Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Do you mean the 8169 Lamborgini Gallardo?

I think he means the blue police one.

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

edit: Which castle impulse did you spot in the box, Artanis? Was it just the showdown, or did they have the prison carriage rescue as well?

I honestly couldn't tell you. The cardboard box wasn't fully open, just the corner pulled back so I didn't get a good look at any images. I could only see the side or top of a couple of boxes to read that it was castle/kingdoms whatever and that there were quite a number of them. I do also recall there being a similar size unopened box not far away on the side counter. It could've been anything though, admittedly.

I honestly couldn't tell you. The cardboard box wasn't fully open, just the corner pulled back so I didn't get a good look at any images. I could only see the side or top of a couple of boxes to read that it was castle/kingdoms whatever and that there were quite a number of them. I do also recall there being a similar size unopened box not far away on the side counter. It could've been anything though, admittedly.

I can confirm that I saw the Knights Showdown at Toyworld as of yesterday. Cant remember seeing the Prison Carriage Rescue but I may have missed it.

Oh yeah both stores also had stock of the new cargo train (with a price tag of $300) but from the looks of the way it was displayed, its likely going to be part of the sale (and will be available for less than $300)

Hmm....I've just put the passenger train on lay by for the kids and was thinking of ordering a couple of track packs from lego so it was more than just a lame circle, might have to go to Myers come July 1st instead and get me one of those, more engines and a decent amount of track! Now I just need to work out how to make a table the little blighters can reach their roads and police stations etc on while still having enough room for the train tracks :sceptic:

I'm also keeping an eye out for the crossing, Lightning, and will be sure to post here if/when/where I find it. REALLY hate the silly way TLG release stuff, if its ready they should just dump it into the shops and let us take advantage of as many wife distractions as we can :tongue:

edit : Just got back from the shops. According to the lady I spoke to in K-Mart their mega toy sale will be starting on the 1st ( 2 weeks from today ), and we'll be getting two bits of junk-mail in regards to it. One will just list items on sale with the normal lay-by available, the 2nd will list those sale items you can get the extended till xmas lay by on. Sadly she couldn't tell me if they'd be getting in any new sets, only that they where currently very low on Lego and where expecting to get big shipments of everything next week.

Edited by Belchher

Sorry I believe that the Kingdoms 'prison carriage' will August release - not happy ! :hmpf_bad:

I also asked Kmart about the toy sale, yep 1st. July !

Just found out Myer's toy sale starts next Thursday !

No dam train crossing yet, but cargo train yes !

oooh jonwil, thank you! Will have to checkout Freo and Booragoon! Let me know if you see a MMV in any future travels.

Btw, the toyworld in Beeliar always has really good stocks so if you're near there at any stage check em out. 5 minsaway from me which is handy:D

hmmn.i'm sure i saw the prison carriage set at that toyworld a few weeks back now, but when i went back the next day it was gone..

Edited by melike75

On a trip to Karrinyup (Perth) on Tuesday, I found all the Space Police, Toy Story (inc. Toy Story 3), City (no train station or crossroads) and practically every other set, except the minifigures, Kingdoms or impulse sets. Also asked at Big W, the guy behind the counter was clueless, so just directed us to the LEGO section. Right now, I'm only able to make visits to Karrinyup, Whitfords, Warwick, Stirling Gate and possibly Joondalup, so not much chance of spotting them.

On a trip to Karrinyup (Perth) on Tuesday, I found all the Space Police, Toy Story (inc. Toy Story 3), City (no train station or crossroads) and practically every other set, except the minifigures, Kingdoms or impulse sets. Also asked at Big W, the guy behind the counter was clueless, so just directed us to the LEGO section. Right now, I'm only able to make visits to Karrinyup, Whitfords, Warwick, Stirling Gate and possibly Joondalup, so not much chance of spotting them.

Which City sets did you see? Anything new?

Anyone seen (or have a confirmed release date for) the fire stuff, yellow truck, pigs, or family house? (I have seen reports from various places but no confirmed date or whether any of this will appear in stock for the sales)

Oh and if you want the Minifigs, try Toyworld at Whitfords or the Targets at Stirling Gate, Whitfords or Joondalup. Don't waste your time looking for the figs anywhere other than Target or Toyworld, you wont find them.

Oh and for the guy who wants a MMV, dont bother, I have been to pretty much every target in the city in the last 6 months and there are NO MMVs anywhere.

