Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

On a much brighter note, I can confirm that Big W does indeed have a few really good sets silently reduced with no advertising (at least in my local store) which will certainly be discovered during the big Toy Sale rush tomorrow, so if your local store is still open and you want one of these sets, go in and get it right now!

5974 Space Police Galactic Enforcer - RRP $149.99 is now $67.00

Good luck!

The Gympie (Qld) Big W had set 5974 for $67 too. Likewise, there was also no advertising - the shelf price ticket said $117. When scanned though it said $67. Was visting my parents up there, so don't know if my local one (Mooloolaba) is the same.

For those chasing 7936 Level Crossing I asked at Myer Perth CBD today and was told:

* Myer are expecting them, don't know when but should be soon

* The barcode scanned in the system (from the barcode in the store copy retailer lego catalogue)

* They will be ~$23 on sale (good price even if just for the straight track)

-Noodles

Melbourne CBD Big W have reduced their Lego prices already.

Picked up a landspeeder just then!

Also - tractor and piggies seem to have sold out...

Edited by Mainee

Melbourne CBD have reduced their Lego prices already.

Picked up a landspeeder just then!

Interesting news Mainee!

Is this a price matching big W price or a general price reduction on Lego?

Interesting news Mainee!

Is this a price matching big W price or a general price reduction on Lego?

Sorry - should clarify that this is in response to the Toy Sale catalogue reductions that are due to start tomorrow.

7747 City Wind Turbine Transport - RRP $79.99 is now $29.62

Now how long will it take to sell out of these, and then how long before they appear on Ebay ? :laugh:

I think midnight is out for me, but first thing in the morning i.e. 6am yeah I can handle that. But dam I'll bet you can't layby it at 29 bucks - oh well !

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Now how long will it take to sell out of these, and then how long before they appear on Ebay ? :laugh:

I think midnight is out for me, but first thing in the morning i.e. 6am yeah I can handle that. But dam I'll bet you can't layby it at 29 bucks - oh well !

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

But LT, you can pick one up for me and I'll give you $30 cash, that's right, a 68 cent tip! Good luck at the 6 am sales, mate.

But LT, you can pick one up for me and I'll give you $30 cash, that's right, a 68 cent tip! Good luck at the 6 am sales, mate.

Only if a get a loan from my wife :devil: - I've at the moment have just got enough to put some layby's on at Kmart and BigW. Dam this EOFY - people don't wanna have their tv's fixed ! :hmpf_bad:

Aw well, I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Oh, bummer, that sucks! I'm on the Gold Coast, and while I was there picking myself up a Galactic Enforcer and there was another guy who's 20 and he got one too, good to see more new AFOLs around the place :)

So there was one Galactic Enforcer left when I bought mine today.

I visited Big W Forest Hill (Melbourne) today - they didn't even have any SP3 sets left :( Wasn't able to check if anything else was going for clearance.

Just rang BigW Golden Grove, they are not doing any clearance lines at the moment, I think it's depending on actual store in question if they are or are not clearing stuff out during the toy sale.

On another note, Toy Corner are continuing their 15% sale till at least next Tuesday I have been informed this afternoon.

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

For those chasing 7936 Level Crossing I asked at Myer Perth CBD today and was told:

* Myer are expecting them, don't know when but should be soon

* The barcode scanned in the system (from the barcode in the store copy retailer lego catalogue)

* They will be ~$23 on sale (good price even if just for the straight track)

-Noodles

Myer Brisbane CBD got them in stock today and I could not resist and bought it.

$29.99 normal price, so currently $23.95 with the 20% off.

Will build it later and add it to my cargo train setup.

Myer Brisbane CBD got them in stock today and I could not resist and bought it.

$29.99 normal price, so currently $23.95 with the 20% off.

Will build it later and add it to my cargo train setup.

I rang Melbourne - yeah I know I live in Adelaide, but the Melbourne store carries the most Lego in all the Myer chain. They are calling me back hopefully tomorrow to tell me when they will get them and hopefully the Adelaide stores too !

Odd this set is not meant to be out until August, why were they held backed from Myer and does that mean Toyworld might have them as well since they got the passenger train ?

So what's with the lay-bys during the toy sale, I assume they all doing Xmas lay-by, what about no deposit?.

Odd this set is not meant to be out until August, why were they held backed from Myer and does that mean Toyworld might have them as well since they got the passenger train ?

According to the retailers catalogue all the train sets are not meant to be out until August.

