Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Hey Jonwil,

Which part of Aust are you in because to my amazement in South Australia (north) Kmarts have actually sold out?

People must be crazy to pay that price but they're sold.........

In the north eastern areas two Kmarts still have some stock, proving that not all people are MAD ! *huh*

Those that remain should be cheaper soon (fingers crossed), knowing how Kmart operates and maybe they'll cancel the contract again like they did with last years SW exclusive and hence that set has become more available at different retailers (and at a fairer price too) !

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Edited by lightningtiger

I think that hewman was refering to City Truck 3221 I think that its still only avalable at s@h have not seen it in stores yet but it could be a Toys R Us suprise for the sale?

3221-1.jpg

The 3221 truck is out now in stores. At least 1 that i know of :)

Steve

Which store has the yellow LEGO truck in it?

My store does

I got the delivery today.

My store does

I got the delivery today.

All you need is your own set of stickers saying Lay-go and you'll have your own exclusive. Thanks for letting us know it's in the country, I don't know of anyone spotting it until now.

Also for those in Adelaide, collectible figs are still in Adelaide toyworld, however, they've jacked up the price to $4.99 and there was almost a full box there to buy. With the more interesting second wave due to hit shelves next month, I think I'll wait until then. Might be a good time to check out the newly opened store south of Adelaide with the new Lego truck.

Saw 8097 Slave I in Kmart for $144. Also saw 8093 Plo Koon's Starfighter, 8095 General Grievous Starfighter & 8096 Emperor Palpatine's Shuttle. This is the Kmart in Ballarat so I would assume that other Kmarts in Victoria have also got these sets on the shelves.

Bryan

Edited by bjboyle

Does that mean I have to visit the Port Markets on Sunday ? :grin:

You can come for a visit for sure.... do I need to bring a truck with me? LOL

All you need is your own set of stickers saying Lay-go and you'll have your own exclusive. Thanks for letting us know it's in the country, I don't know of anyone spotting it until now.

Also for those in Adelaide, collectible figs are still in Adelaide toyworld, however, they've jacked up the price to $4.99 and there was almost a full box there to buy. With the more interesting second wave due to hit shelves next month, I think I'll wait until then. Might be a good time to check out the newly opened store south of Adelaide with the new Lego truck.

Thats a great idea a Laygo exclusive truck. Im gunna do that even if it is only for my own personal collection.

I was shocked when i got my delivery in today and i got the trucks. I wasnt expecting them until at least next month.

Steve

Saw 8097 Slave I in Kmart for $144. Also saw 8093 Plo Koon's Starfighter, 8095 General Grievous Starfighter & 8096 Emperor Palpatine's Shuttle. This is the Kmart in Ballarat so I would assume that other Kmarts in Victoria have also got these sets on the shelves.

Bryan

Oh, goodie.......another big layby comming up for me ! :grin:

Has anyone else spied these sets at Kmart near them ?

P.S. To Laygo, that depends on price and also if I have the cash ! :grin:

G'day everyone, just quickly BTTW are quoting 2nd of August that the City fire and train sets will be available, so to the yellow Lego semi-trailer ! :grin:

I'm a conformist! !

Saw 8097 Slave I in Kmart for $144. Also saw 8093 Plo Koon's Starfighter, 8095 General Grievous Starfighter & 8096 Emperor Palpatine's Shuttle. This is the Kmart in Ballarat so I would assume that other Kmarts in Victoria have also got these sets on the shelves

Thanks for the news! If anyone sees them in NSW/ Sydney please let us know.

I noticed Target have the Clone Turbo Tank (@$190?) in that toy sale catalogue starting tomorrow (amongst other things obviously). I heard Toyworld are stocking Kingdoms sets earlier than the advertised release of SEPTEMBER (hurry up!). Is this true? Pity they aren't in Target... I want to buy the castle. On sale. (and not from shop@home with the $700000 postage price)

I noticed Target have the Clone Turbo Tank (@$190?) in that toy sale catalogue starting tomorrow (amongst other things obviously). I heard Toyworld are stocking Kingdoms sets earlier than the advertised release of SEPTEMBER (hurry up!). Is this true? Pity they aren't in Target... I want to buy the castle. On sale. (and not from shop@home with the $700000 postage price)

Yeah Kingdoms sets (excluding impulses) have been available in Adelaide toyworld for a few weeks now. It might pay to ring around a few stores.

Yeah Kingdoms sets (excluding impulses) have been available in Adelaide toyworld for a few weeks now. It might pay to ring around a few stores.

Hahaha there's only 1 of them within 100km...

Hahaha there's only 1 of them within 100km...

What's wrong with 100km's ?

I sometimes go to the Barossa Valley to their Toyworld to buy Lego ! :laugh:

In the north eastern areas two Kmarts still have some stock, proving that not all people are MAD ! *huh*

Those that remain should be cheaper soon (fingers crossed), knowing how Kmart operates and maybe they'll cancel the contract again like they did with last years SW exclusive and hence that set has become more available at different retailers (and at a fairer price too) !

