Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Haven't seen it mentioned but David Jones has a sale on right now.

I was also surprised no one here mentioned the one day only 25% off all LEGO sale David Jones had at the beginning of the week.

Missing notice of it didn't affect me too much as I live a long way out of David Jones land (and had already bought my Grand Emporium while in the city six weeks ago), but it would be nice to think this thread had all the sales!

Also, it looks like the good catalogue price on Cargo Trains has driven them out of stock.

I was also surprised no one here mentioned the one day only 25% off all LEGO sale David Jones had at the beginning of the week.

Drat, where did you find out about this? It wasn't reported on any site I read which consolidates AU sales!

Note that this year (unlike last year) those of us in the west should get the same 5pm to 9pm hours as everyone else (since our laws recently changed to allow this)

For anyone on the fence about buying the Grand Emporium, BUY IT. I just finished assembling mine and it is the BEST set I have bought in years, beating both the Town Plan and the Emerald Night.

^Hmm Green Grocer is still my favourite modular

Also apparently the Myer 15% discount mentioned on the previous page is valid for myer one members as well, but only today!

Was just at DJ's Bondi Junction where they had 6 Grand Emporium's left. They also have one cargo train @$139 if anyone is looking, it was hidden behind a bunch of Airports.

Was just at DJ's Bondi Junction where they had 6 Grand Emporium's left. They also have one cargo train @$139 if anyone is looking, it was hidden behind a bunch of Airports.

7939 Cargo Train for $139?! That sounds too good to be true. That would be more than half-price! Nevertheless, I'll be checking that out.

Saw a bunch of Imperial Flagships at Myer Cannington (4, at least) on Friday. Perhaps dug them out of a warehouse somewhere?

Edited by slopemodified

Missing notice of it didn't affect me too much as I live a long way out of David Jones land (and had already bought my Grand Emporium while in the city six weeks ago), but it would be nice to think this thread had all the sales!

Also, it looks like the good catalogue price on Cargo Trains has driven them out of stock.

i can't believe i missed this! i knew that DJs would be having a one day sale. i mentioned this in a previous post about a month ago. i've monitored everything and can't believe this escaped my attention.

last year DJs had 20% off all toys December 10-13. we can speculate and hope that a similar event will take place next month.

Can anyone confirm the myer sale on Tuesday and whether we can lay by? Can't seem to spot anything on their site

They sent an email to all Myerone card holders, Here is the link to the QLD file from the myer website. here Doesn't say anything about laybys.

Edited by Inner Child Go!

Saw a bunch of Imperial Flagships at Myer Cannington (4, at least) on Friday. Perhaps dug them out of a warehouse somewhere?

I called Myer customer service back in July and the person I spoke to said they were possibly getting more Imperial Flagships before Christmas.

The person I spoke to however was just regular floor staff, but it can't hurt ask your local Myer if they're getting more in. It could well be true.

Here's one im throwing out to the whole community, K-Mart do have a few well priced Lego sets......

But who can remember when the last time K-Mart has a 20% off sale?

Here's one im throwing out to the whole community, K-Mart do have a few well priced Lego sets......

But who can remember when the last time K-Mart has a 20% off sale?

I don't think kmart have had a % off sale since the Westfarmers takeover.

Interesting that Target do and they are under Westfarmers too but compete against Myer.

Kmart seem to compete against BigW and they dint do % off sales.

That's how I see it anyway.

25% off at myer from 5 pm

What happened when Westfarmers took over is that K-Mart shifted focus.

The focus is now on lower everyday prices rather than on blanket % off sales although they do seem to be good for clearence prices if you can actually find stock :)

K-mart should be called Little-K, because of the lack of product range in the whole store...like no TV's, stuff all D-I-Y.....we should only worry when they don't keep the Lego shelves stocked.

Speaking of which, the Tantive IV is still 229 bucks no lower yet, it should come down shortly.....fingers crossed.

Keep on wishing for 2011. :classic:

TRU has some Harry Potter lego on sale

The Burrow $74.99

Hogwarts Express $94.87

Hagrid's Hut $59.99

Hogwarts Castle $134.87

Starting tomorrow (24th) Woody's Roundup is $69.87

TRU has some Harry Potter lego on sale

The Burrow $74.99

Hogwarts Express $94.87

Hagrid's Hut $59.99

Hogwarts Castle $134.87

Starting tomorrow (24th) Woody's Roundup is $69.87

I wish I could say that TRU was actually putting some good specials on, but given those prices above,

they've already been offered by other retailers with even lower prices if you shop around.

When's TRU going to come to the party again and offer a 20% off everything one day sale for full priced Lego again?

Myer has just put the 7938 Passenger Train on sale for $179, down from $229.

There will be another 25% off sale at their Xmas shopping event this Friday (26th), goes on all day.

Selected David Jones stores are having a pre Christmas event till 9pm tonight (Wed 24th). 25% off full priced toys, so I snagged a Grand Emporium for $187.

Have to use a DJ's store card though.

Edited by MicroM

Fishpond apparently has 10% off and free shipping this week: Reference

There wasn't a lot there that stood out, but the 8404 Public Transport could be worthwhile if TRU haven't brought the price down.

Note: I've not tried the code - didn't see anything I wanted. But someone may be able to use this.

I wish I could say that TRU was actually putting some good specials on, but given those prices above,

they've already been offered by other retailers with even lower prices if you shop around.

When's TRU going to come to the party again and offer a 20% off everything one day sale for full priced Lego again?

Possibly today, tomorrow and the weekend?

(again, untested)

I can confirm that Perth CBD DJs are honouring the $139 Cargo Train price. They had two of them on the shelves last night, I grabbed one and resisted the urge to take the other and profiteer on ebay. I hope this goodwill toward other Lego buyers comes back to me in the form of a Grand Emporium, Perth seems to be getting very small numbers of these and I keep missing out. =[

Pretty sure I was dealing with the fulltimer in charge of toys and she wasn't aware that it was a pricing error. It scanned in at $239 and when I mentioned the catalogue & pointed at the in-store signage, she just said "oops must be a mistake" and changed it no hassles.