-Noodles

Just rang BigW Golden Grove, they are not doing any clearance lines at the moment, I think it's depending on actual store in question if they are or are not clearing stuff out during the toy sale.

On another note, Toy Corner are continuing their 15% sale till at least next Tuesday I have been informed this afternoon.

Lightningtiger,

I think your wrong................

Im in Adelaide and I just picked up the following clearance sets from BigW, so it's not just state or store related!

SP3 Container Heist $22.88

SW Y-Wing = $44.88

SW Venator = $129.00

Millennium Falcon = $29.63

Agents 4 Wheled Persuit = $25.00

Agents 4 Robo Attack = $40.00

Get them whilst they last people

I can confirm that k-mart had the cheap prices tonight (although this is probably only helpful to those in Perth). My apologies for not remembering the name of the member that pointed this out.

In other news, I was on my way to toys r us to get a $70 temple of doom and stopped at dymocks and found the minifigure sticker book, it's way bigger than I thought it would be plus there are plenty of very cool small stickers which will be great to use for the toy shop that comes with the toys r us truck if like me you don't want to be advertising toys r us with your lego.

Oh the book was $18.

Edited by hewman

I can confirm that k-mart had the cheap prices tonight (although this is probably only helpful to those in Perth).

Wont matter since all K-Mart stores in Perth are closed at 6pm on a Wednesday (thankfully our politicians have finally agreed to allow extended trading to 9pm on weeknights once the new laws are passed)

I bet when I get to BigW tomorrow they wont have any left and they will show up on ebay

I want an enforcer, anyone in brissy see one, can msg me???

Oh and I meant to ask this the other day, is there a Brisbane Lug anywhere??

Lightningtiger,

I think your wrong................

Im in Adelaide and I just picked up the following clearance sets from BigW, so it's not just state or store related!

SP3 Container Heist $22.88

SW Y-Wing = $44.88

SW Venator = $129.00

Millennium Falcon = $29.63

Agents 4 Wheled Persuit = $25.00

Agents 4 Robo Attack = $40.00

Get them whilst they last people

Well, that's odd because the girl I spoke to checked with the store manager - well he must be wrong then !

And the CW Y-wing for under 50 bucks - dam it I'm not going to have enough dollars to go round ! :wacko:

Ah well, Kmart for me I think 6.15am sounds right !

Since BIGw seems to be doing mega clearance on their old lines, does anyone know what the upcoming new releases @BIGw will be? .After the toy sale I mean ( by the way went to two big w today both sold out of piggys and speeders) The local assistants seemed uncertain if more stock expected.

Allow me to join the chorus but these midyear sales are shaping up to be pretty blah.

PS told by two independent toy shops they are expecting minifigs late august/sept. Both were uncertain if series one or two....

If anyone in Victoria comes across the Enforcer or the Star Wars Venerator in Bib W, please PM me.

Would really like to get these sets at the clearance prices if possible!

Wont matter since all K-Mart stores in Perth are closed at 6pm on a Wednesday (thankfully our politicians have finally agreed to allow extended trading to 9pm on weeknights once the new laws are passed)

Come on WA get with the times haha, we introduced "open slather" trading 10 years ago... local K-Mart is 24 hours, so I imagine the sale started at midnight?

I managed to time my trip home last night to pass by Big W Canberra Centre right at midnight. Pretty pisspoor selection they had though. Nothing on clearance, only stuff that was in the catalogue. No Pig farms at all, no helicopter limo's. They cant have sold out cause I was there when the door went up and reached the lego section before anyone else. Hopefully they've got a late shipment coming in to restock the shelves.

I managed to time my trip home last night to pass by Big W Canberra Centre right at midnight. Pretty pisspoor selection they had though. Nothing on clearance, only stuff that was in the catalogue. No Pig farms at all, no helicopter limo's. They cant have sold out cause I was there when the door went up and reached the lego section before anyone else. Hopefully they've got a late shipment coming in to restock the shelves.

I'm starting to think all these clearance sales people are coming across are only applicable in WA and Queensland (actually, everywhere else except Victoria), because I've had zero luck here in Melbourne.

Edited by Tony Almeida

I'm starting to think all these clearance sales people are coming across are only applicable in WA and Queensland (actually, everywhere else except Victoria), because I've had zero luck here in Melbourne.

Hey Tony

Have you actually managed to come across any of these sets in your travels. I've been to a few Big W's - but haven't even seen any of the clearance sets ....