Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

The Winter Post Office ($110) and the Volkswagen camper van ($170) are up on shop at home now but not for sale yet.

Re the toyworld sale, it says limit of one coupon per customer. I couldn't find anything useful to pair up to get the maximum 25% discount at Adelaide toyworld. They did have the Space Police 3 set with the big yellow crate at the back reduced to $30 (I think it's called Container Heist).

If anyone desperately wants the coupon, PM me, unless someone here wants to do a great favour and post it here.

Edited by hewman

2.Has anyone seen them at Myers yet, to take advantage of board game offer

I saw them at Myer Miranda (Sydney) today.

Is the 3 for 2 minus 10% MyerOne discount still on? I thought that was only for the weekend before last?

Edit: I guess the 30% off board games 11th August - 11th September is what you're referring to. Isn't that online only, or do board games scan 30% off at the register of a Myer store?

Edited by dotmike

I saw them at Myer Miranda (Sydney) today.

Is the 3 for 2 minus 10% MyerOne discount still on? I thought that was only for the weekend before last?

Edit: I guess the 30% off board games 11th August - 11th September is what you're referring to. Isn't that online only, or do board games scan 30% off at the register of a Myer store?

Myer currently have a buy 2 games, get 3rd free sale on, ends Sunday 28th of August.

They had Heroica at my local Myer (Warringah Mall, Sydney)

thanks for the tip re heroica - picked up the big 3 from Myers today for $70

you were right about torworld - not too much there - lots of lego but even offer doesn't bring price down much

Big W had minifigure stand - $20

I bought all the different colours of the Minifigure stand, and they look great with all 4 series of CMF.

Edited by Brickus

I see Fishpond's website is experiencing a bout of honest pricing.

For example, the wizard impulse set is listed as '$5.99 $17.99'

Refreshing!

HUGE NEWS !

Confirmation from Myers three minutes ago......3677 Red Cargo Train will be hitting the shelves in two weeks or so - retail price 295.00 ! :excited:

Ouch, lay-by time.....my Christmas present ! :rofl:

HUGE NEWS !

Confirmation from Myers three minutes ago......3677 Red Cargo Train will be hitting the shelves in two weeks or so - retail price 295.00 ! :excited:

Ouch, lay-by time.....my Christmas present ! :rofl:

$295...... OUCH!!!

Definitely won't be picking this set up from Australian retail anytime soon.... or EVER!

So when is the next Myer sale?

:classic: :classic:

Mid to late September I was told by Myers today. Oh, also I had a talk to Kmart today as well, they will be getting some larger sets in shortly.....what ones they didn't say. Plus the Black Pearl will be an independent exclusive....i.e. Toyworld, etc., sometime in November. :wink:

Mid to late September I was told by Myers today. Oh, also I had a talk to Kmart today as well, they will be getting some larger sets in shortly.....what ones they didn't say. Plus the Black Pearl will be an independent exclusive....i.e. Toyworld, etc., sometime in November. :wink:

Thanks for the info, LT, it's disappointing the Black Pearl won't be widely available, because the chances of a decent toyworld sale are pretty small, and that's if you can even find the set in stock. Did they happen to mention a price? I'm guessing around $160 just based on the QAR's price.

Thanks for the info, LT, it's disappointing the Black Pearl won't be widely available, because the chances of a decent toyworld sale are pretty small, and that's if you can even find the set in stock. Did they happen to mention a price? I'm guessing around $160 just based on the QAR's price.

Well, Toy Corner will be getting them too. :wink:

No idea on price. :blush:

No threat what so ever with an independent having the PoTC Black Pearl in Australia and charging full RRP, I think allot of people (ie: me) will be ordering

the set from overseas any ways at half the price......... because I can guarantee that everyone will stock the Black Pearl overseas and will be

having some decent sales just to compete with consumer dollars.

Woolies supermarket in Parramatta has some Cars2 merch for sale. In amongst the stuff was Tokyo Pit Stop and Maters Spy Zone - tag said $15 but they actually scanned thru for a mere $10.

Also saw the small Mater, but don't know how much for. I'm glad I made the impulse purchase, Holly Shiftwell turns out to be pretty sexy.

Woolies supermarket in Parramatta has some Cars2 merch for sale. In amongst the stuff was Tokyo Pit Stop and Maters Spy Zone - tag said $15 but they actually scanned thru for a mere $10.

Also saw the small Mater, but don't know how much for. I'm glad I made the impulse purchase, Holly Shiftwell turns out to be pretty sexy.

Odd, must be a NSW thing ! :laugh:

I have been told that Cars2 theme is already discontinued and some sets are on clearance at Kmart ! :wink:

Odd, must be a NSW thing ! :laugh:

My local woolworths (Athelstone, SA) had some Cars duplo on clearance for half price last week, but didn't think anyone would be particularly interested.

That's great that Toy Corner (Adelaide) will have the Black Pearl, all I have to do is hold out for a 15% off sale, if I haven't got it from overseas already that is. For those without an independent retailer near them and don't like ordering from overseas I believe Toy Corner still takes mail order and their service is outstanding.

Edited by hewman

Scanned at $15 for me for those sets at my local Woolies (robina QLD). So i just left them behind. Oh well maybe next time

Myer currently have a buy 2 games, get 3rd free sale on, ends Sunday 28th of August.

Good stuff! Thank you. I made use of the sale, not to buy Heroica, which I'm not particularly keen on, probably because I have no one to play it with, but to buy three identical Harry Potter Hogwarts games.

The HP set is actually very good for parts. With a 33% discount, plus a $20 digital gift card I'd scored somehow making it an effective 47% discount, the extravagance of never again having to go hunting for 6x6 plates, brown tiles and 1x16 tan bricks seemed worthwhile. :classic:

Good stuff! Thank you. I made use of the sale, not to buy Heroica, which I'm not particularly keen on, probably because I have no one to play it with, but to buy three identical Harry Potter Hogwarts games.

The HP set is actually very good for parts. With a 33% discount, plus a $20 digital gift card I'd scored somehow making it an effective 47% discount, the extravagance of never again having to go hunting for 6x6 plates, brown tiles and 1x16 tan bricks seemed worthwhile. :classic:

I have a $20 Myer discount too so now you've tempted me - don't collect HP but I'm sure there's some MOCer who'd want the mini-mini figures.... You know how much the sets are each off-hand?

The new hoth base set was at toysrus in brisbane (garden city) yesterday - $169 though - they also had smaller minifig stand ($15) but no series 5

I have a $20 Myer discount too so now you've tempted me - don't collect HP but I'm sure there's some MOCer who'd want the mini-mini figures.... You know how much the sets are each off-hand?

Harry Potter Hogwarts is 49.95, the most expensive of the games. Three of them would normally total 149.85, but until the end of today will total 99.80. Apply the discount card and you'll be up for 79.90.

So, in effect, the HP game sets will cost $26.63 each. There are 332 pieces in each set. This is what they are:

loot.jpg