Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

I was wondering if any one knows where I can get the Padawan Menace with minifig, The Empire Strikes Out with minifig and the Blu-Ray The Hobbit with Minfig in Australian??

I bought the full range from amazon.fr, as soon as they had a decent discount. the boxes come in varying degrees of damage but this did not bother me as I'm going to open and build them. I recently bought the fire brigade delivered $AUD 180

I think I'll buy the palace cinema from S@H with the free shipping it's only $20 more than what I might pay for it on amazon.fr

I tried to buy from amazon but it said the modulars were not available for Australian customers! They were so so cheap a few months back!

I was wondering if any one knows where I can get the Padawan Menace with minifig, The Empire Strikes Out with minifig and the Blu-Ray The Hobbit with Minfig in Australian??

So far Empire and Padawan with figs are exclusive to Big W, no idea about The Hobbit or Lego Batman 2.

I tried to buy from amazon but it said the modulars were not available for Australian customers! They were so so cheap a few months back!

It depends on which Amazon site you use.

If anyone in Perth wants the Shell Ferrari 250 GT, the Shell on Berwick Street/Kent Street corner has plenty of them (along with the truck, the 458 and the F1 car)

No sign of the FXX or the F40 yet.

So far Empire and Padawan with figs are exclusive to Big W, no idea about The Hobbit or Lego Batman 2.

Big W will have the Hobbit w/ Minifig Blu-Ray too.

Big W will have the Hobbit w/ Minifig Blu-Ray too.

Its up for pre-order on their website at around $39.98 or something similar but its only 2 weeks away from stores.

From Target in Bullcreek, WA, I saw sets from: Technic, Hobbit, Hero Factory figures, Galaxy Squad, TMNT, LoC, City and Friends.

42000 Grand Prix Racer $159.

They must be trying to get rid of the Monster Fighters' Ghost Train - it was $69.88.

Edited by slopemodified

They must be trying to get rid of the Monster Fighters' Ghost Train - it was $69.88.

Good Price. Next time they have a % off sale I will check it out, they had a heap at my local Target last time I saw

So I've made the (very expensive) decision to get into the Modular Building series...

I have a couple of high value sets like the UCS Falcon that might be sold to pay for these, but it would be a sore loss.

I'd be very very reluctant to sell the UCS Falcon. It's impressive (and valuable) not just for it's rarity and looks, but its sheer size impresses even non-Lego-fans.

So I'd like some advice from Aussie collectors who have been into the Modular theme. What is the best place to start? Are these sets available at retail? (I've never paid attention to these, so no idea) and if so, do they have the typical UCS exclusivity between the various stores? What is the cheapest way to start, are there foreign online stores like Amazon UK that you could recommend? Thanks in advance.

David Jones has the exclusive rights to sell the modulars in Australia. They had the town hall for sale on their website last month for AUD$215 delivered.

This thread is exclusively for Australian based retailers. The mods might jump in here if we discuss Amazon too much. I'll just say that I (and others I know) have bought a bunch of them from the various Amazon sites. I had the Fire Brigade delivered last week from Amazon.fr. This is a good tool to refer to http://brickset.com/...on/#Exclusives.

Edited by Brix

Good Price. Next time they have a % off sale I will check it out, they had a heap at my local Target last time I saw

Its on clearance so it won't receive any further discounts, have tried a couple of times during the % off sales.

Its on clearance so it won't receive any further discounts, have tried a couple of times during the % off sales.

Will be worth a try anyway. I remember some people here saying they got further % off when the Diagon Alley sets were on clearance.

I got 2 diagon ally from target when it was $179 and target had buy 1 toy get 50% off the second! It was a month or so ago though!

The monster house was $100 at bigw today! They also had a hospital 4429 that the box was opened and abit crushed, I asked if I could make sure all the bags and plates were there and they were! Scanned at $39 so not a bad price! I'm actually going to make it into a modular type building!

Edited by Kye33

I got 2 diagon ally from target when it was $179 and target had buy 1 toy get 50% off the second! It was a month or so ago though!

The monster house was $100 at bigw today! They also had a hospital 4429 that the box was opened and abit crushed, I asked if I could make sure all the bags and plates were there and they were! Scanned at $39 so not a bad price! I'm actually going to make it into a modular type building!

Whoah, that's a great price. Its on the Big W website for that as well; hope I can nab one in time:)

Ahh the Vampyre Castle @ 100. I thought you meant the Haunted House and I got very excited. On the front page they have the Mines of Moria set listed at $48, but when you go to the link it is $88

Ahh the Vampyre Castle @ 100. I thought you meant the Haunted House and I got very excited. On the front page they have the Mines of Moria set listed at $48, but when you go to the link it is $88

Thanks for the heads up TheDarkness!!

Rang them and they Price match the $48 grab 2 of them for me and 1 for a friend!

Thanks for the heads up TheDarkness!!

Rang them and they Price match the $48 grab 2 of them for me and 1 for a friend!

So if you phone order they will accept it at the $48 price?

Yep when I called I told them that the front page shows $48 then when I clicked on it, it went to the $88 page, then the nice lady said she would match the price on the front page.... :)

I did this twice as my friend wanted one after I told him and asked me to do it for him with his banking details, there was no problem what so ever.... give it a go!

Cheers for that. She was giving me the cheaper price before I even finished what I was asking for, knew the set and everything. I grabbed a couple. She said they had people trying to order lots of 20 or so but they wouldn't allow it, most they could really look at was 5 or so.

20? bloody ell! scalpers! :hmpf_bad: taking advantage.... unless they want the parts, but geez 20 seems like over kill... the poor young lady will be busy till they sell out or change the price

glad you grabbed a couple! what a great way to start a weekend... thanks again for the initial report

let the delivery's start arriving! :sweet:

I'm not one to criticise scalping considering the amount of Lego I have to resell, and the quantity I order. I was just happy to score a few more at those prices (and no I didn't ask for 20 or even 10 lol)

I picked up one set for the $48, it is a brilliant price.

We are moving house, so I was on a Lego ban, but couldn't pass on that price.

Toyworld Fremantle has a few Star Wars 9509 advent calendars for $35, down from $50.

Kingdoms Joust was labelled on sale for $180, but realised that's just the RRP... price gougers!

Cheers for that. She was giving me the cheaper price before I even finished what I was asking for, knew the set and everything. I grabbed a couple. She said they had people trying to order lots of 20 or so but they wouldn't allow it, most they could really look at was 5 or so.

Yep when I called I told them that the front page shows $48 then when I clicked on it, it went to the $88 page, then the nice lady said she would match the price on the front page.... :)

I did this twice as my friend wanted one after I told him and asked me to do it for him with his banking details, there was no problem what so ever.... give it a go!

Thank you very much guys for alerting us to this awesome deal! Rang up and only had to mention Lego deal on their front page, the lady on the phone knew straight away what I was after. Order myself a set and eagerly wait for its arrival :-)