Well, remember that plenty (like me) put the thing on Lay-buy meaning we haven't entirely caved into the price. From Kmart's point of view however, it's already a guaranteed sale so they'd have less incentive to drop the price like they did with the AT-OT/Dropship.

Thanks for the Heads up. That's kinda.. horrible pricing to be honest. The last Slave 1 had like 90% parts overlap with this and I remember it being $90-100. Oh well, definite sale wait for me then.

Will definitely be grabbing the CTT tomorrow at Target for $190 (down from $240+) I think it's the best price I'm ever going to see it at.

I don't suppose anybody popped into Target late tonight to see if they'd snuck anything interesting onto the shelves? I meant to but totally forgot the sale starts tomorrow :thumbdown:

I don't suppose anybody popped into Target late tonight to see if they'd snuck anything interesting onto the shelves? I meant to but totally forgot the sale starts tomorrow :thumbdown:

Not all Targets are openning at 12.01am, so I just be popping in early morning after 7am to see if they haven't got something other than World Racers and that dam CTT ! Please Cad Bane Speeder - it's meant to be in August......well the sale finishes in August !

NEWS FLASH........

LEGO STAR WARS HAVE LANDED AT SA KMART STORES............(at least at Ingle Farm they have)

including...........wait for it.......CTT. :wacko:

Yes, the CTT......the Target exclusive which is not so exclusive if it's at Kmart as well (retails at 220 buck at Kmart) !

So the sets reported by 'bjboyle' the other day at Ballarat are also at IF as well, 99 bucks can get you either 8095 General Grievous Starfighter or 8096 Emperor Palpatine's Shuttle.

Hahahah! Target will be annoyed.

That means when K-Mart does have a 20% off it will be cheaper there ($176).

I hope my local has the other sets in stock soon :sweet:

What's wrong with 100km's ?

I sometimes go to the Barossa Valley to their Toyworld to buy Lego ! :laugh:

There's this thing called "petrol" and this other thing called "petrol price" and this other thing called "work" and this other thing called "work in the morning" limiting the frequency for trips of that distance quite considerably.

Will definitely be grabbing the CTT tomorrow at Target for $190 (down from $240+) I think it's the best price I'm ever going to see it at.

I've just gotta keep reminding myself that @$200 is not an appropriate price for 1 minifig... since that is what I'd be buying it for.

Hahahah! Target will be annoyed.

That means when K-Mart does have a 20% off it will be cheaper there ($176).

I hope my local has the other sets in stock soon :sweet:

Ah i thought as the CTT was already reduced they wouldn't do the 20% off.

I am surprised by this, kmart has the new sets but S@H doesn't.

BTW S@H has up photos of Obi Wan Kinobi's jedi fighter and it looks like its EP2 not CW.

With a 72 (74? can't remember) page toy catalogue and only 1 page with Lego, I should not be optimistic about the range available. I was right, Target had bugger-all Lego. Plenty of CTTs and other cool sets, but not much in the way of "old" (ie 2009 or before) sets. If any. Myer's Lego selection was back to its usual crapness too, and K Mart & the other places have nothing I'm after. So I went to Toyworld where everything is full price, but at least they have the new Kingdoms sets.

So I bought the castle at full price. And witnessed non-physical road rage from an old lady, barking at some Asian students wanting to do a reverse park. So traffic was banked up in one lane because she hadn't given them enough room to pull in, and was adamant they couldn't park there, "read the sign: taxi zone". She was wrong: for starters, the arrow was pointing to the other side of the sign and secondly, the time on the sign said 10PM-6AM anyway.

And yes, I did get involved haha. After telling her they could park there she said "yes, well he's pushing it"?! What kind of dumb statement is that? They'd tried, but the gap was too small so after a few minutes' stand-off they gave up (and she wasn't moving out of the way).

With a 72 (74? can't remember) page toy catalogue and only 1 page with Lego, I should not be optimistic about the range available. I was right, Target had bugger-all Lego. Plenty of CTTs and other cool sets, but not much in the way of "old" (ie 2009 or before) sets. If any. Myer's Lego selection was back to its usual crapness too, and K Mart & the other places have nothing I'm after. So I went to Toyworld where everything is full price, but at least they have the new Kingdoms sets.

So I bought the castle at full price. And witnessed non-physical road rage from an old lady, barking at some Asian students wanting to do a reverse park. So traffic was banked up in one lane because she hadn't given them enough room to pull in, and was adamant they couldn't park there, "read the sign: taxi zone". She was wrong: for starters, the arrow was pointing to the other side of the sign and secondly, the time on the sign said 10PM-6AM anyway.

And yes, I did get involved haha. After telling her they could park there she said "yes, well he's pushing it"?! What kind of dumb statement is that? They'd tried, but the gap was too small so after a few minutes' stand-off they gave up (and she wasn't moving out of the way).

Good on you for getting involved! And agreed, the LEGO part of Target's toy sale was a sobering experience. Big W was really the place to be IMO. I'm sure you'll enjoy your castle, though :-)