Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Got the last Freight Train set from Myer over the weekend; it's a great set too! The train effectively more powerful than the last ones. Annoyingly Emerald Night doesn't seem to like running from AAAs; there goes that idea! :tongue:

My local K-Mart has oodles of the Tantive IV... and they can keep them at that price!

Dunno if anyone else has noticed the Toy Story train in the Big W catalogue advertised at $114. Catalogue says "save $10" but its $159 on Shop @ home. Might be a good pickup if they've stuffed up.

No, that's probably because that's the discount you're getting off the regular price. Places like Big W generally sell their stuff considerably lower than the RRP.

No, that's probably because that's the discount you're getting off the regular price. Places like Big W generally sell their stuff considerably lower than the RRP.

Do they? My local Big W had the Toy Story train at $159 last week.

I bought myself a beutiful Emerald Night from Myer on Friday fopr the bargain price of $107.10 (20% off + further MyerOne 10% off). Built it over the weekend. I love it!

It is unpowered as the PF pack is *very* expensive. Next is to make some sort of display.

Thankyou Myer sales! I never would have got it otherwise.

-Noodles

Popped into BigW TTP this morning - they had stacks of city tractor and Luke's landspeeder, but I forgot to check the price of the said speeder to see if now at that price or not !

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

The landspeeder was $42, I picked one up yesterday which I'm pretty happy with. I tried to pick up a Transformers Starscream for the same price as the Optimus too but... no dice. Their catalogue should be coming out around now.

Not sure if anyone's mentioned it, but apparently the Target toy sale catalogue goes online Wednesday (or so I've been told)...

Just noticed that www.lasoo.com.au now has kmart and some TRU catalogue listings. No target (yet?). But it is handy to compare sale prices.

Do they? My local Big W had the Toy Story train at $159 last week.

I went to Big W Eastland yesterday and they had the Police Headquarters for $87.88 ($139.99RRP), which had a big tag indicating an "everyday low price". From personal experience, the sets that don't receive such big discounts are usually sold for (at least) a few dollars less than the RRP.

The landspeeder was $42, I picked one up yesterday which I'm pretty happy with. I tried to pick up a Transformers Starscream for the same price as the Optimus too but... no dice. Their catalogue should be coming out around now.

The catalogue for the toy sale actually came out online a few days ago, and had the Landspeeder advertised for about $34.

I wonder if K-Mart getting a SW exclusive if any other retailers are getting an early release?

according to the kmart toy sale leaflet i got, the Hoth wampa cave set is only at kamrt.

For whoever was after the SP3 K-9 impulse, my local Target had a whole new rack of the current impulse sets out today, including heaps of the k-9s.

according to the kmart toy sale leaflet i got, the Hoth wampa cave set is only at kamrt.

I think it's a short term exclusive. Because other places such as toyworld list it as coming in August. It will be interesting to see how it sells, given I have 3 snowspeeders already I can't justify just to get a wampa for $69 (although I suspect there are plenty of star wars fans willing to pay this much), and I expect kids will be more into clone wars.

I did a quick count and Adelaide toys r us had 19 temple of doom sets ready for the "half" price sale on Wednesday.

For whoever was after the SP3 K-9 impulse, my local Target had a whole new rack of the current impulse sets out today, including heaps of the k-9s.

Probably me, and yes, that's where I found them on Friday! Never seen them in Target before. Thanks anyway!

G'day everyone, Target have now got stock of.......WORLD RACERS !

But starting from 18 buck ranging upto 170 bucks, it's a bit much ! :wacko:

I'm a conformist! !

:sweet:

TRU Catalog now has prices. Sadly it still only has the same 7 Lego sets advertised and mentions nothing about a store wide discount, so I'm guessing the only way to see if any other sets are worth getting will be to go in-store once the sale starts.

TRU Catalog now has prices.

Yep, just had a look for myself, two words..........BIG DEAL ! :wacko:

On another note I saw Wampa Attack at Kmart TTP this morning, but no blockade runners though !

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Anyone know who and when the AT-AT, slave 1, or pals shuttle will be out, im guessing the UCS imperial shuttle might be and exclusive.

