the 40% off voucher I picked up another Alamut or two there for under half the Aussie retail price :sweet:

in regards to B&N, When I tried to place an order shipping was in the range of 40 dollars+, do you have to be a registered member for their free shipping?

Went to K-Mart last night, they've moved the Lego and the range was much better than usual. First time I've seen impulse sets in there. SP3 ones I spent a year getting annoyed about not finding anywhere. Well too bad, I've got as many of them as I want already, so K Mart's impulses can rot on shelf. I saw the Lego games, now I understand. I thought they were going to be computer games & was wondering what the fuss was about! (Big deal, what's new about that?) Haha they look pretty cool.

Questions: anyone used S@H before? What time-frame should I anticipate for delivery? Do they post from Denmark or locally? I'm kinda over rushing home from work before the post office closes to see if there's a card in the letter box (and finding that there isn't - sigh, looks like it's a movie night again).

Questions: anyone used S@H before? What time-frame should I anticipate for delivery? Do they post from Denmark or locally? I'm kinda over rushing home from work before the post office closes to see if there's a card in the letter box (and finding that there isn't - sigh, looks like it's a movie night again).

Artanis I; I bought two lots from S@H recently. An Order I submitted I received in 10 days. Another order I am waiting, it has been 15 days so far (but it has PAB in it which takes longer!), I got "shipped" notice couple of days ago so should receive it soon.

Interestingly the parcel I received before was shipped from Singapore!

Cheers,

I just remembered I still haven't received my Lego Star Wars stickers from the May 4th Legoshop promotion - has anyone else been waiting for them?

I would send them a cranky note. It worked for me!

Clearly they just never bothered sending the vast majority of these out and have been waiting for people to contact them default_hmpf.gif

Clearly they just never bothered sending the vast majority of these out and have been waiting for people to contact them default_hmpf.gif

Yeah I complained in June and they said they will send it - now it's August and nothing has arrived. This is really quite poor from Lego. I'll complain to them again.

Apologies if this is old news, but I was in Toyworld (Gympie) this morning and the lego rep also happened to be there. I asked him when the series two minifigs would be available on the shelves and he said next month (couldn't/wouldn't specify date). I don't know wether this pertains to just Gympie, Toyworld, Queensland (or some combination thereof). Interestingly, he also said Lego were planning to release a series three, four and five next year. He had no knowledge of what they may be though. Also BigW (Gympie) had a couple of the $67 Galactic Enforcer (5974) sets (I use the past tense because I bought them both :classic: ). They had some at the beginning of their July sale, but none since untill now - so it may be worthwhile checking your local BigW too. Like last time the shelf price said $117, but they scanned at $67. Cheers :classic:

Edited by Mr McGow

Apologies if this is old news, but I was in Toyworld (Gympie) this morning and the lego rep also happened to be there. I asked him when the series two minifigs would be available on the shelves and he said next month (couldn't/wouldn't specify date). I don't know wether this pertains to just Gympie, Toyworld, Queensland (or some combination thereof). Interestingly, he also said Lego were planning to release a series three, four and five next year. He had no knowledge of what they may be though. Also BigW (Gympie) had a couple of the $67 Galactic Enforcer (5974) sets (I use the past tense because I bought them both :classic: ). They had some at the beginning of their July sale, but none since untill now - so it may be worthwhile checking your local BigW too. Like last time the shelf price said $117, but they scanned at $67. Cheers :classic:

Thanks for the info. Wonder what they will have in the next series?

What you heard from the LEGO rep matches up with the "September" date I have heard from elsewhere.

I just remembered I still haven't received my Lego Star Wars stickers from the May 4th Legoshop promotion - has anyone else been waiting for them?

I haven't got mine either... cranky note time! :laugh:

I'm highly tempted to snatch a whole box of minifigs this time around if I can find one unopened or fresh, I want a set for myself and have a friend how does too, leaving another set I could either eBay, sell on here or keep :)

I'm not really interested in hording any particular minifig like some (the spartan), I just love having a good variety of minifigs and their accessories for MOCs. Plus that mariachi dude is plain awesome.

I also don't want to be stuck like I was with series 1, digging around stores checking barcodes to find a zombie to complete my collection.

