Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Guys what do you think? Is this worth it ->

Keeping in mind I wont be building these in a hurry, just buying them now so they wont increase in price when I want them later. Thoughts?

LEGO Taj Mahal 10189 $450

LEGO Cafe Corner 10182 $275

Sent to me with free shipping.

The 10182 has slightly damaged box:

1-1%20(Small).JPG

2-1%20(Small).JPG

3-1%20(Small).JPG

I know where in Australia you can get a Cafe Corner from, only problem is it's about $ 500 ! :sing::oh3::sing:

I think I know the place you are taking about. ;) Ive ordered one Lego set from them myself. :)

Wheneve I visit Adelaide, I'll definitely go check out that place.

So I should go ahead and buy those two sets for $725? Good investment? :D

Edited by d00dz

Please don't flame me when I ask this but has anyone seen any MB halo wars sets anywhere? I've seen the spartan magnet figs at k-mart but thats it :sceptic:

Please don't flame me when I ask this but has anyone seen any MB halo wars sets anywhere? I've seen the spartan magnet figs at k-mart but thats it :sceptic:

Check out BigW, I remeber seeing the Ghost and Hornet set :thumbup:

Any one see any Hoth Rebel Bases still lying around? :sceptic: Might order it from the Us for $150, same price as the bigger Republic Cruiser :cry_sad:

Any one see any Hoth Rebel Bases still lying around? :sceptic: Might order it from the Us for $150, same price as the bigger Republic Cruiser :cry_sad:

Thanks, but there is only a Big W like, 40 minutes away :sceptic:

Hi Kenny

It'd probably be massively cheaper to order the non snowspeeder parts from bricklink for this set if you aren't desperate for the K3PO fig as you can get a snowspeeder in the wampa attack later this year and get all your rebel troopers matching by buying the new battle packs. The best thing would be to look at the instructions for 7666 online and use the part out to your wanted list on bricklink.

Edited by hewman

Keeping in mind I wont be building these in a hurry, just buying them now so they wont increase in price when I want them later. Thoughts?

1-1%20(Small).JPG

2-1%20(Small).JPG

3-1%20(Small).JPG

Cafe corner I would definitely get at that price. I would pass on the Taj Mahal personally though as I don't really think it will increase in price as much as the Cafe Corner due to the fact you could probably buy the pieces individually for around the same price...

Cafe Corner is one of those boxes which is difficult to keep nice anyway, since it has the flimsy thin front cardboard and the tearing side flaps. Thankfully all the new Exclusives do have the collapsible boxes which makes storage handy.

I wonder what the deal with the big black sticker on the front is? US version maybe?

Thanks for the comments guys. Will see if seller can sell the Cafe Corner by itself.

No idea about the sticker. o.0

In other news I was wondering if anyone (pref in Sydney or surrounding areas ie. Newcastle, Woolongong) wants to import the Fire Brigade - 10197 with me? We can split shipping costs/fees. Ive worked out roughly it will cost $250 delivered to my house for one of these sets. I'll be using either S@H or Toys R Us and sending to my shipito address sending the whole lot via FedEx.

If anyone here USA knows where I can get it cheaper let me know.

If previous corners go by the prices of these wont stay long, hence wanting to order them now.

For all those in Adelaide, there's some good sales news. Toyworld currently at level 2 at Harris Scarfe in the mall are having a 20% off moving sale. In itself it doesn't seem anything to get overly excited about but they have some very hard to find sets, such as from the first agents line (I saw turbo car and submarine sets). They also have Ahsoka's ship, although even at 20% off it doesn't seem like a great deal, but it does look pretty. I grabbed the second to last copy of the castle set 7037, Troll tower raid or something I believe it's called. They also have plenty of new Pirate sets, so I'd recommend Brickbeard's bounty at that price ($112 I think). No new star wars there however. Oh the Star Justice set was the other one I noticed that I don't see on the shelves too often. Sale is on for at least another week I think.

Edited by hewman

BigW has finely updated their website.

http://www.bigw.com.au/toys/lego-whats-new.html

88 for the ARC fighter, thats like 20 bucks cheaper then S@H.

those re good prices, 43 for freeco is about right.

They took their time!

As usual, BigW is a little cheaper than other stores, but I still want to go on and on about the unfairness of prices between Oz and USA.

Anyway, the 'Coming soon section' is also updated, with The Stars and some Duplo and City.