The AT-AT is a TRU excluisve, the other two is anyone's guess, but I don't believe for a minute that the CTT and World Racers be the only special releases for the Target Toy Sale - maybe some other items might pop up before July 22.

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Yep, just had a look for myself, two words..........BIG DEAL ! :wacko:

On another note I saw Wampa Attack at Kmart TTP this morning, but no blockade runners though !

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

I looked at K-mart Firle last night, no wampas or Tantive IVs, although plenty of most of the other sets advertised except the xxl brick box (the only set I was thinking of getting). No midnight sale but store opens 6 am Thursday for those that want to get their hands on a RRP Tantive IV.

Anyone know who and when the AT-AT, slave 1, or pals shuttle will be out, im guessing the UCS imperial shuttle might be and exclusive.

15th of August is the date listed for toyworld for all except the exclusive Imperial shuttle and AT-AT that lightningtiger mentioned.

Edited by hewman

My local Big W has a couple of sets on clearance.

Picked up these two today

Lego City Harvester 7636 $47.68 down to $23.72

Space Police Galactic Enforcer 5974 $117 down to $67

I could only see one other Star Wars set on clearance, it was about $50.00 off but can't remember the set, it was still quite pricey.

This is at Winston Hills in Sydney.

My local Big W has a couple of sets on clearance.

Picked up these two today

Lego City Harvester 7636 $47.68 down to $23.72

Space Police Galactic Enforcer 5974 $117 down to $67

I could only see one other Star Wars set on clearance, it was about $50.00 off but can't remember the set, it was still quite pricey.

This is at Winston Hills in Sydney.

Great finds, I am very envious that you got a Galactic Enforcer for so cheap!

Just got the lego club mail, if you spend 70 bucks at Totally Rips U-off between June 8 and 30th you get a free silver storm trooper.

A sci fi poster, one side space police, some small cop thing cashing some thing with eyes on the side, the other droid tri fighters fighting ARC 170s.

You get a chance to play the new lego games, and win sets.

The small mag, has a little toy story comic, and TS maze game, and interview with a builder, showing off a full size lego Volvo (that is just wrong), a Venator thats got to be at least 6 feet long, how to build a lego koala.a link to make your own skeeball game.

Then there is a thicker mag, shows off some of the new games, nice spread of all the current and coming star wars sets, digging the new Boba, and Han carbonite, why the heck put flick fire on slave one and in the front, face palm, not feeling Anakin in palps shuttle, like the shuttle though, love the baby walker in the CTT, and Bane, Aayla looks ok for a first try.

Hmm even though kmart said in the main the wampa was exclusive, the mag shows its not.

Damn the AT-AT is an exclusive, so is lukes speeder, damn no way even the mid ISD is, oh man hell even Banes speeder.

God damn you tlg stop with exclusives.

I hope when LA lets lego renew the deal they make them stop doing exclusives.

Just got the lego club mail, if you spend 70 bucks at Totally Rips U-off between June 8 and 30th you get a free silver storm trooper.

I got the magazine today as well. Wondering if this is meant to be "July" seeing that it is 30 June tomorrow. Nevermind - I think it is June ....

Would definitely love to get my hands on one of these - too bad Toys R Us is just too expensive ....

Edited by Mainee

Got the toyworld cat yesterday, free toy story green alien promo set with purchase of select 3 toy story sets

Problem is prices of those sets are ridiculous when compared to other places sale prices

I got the magazine today as well. Wondering if this is meant to be "July" seeing that it is 30 June tomorrow. Nevermind - I think it is June ....

Would definitely love to get my hands on one of these - too bad Toys R Us is just too expensive ....

Oh that stupid, send it out now the day before it ends.

im guessing the UCS imperial shuttle might be and exclusive.

Don't expect the UCS shuttle to show up in retail till 6 months after the release on S@H. Thats how the exclusive adult sets are sold in chains other than Lego stores.

... except the xxl brick box (the only set I was thinking of getting).

Let me know buddy, I picked one up and its scanning for 89, but they had at least 8 at one of my three local Kmarts, so I could surely get you one.

No luck in my Kmart for marked down/reduced to clear Toy Story sets yet though :thumbdown: