HeyComeMerryDol

LEGO IDEAS teams up with Dungeons And Dragons!

I didn't even notice the dragon in the set was green.

Yeah, Red Dragon would be way more iconic to the D&D line.  Also, bigger horns please

To be fair, D&D did a lot of work to codify fantasy dragons, including the variety of colors and their features. Green is as legit as red as far as the lore goes. That said, I do prefer the recolor. Changing the roof color to blue also makes for a more well rounded pallet. 

The dragon in red looks awesome, if the final product looks anything like that then this will be the best western dragon we've gotten to date.

18 hours ago, AstroFalcon said:

The dragon in red looks awesome, if the final product looks anything like that then this will be the best western dragon we've gotten to date.

To be honest a lot of the Ninjago dragons are not asian inspired the Skeleton dragon looks fantastic.  The New Ice dragon is great.  Kai's lastest red dragon the wyvern one is another great build and all look western in style.  The newest version of the Hungarian horntail is one of the best dragons they've made.  This one looks nice but I like the ones I mentioned better than the one in the D&D model.  

12 hours ago, zoth33 said:

To be honest a lot of the Ninjago dragons are not asian inspired the Skeleton dragon looks fantastic.  The New Ice dragon is great.  Kai's lastest red dragon the wyvern one is another great build and all look western in style.  The newest version of the Hungarian horntail is one of the best dragons they've made.  This one looks nice but I like the ones I mentioned better than the one in the D&D model.  

The horntail and skeleton dragon are both very nice, however a lot of Ninjago stuff has too much gold to work with for me. The printed heads are also quite stylised. I do eventually plan on making a MOC with the head from the new earth dragon as it's a fantasy monster just waiting to happen.

39 minutes ago, KraK said:

Anyone have any fresh news about this set?

We probably won’t hear anything about this set until 2024. There are 6 projects that were approved before the D&D set ( not counting the one that they just revealed today).