Look like we'll have to wait until Feb for the other half of the January line? :S

http://members.iinet.net.au/~doodz/lego/ca...1%20(Small).JPG

That box is more than a little damaged in my opinion. However CC is a great set and for that price its worth snapping up. As for Taj, I would only get it on severe mark down for parts, though you may like it to display so I don't know.

Flame-Flame_on.jpg

:tongue:

For all those in Adelaide, there's some good sales news. Toyworld currently at level 2 at Harris Scarfe in the mall are having a 20% off moving sale. In itself it doesn't seem anything to get overly excited about but they have some very hard to find sets, such as from the first agents line (I saw turbo car and submarine sets). They also have Ahsoka's ship, although even at 20% off it doesn't seem like a great deal, but it does look pretty. I grabbed the second to last copy of the castle set 7037, Troll tower raid or something I believe it's called. They also have plenty of new Pirate sets, so I'd recommend Brickbeard's bounty at that price ($112 I think). No new star wars there however. Oh the Star Justice set was the other one I noticed that I don't see on the shelves too often. Sale is on for at least another week I think.

Hmm, didn't happen to notice a republic gunship by any chance? :tongue:

Hmm, didn't happen to notice a republic gunship by any chance? :tongue:

I should have looked! It might be worth giving them a call, otherwise there's a good chance I'll check tomorrow. I saw a heap of Venators, they seemed to dominate the shelves.

I should have looked! It might be worth giving them a call, otherwise there's a good chance I'll check tomorrow. I saw a heap of Venators, they seemed to dominate the shelves.

Cheers Hewman,

If things are a bit quieter at work tomorrow I'll give them a buzz and find out! I had a bit of a look on ebay and there seems to be a fair few of them up for grabs in Australia - I think the missus is happy for me to sell one of my own (slightly) older sets to pay for it...

I wonder whether the TIE Defender will be included in the Kmart sale this week? The RRP seems a little ridiculous to me, but would be a bit more bearable on sale.

In other news I was wondering if anyone (pref in Sydney or surrounding areas ie. Newcastle, Woolongong) wants to import the Fire Brigade - 10197 with me? We can split shipping costs/fees. Ive worked out roughly it will cost $250 delivered to my house for one of these sets. I'll be using either S@H or Toys R Us and sending to my shipito address sending the whole lot via FedEx.

If anyone here USA knows where I can get it cheaper let me know.

If previous corners go by the prices of these wont stay long, hence wanting to order them now.

I was looking to do a S@H order later on in the year (maybe April-May sometime) for Fire Brigade and the new Emporium plus a Toy Story set (plus probably other random sets), so if you wanted to wait until then I'm keen :P (just got an order for Imperial Flagship and Green Grocer so my coffers are a little empty right now...)

I wonder whether the TIE Defender will be included in the Kmart sale this week? The RRP seems a little ridiculous to me, but would be a bit more bearable on sale.

I checked already no it's not - the TS and four SW sets are on sale at Kmart this week.

I wonder where Toyworld in Adelaide is going.....maybe HS doesn't want children in their store ?!

Thanks for the info Hewman on it anyway.

I was looking to do a S@H order later on in the year (maybe April-May sometime) for Fire Brigade and the new Emporium plus a Toy Story set (plus probably other random sets), so if you wanted to wait until then I'm keen :P (just got an order for Imperial Flagship and Green Grocer so my coffers are a little empty right now...)

Yea sounds good. I definitely want a few of the Emporiums. Let me know when time comes, I'm sure i'll be in this thread raving on about em.

In the meantime depending on the Aussie $ i might order the Fire Brigade in the next month or so (thinking that it might be SOLD OUT soon)

OMG

Motorized Bulldozer 8275 is on sale at the Lego Shop for $187.49.

RRP $249.99

SOLD OUT! Dammit!

I checked already no it's not - the TS and four SW sets are on sale at Kmart this week.

I wonder where Toyworld in Adelaide is going.....maybe HS doesn't want children in their store ?!

Ah well, $77 for the TIE will have to do... :hmpf_bad:

As for Toyworld, didn't it used to be an actual part of HS back in the day?

Myer centre. Same floor where their clearance shop is. They said they'er moving to a much bigger location, which hopefully means even more lego in stock. you could be right, perhaps children are scaring their usually elderly clientelle.

Did anyone see the Battle of Endor set on sale at Toyworld that was moving?

Hi Kenny

I'm 99% sure they didn't have it there, it seems to sell out quickly every time they do have it.

Edit: For Whup, unfortunately no republic gunship at Toyworld Adelaide.

Edited by hewman

Big W. I picked up the Covenant version there purely for the minifigs which are about the right scale with Lego Master Chief MOCs.