Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Did you happen to see what sets?

8077 was 54.95 and 8075 was 59.

Also woodys roundup is down to 70.

They are in the clearance area so yes you get an additional 30% off those prices!

Just out of interest, for those who have ordered from B&N recently, how long has it taken them to ship to you? It's been a bit over 3 weeks now since they said they'd posted my order and it hasn't arrived yet. :sad: Should i be concerned, or just (more) patient?

*sigh* I just want my PQ sets!

Just out of interest, for those who have ordered from B&N recently, how long has it taken them to ship to you? It's been a bit over 3 weeks now since they said they'd posted my order and it hasn't arrived yet. :sad: Should i be concerned, or just (more) patient?

*sigh* I just want my PQ sets!

I chose the middle range cost shipping option and mine have all arrived this week. The latest I think I bought on the 12th arrived today. If you chose the standard option I think there's every chance you'll have them next week. They are sweet sets. I haven't noticed the flying mummy available there, has it not appeared or just sold out quickly (any idea anyone?).

Also, they ship in huge boxes with air bags, the boxes came in pretty good condition which was nice. Also their price stickers come off easily (no security feature), unlike some of our stores here, I'm looking at you Myer and DJs!

I chose the middle range cost shipping option and mine have all arrived this week. The latest I think I bought on the 12th arrived today. If you chose the standard option I think there's every chance you'll have them next week. They are sweet sets. I haven't noticed the flying mummy available there, has it not appeared or just sold out quickly (any idea anyone?).

Also, they ship in huge boxes with air bags, the boxes came in pretty good condition which was nice. Also their price stickers come off easily (no security feature), unlike some of our stores here, I'm looking at you Myer and DJs!

I ordered from them too around 3 weeks ago and still haven't got anything, they only had one option for shipping that I remember so hopefully next week.

I ordered from them too around 3 weeks ago and still haven't got anything, they only had one option for shipping that I remember so hopefully next week.

The check out procedure goes through the shipping options without hardly being noticed, and before you even realise there might be options, you're at the confirm payment stage. The default is to go the slow/cheap shipping, so I reckon next week will be a good bet. If you got Pharaoh's Quest sets, they're well worth the wait. The delayed release of these sets will really hurt the retailers here, because not only can we get them cheaper elsewhere but months earlier, but I digress.

Ah, cool, thanks for the info! I did choose the cheapest option. Man, i can't wait! Patience was never my strong suit. :laugh:

The only PQ set B&N didn't have was the Flying Mummy Attack, i ended up ordering that from BL for $25. Mind you, the availability of stock at B&N seems to change quite frequently, so i'd check back if yr still looking for it. I'm waiting to see if they will get in the Temple of Atlantis set, i'd love to pick up that cheaply. :classic:

Ah, cool, thanks for the info! I did choose the cheapest option. Man, i can't wait! Patience was never my strong suit. :laugh:

The only PQ set B&N didn't have was the Flying Mummy Attack, i ended up ordering that from BL for $25. Mind you, the availability of stock at B&N seems to change quite frequently, so i'd check back if yr still looking for it. I'm waiting to see if they will get in the Temple of Atlantis set, i'd love to pick up that cheaply. :classic:

I just opened my Pyramid set (delivered to my parents' place today). Although it had plenty of airbags, they were all deflated and they used a box from lego which originally contained 2 of the pyramid sets, so it ended up getting bashed around a bit.

With the Atlantis temple set (I couldn't resist it at 20% off when it first came out here) it won't be out in the US until mid-year and if you can find another sale like Myer had the other week with 20% off and another 10% for myer one members, that's about the same price as getting it from the US and you don't have to wait and you get a nice mint box. Personally I don't regret paying $119 (not $119.99) less 20% from Target a while ago. They have the same sale now and I'd say the extra $10 in cost is way better than the hassle with waiting many months and ordering from B&N.

With the Atlantis temple set (I couldn't resist it at 20% off when it first came out here) it won't be out in the US until mid-year and if you can find another sale like Myer had the other week with 20% off and another 10% for myer one members, that's about the same price as getting it from the US and you don't have to wait and you get a nice mint box. Personally I don't regret paying $119 (not $119.99) less 20% from Target a while ago. They have the same sale now and I'd say the extra $10 in cost is way better than the hassle with waiting many months and ordering from B&N.

Yes, Targets 20% off sale is a terrible temptation! :look: But i really pushed out the boat with my Lego budget last month, so i have to be a little more frugal for a while. I guess if i have to wait until the middle of the year (and that's a first surely, Aus getting sets before the US??) i'll have time to save up for a few of the bigger sets like the Atlantis temple.

