Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

My friend and I went to Myer at Pacific Fair on the Gold Coast today. We put the Fire Brigade, Imperial Flagship and Emerald Night on layby, but the ladies there refused to give us a further 10% discount with our MyerOne card. They were refusing other customers who were asking about it as well, so we all only got the regular 20% off even though we all had MyerOne cards.

Does anyone know if there's a way we can have them adjust the price on the layby if we went back there tomorrow and maybe asked someone more informed? My friend and I aren't exactly wealthy so any discount we can get is really appreciated, and we were very upset to be turned away for a discount we thought we were entitled to.

At least they were nice enough to give us our free LEGO Club membership when we asked (and several other AFOLs were asking too).

I went to 2 Myers today and both were more than happy to give the extra 10% on toys to all Myer one members and "NONE" of the customers I saw had the email. Most did not know that there was a further 10% until they got to the checkout, as there were no signs at the front of the store promoting it.

The checkout staff had a sheet of paper with the right barcode and they would scan that first and then proceed with the transaction.

Edited by guy montag

At least they were letting you put stuff on Layby

People were asking for it at Loganholme this morning and they were flat out told No Laybys

At least they were letting you put stuff on Layby

People were asking for it at Loganholme this morning and they were flat out told No Laybys

Really? Thats odd, when I hit the register at Loganholme around 10am there was no issue with the lay bys, in fact they where asking ever customer if they wanted to lay by AND if they where a Myer One member for the extra 10% off.

To Cammy, I'd just go back and ask to speak to a manager, there where signs all over the place informing people of the One discount at Loganholme, and theres no reason you should be out of pocket because of an ignorant staff member at the register. I knew I chose well going to Logan instead of Pac Fair!

Yes, the whole point of these sales is 'No deposit layby for Xmas'. It's plastered all over the catalogues.

I wasn't offered the membership and I did have to remind them about the extra 10%.

Report from Adelaide Myer:

Arrived about 12:20 and collected my imperial flagship on hold and purchased immediately. There were still 3 on the shelves at that stage, and 2 emerald nights. I picked up the smart car, lighting repair chuck, a lego lantern and a duplo set for a 2 year old. By 12:45 both emerald nights were gone. When I left at 1 there were two imperial flagships left. There was no sign of any cargo trains when I arrived.

There were plenty of fire stations and also battle of endor sets, masses of space police. Someone had cleared out the previously very full mindstorms shelves.

So all in all a very successful trip but if you want an imperial flagship, hurry!

Oh are others getting a giant super mario bag to put their purchases in. I reckon it could hold 4 imperial flagships, it's a monster!

Edit: there was one lambhorgini police car left.

I got the last Emerald Night from there i wanted to get 2 :(

When i left there was 3 Flagship and 1 Lambo which i almost bought but didnt.

The Mario bag is huge definately a great gift i can think of lots of uses for it already.

I got the last Emerald Night from there i wanted to get 2 :(

When i left there was 3 Flagship and 1 Lambo which i almost bought but didnt.

The Mario bag is huge definately a great gift i can think of lots of uses for it already.

Where the Mario bags giant red canvassy things? I noticed they where putting everything into them, but didn't pay much attention beyond thinking "wow, a free giant canvassy bag"

Thanks for the encouraging replies everyone, I'm going to go back up to Myer tomorrow with a print-out of the email from Myer One and prove to them that they're meant to give us a discount. It wasn't just one girl who refused us, it was all of the employees in the toy section who were turning back all the Myer One members, and my friend's mum even had to ring up and argue with the manager before she'd accept that we were entitled to the discount, but we still have to make the big trip up the coast tomorrow to sort it out.

What I don't understand is why the employees should care if their store makes less money on a sale, it doesn't come out of their pocket! But they fight to protect their store from us scabs and our discount claims.

As for the Galactic Enforcer, there were none at Pacific Fair either, but there were plenty of those Lamborghini police cars and Emerald Night trains. I got a Lunar Limo and there was one Container Heist left.

Where the Mario bags giant red canvassy things? I noticed they where putting everything into them, but didn't pay much attention beyond thinking "wow, a free giant canvassy bag"

If you spent over $50 dollars (which ofc we all have hehe :0) then you will get the bag.

Anybody see a Galactic Enforcer at the Myers that they visited, and if so, how much were they?

I saw them $119.99 (add 10% for myer one)

Brisbane City Myer had heaps of stock when I got there but within the hour I saw more than half of it disappear and they had a Code S in toy section hehe (asking for security to watch over all the crazy lego fans).

I got the cargo train and passed on the imperial flagship only cause it would hurt the pocket.

Had no issues getting the extra 10% off just showed myer one card and they scanned it and off came a few more dollars :)

Can not wait to build it later tonight.

K-Mart's catalogue is online for those who missed it (this thread moves too fast!) and I'm bemused by the $299 price for the Tantive IV (p 39). As it stands its still cheaper to buy it from the US. And $69 for the Hoth Wampa Cave isn't even 20% off! Weird, considering they couldn't give the Dropships away.

I would have hoped we would have seen some other summer Star Wars sets too.

So, a big thumbs-up for Myer from me and a big thumbs-down to Big W & K-Mart (poor Big W - is the Landspeeder the best they could do? :cry_sad:)

They also have the pig farm and the red technic car! lol

But yeah both seem pretty poor for "big sales". Given how much both TRU and Target are hyping their sales I'm waiting to see what comes of it, fingers crossed ( probably in vain ) that one of them might get exclusive on the Emporium, or at the very least Target will stop being lame and get some more MMV's in for the event.

Yes, the whole point of these sales is 'No deposit layby for Xmas'. It's plastered all over the catalogues.

I wasn't offered the membership and I did have to remind them about the extra 10%.