Edited by jonwil

Myer Hurstville, looks all loaded up for the Toy Sale. I saw Imperial Flagships, Cargo Train, Fire Brigades, Space police command centre, Train station, even the power functions kit 8293 for $49.95. Sorry no level crossing. All in all close to 8 units of each set.

Thursday... Hmm I think I will be getting in early on Thursday before the rush. Hopefully will see some nice discounts.

Edited by guy montag

I forgot to add that Myers will also have the Emerald Night back next week too !

I forgot to add that Myers will also have the Emerald Night back next week too !

Does anyone know what kind of sale Myer will be having?? Is it a flat percentage off like previous years?

Does anyone know what kind of sale Myer will be having?? Is it a flat percentage off like previous years?

Okay, time to let the cat out of the bag.

It will be a 20% off sale, but the best part is for the first few days of the sale, Myer One members will get an extra 10% off.....

So a sensational 30% OFF!

Hmm...any idea if you can get a Myer One card instantly if you apply in-store as opposed to the wait if you do it on-line? I'm meant to be going out to put the deposit on the passenger train at toyworld tomorrow, but if I can get the cargo train for 30% off that would make it $210, and its more than worth the extra ten bucks. Guess I could always get both!

Edited by Belchher

Hmm...any idea if you can get a Myer One card instantly if you apply in-store as opposed to the wait if you do it on-line? I'm meant to be going out to put the deposit on the passenger train at toyworld tomorrow, but if I can get the cargo train for 30% off that would make it $210, and its more than worth the extra ten bucks. Guess I could always get both!

No contest, just get both. You won't regret it. :tongue:

Oh and for the guy who wants a MMV, dont bother, I have been to pretty much every target in the city in the last 6 months and there are NO MMVs anywhere.

darn.

Apply online and you will get your membership number that is all you will need to get the extra discount. Just let them know your card hasn't been received yet.

Sweet, thanks! Now I just have to design and build a table big enough for the silly things that wont have the wife wringing my neck!

Which City sets did you see? Anything new?

Anyone seen (or have a confirmed release date for) the fire stuff, yellow truck, pigs, or family house? (I have seen reports from various places but no confirmed date or whether any of this will appear in stock for the sales)

Oh and if you want the Minifigs, try Toyworld at Whitfords or the Targets at Stirling Gate, Whitfords or Joondalup. Don't waste your time looking for the figs anywhere other than Target or Toyworld, you wont find them.

Not much, just the new airport and others, alas no train crossing or station.

Also paid a visit to Stirling, I found the box, opened it, and was extremely unhappy to find not one, stinking minifigure in there. I checked all the shelves, floorspace etc., to no avail. So in the end I gave up and asked a storeperson, who told me that was the last box, and directed me to the fitting rooms where they would phone another store, to see if they had any in stock. Innaloo didn't pick up, and Morley had none at all. Tomorrow I'll pay Target in Whitfords (and possibly Toyworld) a visit, and hopefully I will have my search ended, after 2 months.

Toyworld catalog is up now (in case anyone didnt see it)

Only stuff that's actually discounted:

Minifigs

Passenger Train

ARC-170 Starfighter

City Airport

Space Police base

Kingdoms and the train are marked as "exclusives" (I am interested in the dragon tower but not at THAT price :( )

Just took a 100km round trip and picked up 15 minifigs from a rural Toyworld - me had 50 bucks credit there ! :grin:

Finally got the nurse, caveman and indian hunter - YES my son will be happy.

Got some divers for the their gear plus some spacemen for different MOC's I'm planning !

So I would suggest calling country Toyworlds to see if they have any and that a nice trip and buy a swag full !

Pity I was impatient and bought the Space Police Central at full price the first moment I saw it. Can I justify getting another one? Probably not. Will I get another one anyway? Ummmm... no comment for the press, talk to my lawyer...

Hurrah, called Target Joondalup, and was given comformation that they had them in stock. I will possibly be heading there later on, when the traffic may have calmed down. Finally, those days of waiting are over. :cry_happy:

I popped into Adelaide city Myer today - still no Flagships of course, but the new train overpass crossing was in for a bit under $80.

Myer Hurstville, looks all loaded up for the Toy Sale. I saw Imperial Flagships, Cargo Train, Fire Brigades, Space police command centre, Train station, even the power functions kit 8293 for $49.95. Sorry no level crossing. All in all close to 8 units of each set.

Thursday... Hmm I think I will be getting in early on Thursday before the rush. Hopefully will see some nice discounts.

Space Police Command Centre for $49.95? Seriously?

On that note, has anybody seen a Galactic Enforcer for cheap around Melbourne?