Saw some Games at K-Mart today but not the Monster one with the cool heads (which is the only one I wanted). They had the Robo Attack, Minotaurus, Ramses Pyramid and Creationary. Also at Bondi Junction they had clearanced Farms ($80), Buzz's ship ($35) and TIE Defenders ($60).

Popped into Target and they had both the Cargo Train and Passenger Train at retail, so nice to see these sets out and about.

Myer hasn't restocked but still had a Cargo Train and lots of Fire Brigades floating around. Used the buy 2 get 1 free to stock up on Apple Tree Houses :sweet:

I also don't want to be stuck like I was with series 1, digging around stores checking barcodes to find a zombie to complete my collection.

Here, here. I've only ever seen them once in the wild at a Target in Chatswood, and that was only because of a tip from pedro. I spent about two hours sifting through a few boxes to get the ones I wanted which basically amounted to a few extras of the cool ones anyway, so I wasn't wildly tipping the stats. I don't think I could live through the drama of the hunt and tedium of the barcode-peering again. More power to people who get them on sale or find them in unexpected places, but I don't have retailers that close to me that it's convenient just to pop in all the time and the transport cost (and time) of going round in circles would quickly outweigh the benefit.

That said, if anyone can get me some cheerleaders do so as they were the only ones that had been cherry-picked at the Target I saw :wink:

If anyone wants a zombie, I have one that I don't want. His packet is open, as I wanted to know what I had bought. (I got him before I knew of the barcode list). I would like to swap him for a wrestler. If you don't have a wrestler, I'll let him go for what I bought him for.

If anyone in Melbourne is looking for 10197 Fire Brigade, Toyworld at Watergardens Shopping Centre had two marked down to $199.99 from $299.99.

Bryan

Though one of my sources (a Toyworld store - not saying which) the series 2 minifigs might be an exclusive to someone - clue 'Don't wanna grow up, I'm ....... kid' fill the blank.

They are also not sure of an e.t.a. on the City House - yes, it's still going to be Toyworld, but it might be available else where later in the year (from another source).

Yeah I complained in June and they said they will send it - now it's August and nothing has arrived. This is really quite poor from Lego. I'll complain to them again.

I've had the same problem with LEGO not sending the stickers and have contacted them on mutable occasions in the last couple of months about not receiving them and still have not received them after being promised them in a week’s time from the last message that I sent, still no stickers.

So after reading your post and it's been well over a week since I sent that last message I sent another last night letting them know how disappointed I was with them.

I'm waiting for their reply back but my guess is that it will be the same old garbage they have sent me apologising and telling me that they would not be able to say what has happened to them and blaming it on the mail service and that they would send me out another one. Well they’ve had three chancres to send it to me you would have thought that at least one of them should have reached me by now and to find that others haven’t received them as well it’s a bit disappointing.

I possibly wouldn’t have worried about them so much but I wanted to give them to my nephew for his birthday back in June.

Though one of my sources (a Toyworld store - not saying which) the series 2 minifigs might be an exclusive to someone - clue 'Don't wanna grow up, I'm ....... kid' fill the blank.

They are also not sure of an e.t.a. on the City House - yes, it's still going to be Toyworld, but it might be available else where later in the year (from another source).

'Don't wanna grow up, I'm Toyworld kid'

'Don't wanna grow up, I'm David Jones kid'

'Don't wanna grow up, I'm Myer kid'

'Don't wanna grow up, I'm Target kid'

'Don't wanna grow up, I'm Big W kid'

? :wacko:

'Don't wanna grow up, I'm Toyworld kid'

'Don't wanna grow up, I'm David Jones kid'

'Don't wanna grow up, I'm Myer kid'

'Don't wanna grow up, I'm Target kid'

'Don't wanna grow up, I'm Big W kid'

? :wacko:

I assume this is what he's referring to

Toys R' Us - Lyrics to US 80's commercial

"I don't wanna grow up, I'm a Toys R' Us kid. A million toys to choose from, that I can play with. From bikes to trikes and video games, its the biggest toy stor there is. GEE WIZ! I don't wanna grow up, cuz baby if I did....I wouldn't be a toys r' us kid!"

Has anyone spotted Ramses Pyramid in Adelaide? If so, where?

I’m a big fan of Reiner Knizia games, so Ramses Pyramid is on top of my LEGO-games-to-buy list. Of course, that doesn't really stop me from getting the other ones before Ramses Pyramid :-)