I wasn't offered the membership either, but that's not so bad, it would have been embarrassing it putting it under one of my cats' names so they could get the free renewal for the next ten years. However I was offered the discount on the flagship straight away (I acted like this was a pleasant surprise). Although with my second purchase they were a bit confused about the extra 10% as I don't think they usually work in toys (I did get it thought, but again no offer for lego membership).

As this thread seems to be sitting at the top of today's topics with all the updates I haven't been able to see if anyone knows any Big W prices? Any news?

Edited by hewman

No-one must have noticed the transforming Atlantis mech for $54... :wub: ...

Well i am getting me an RBR, too bad the target website doesnt have a preview like kmart and bigw.

Really? Thats odd, when I hit the register at Loganholme around 10am there was no issue with the lay bys, in fact they where asking ever customer if they wanted to lay by AND if they where a Myer One member for the extra 10% off.

To Cammy, I'd just go back and ask to speak to a manager, there where signs all over the place informing people of the One discount at Loganholme, and theres no reason you should be out of pocket because of an ignorant staff member at the register. I knew I chose well going to Logan instead of Pac Fair!

Maybe they sorted it out by then

I was there at 9 and the lady behind the counter in the hat wasnt letting anyone layby, she was arguing with a customer about it too, on the way out i saw signs saying layby now for xmas so i guess the lady serving ppl just made a mistake

I wasn't offered the membership either, but that's not so bad, it would have been embarrassing it putting it under one of my cats' names so they could get the free renewal for the next ten years.

My cat Sable is a proud member of LEGO Club :wink:

No-one must have noticed the transforming Atlantis mech for $54... :wub: ...

I did, but I would have been more excited if they had the Portal of Atlantis.

Maybe they sorted it out by then

I was there at 9 and the lady behind the counter in the hat wasnt letting anyone layby, she was arguing with a customer about it too, on the way out i saw signs saying layby now for xmas so i guess the lady serving ppl just made a mistake

Funny, just before 9am I heard the Myer internal intercom pep talk about the day's events and how today was the big sale, and it was all about the customer service since they'd had some complaints yesterday. Hahaha! It was actually weird to hear them broadcasting outside the store, their loudspeakers are just too good.

Myers Sydney cbd has heaps of everything. Managed to pickup the Lamborghini and toy story pizza truck. Yay

My son received his Lego Club magazine today, the mid-year catalogue was in it, everything is printed in it's pages except for the TRU truck and UCS shuttle.

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

All the MYER stores I visited today seemed to have plenty of stock of everything, including Cargo Trains, Emerald Night and Flagship. I did not see a City Corner or a Galactic Enforcer at any of the 6 MYER stores in Perth.

Picked up the Lambo police car just because it looks so GOOD (and I am still kicking myself for not picking up the yellow Lambo when it was on sale before)

Now I just need to repeat the excercise next Thursday when I pick up a Fire Station and possibly a Red creator Sports Car.

Myer is so inconsistent with all their policies. I had to wrangle to get the 10% off - supposedly you had to print a voucher out. There was no LEGO Club membership forms, but I did get the Mario bag. But all in all they did a pretty good job, they had plenty of stock and the prices are really good.

That Kmart toy sale seems like a total farce. $299 for the Tantive IV, I can't see too many of them flying off the shelves. And their other discounts are all very random. They certainly have done a big job of announcing

their new strategy this year, and they certainly are different. Gone are the days that I'll bother shopping there.

Edited by MicroM

The price on the fire station is very good at $99 IMO, its as cheap as that set is going to get anytime soon and represents good value for that set (given all the nifty parts in it)

My friend and I went to Myer at Pacific Fair on the Gold Coast today. We put the Fire Brigade, Imperial Flagship and Emerald Night on layby, but the ladies there refused to give us a further 10% discount with our MyerOne card. They were refusing other customers who were asking about it as well, so we all only got the regular 20% off even though we all had MyerOne cards.

That's.... my local Myer too, didn't know there were any EB members in my vicinity :thumbup: PacFair Myer's been somewhat lax everytime I've visited, their last "Buy 2 get 2 free", the lady there also took into account my Myer One discount so not sure who you got.

You doing happen to be going to the midnight Toy Sales at Robina right?

All the MYER stores I visited today seemed to have plenty of stock of everything, including Cargo Trains, Emerald Night and Flagship.

I managed to get to the Morley store just after 9 this morning and they had no cargo trains on the shelf and the worker we spoke with said that was it. But I'm guessing some more appeared during the day? Anyway after leaving empty handed I went home. But I couldn't be without a train at that price so we went out to Carousel at Lunch and they had around 10 left So I picked up 2 :thumbup:

I didn't get the free membership either, but I wasn't going to stand in a cue and wait for it so we found an empty checkout to avoid the madness.

OMG ! (quick edit)

Found this and I wonder if this will be the same price as BigW next week ?

Luke's landspeeder -iqtoys.com.au

If it is at that price next week - midnight at BigW I shall be unless I find them sooner !

No not the same price as BigW next week :thumbup:

No not the same price as BigW next week :thumbup:

Er, well in the picture it is pictured with the Freeco speeder and tri-droid fighter, so I would say all three should be the same price. So they sell the Freeco for under 43 bucks....

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Went to Knox and picked up an Emerald Knight for myself and Imperial Flagship for a friend. They had the extra 10% Myer One discount sign posted and announced it over the intercom, so getting that was no problem. Also got the giant Mario Bag after the lady in front of us in the queue reminded the staff about that offer :) Didn't get offered the Lego membership but after a long queue I was happy just to get out of Myer.

Stock levels were variable there was 6 or so Emerald Knights left, but only one Imperial Flagship and one Fire Station. I didn't see any Cargo Train, Train Station or Lamborghini sets.