Have fun putting yr Pyramid together btw! It looks like such a beautiful set. :sweet:

Edited by gabe

I have ordered from B&N about a dozen times now. Almost always receive my order in a month, give or take a couple of days. As far as shipping goes I just wanted to point out the shipping methods as I understand them. From what I can tell the cheapest and second cheapest option are virtually the same and IMO its not worth choosing the "priority" option. The only difference (other than price) is that with the second option the package is sent to Australia via airmail the same as the cheap option, but supposedly gets distributed as priority mail once it arrives in Australia. Considering this is the smallest part of its trip I don't think it is worth the extra money at all. Before I realised this I placed two orders around the same time, for one I chose the regular airmail option, for the other I chose the "priority" option. The regular airmail package arrived a week before the "priority" one and the priority one was not marked express or anything so I highly doubt it was distributed as express post once it was in Aus anyway! The most expensive option however does seem to be much quicker if you are willing to pay the extra money. Just my two cents...

I used the cheapest shipping method from B&N and my Scorpion Pyramid arrived here on Wednesday after being dispatched on 15/2.

It really is a shame if these sets aren't released here as they are gorgeous and the play features on the Pyramid are great, although every time my son blows out the wall leading to the coffin with dynamite I can't help myself but say "You call this archeology?" to him in my best Sean Connery impersonation. :laugh:

So how come no one's mentioned the Toys'R'Us catalogue? Yet alone started Salivating over the Public Transport price.............

Lego City Police Boat $39.99

Lego City Police Helicopter $47.99

Lego City Police Station $99.99

Lego City Public Transport $109.99

Lego Toys Story Woodys Round Up $59.99 (Crappy Discount)

because it must have only came online today, i check Lasso every day and it wasnt up yesterday... good to know thanks :grin:

So how come no one's mentioned the Toys'R'Us catalogue? Yet alone started Salivating over the Public Transport price.............

Because they were lazy like me and saw no mention of lego on the front page of the catalogue and didn't bother to look any further (yet for some reason I was staring at the pic of Barbie and Ken back together)? Thanks for bringing it to our attention though. That price for the city exclusive is rather tempting even to a guy like me that is dead broke and doesn't collect city.

That deal on the public transport is GREAT. Of course that assumes there is a TRU that still has any stock left...

Spotted at Myer today - 2 guys who bought two heaped shoppingtrolleyfulls worth of assorted City & SW sets. Woulda been about a grand's worth of lego per trolley. I asked if they were on clearance or something, they said "Yeah, it's all 20% off!!!". Good for them.

So, this 20% off thing at Myer has been going on for a while now, I hope this becomes more the norm..

Got a Toys R Us email saying that if you show up Tuesday morning, you can get sale items early, but only for that morning. Hmm... :wink:

Catch of the Day has the SW Clone Turbo Tank for $120 + $7postage.

Seems to me that Lego have thousands of these sets in the warehouse, this is the third time

it's been offered at 50% off through three different companies.

Perhaps Lego.com could learn that setting a ridiculous $249 Australian RRP isn't such a good

selling price when you could order the CTT from the US delivered for $92 Australian.

For those who don't have the CTT, I doubt the price is going to get any cheaper then $120.

It may also be on it's way out, which means those E-Bay sellers will be charging high premiums

for the set, they're probably buying them from Catch of the Day right now.

Any Pizza Planet Trucks left at Target are selling for $28 on the last day of their sale.

Any green baseplates left go for $6.40

Because there's no frakkin' stock! At least not in WA, just went to the Innaloo store, shelves were bare. Got the girl to ring Cannington and Morley for me, nothing.

The eBay prices seem to be insanely inflated for this one because of it's rarity. Any insider information on sourcing these? Looks like I should have tried to get it at RRP when they first hit shelves. Not happy Jan!

Because there's no frakkin' stock! At least not in WA, just went to the Innaloo store, shelves were bare. Got the girl to ring Cannington and Morley for me, nothing.

The eBay prices seem to be insanely inflated for this one because of it's rarity. Any insider information on sourcing these? Looks like I should have tried to get it at RRP when they first hit shelves. Not happy Jan!

Did you check the Joondalup store?

Did you check the Joondalup store?

Yep, zilch!

Great catalogue TRU, get our hopes up on a store exclusive and then have absolutely no stock. I hate you guys so much.

I was expecting a lack of stock from TRU too, but there were four on the shelf at my local (Knox). There wasn't a sale sticker on it though, might have been the reason.

When is the sale supposed to start? On the website, it says it starts on March 10 (based on WA postcode), but the catalogue image says today! :wacko: