Sign in to follow this  
Legostein

Another 3 new factions for expanding the classic pirate world: Governor's Guard, Order of the Lily and the Trade Guild

Hello everybody,

here I'd like to share another 3 new factions for a classic pirate playset world, just for the record and complete the series. Self-imposed challenges are to not use any torsos, heads or sail pieces of the already existing pirate series to bring in more variety and creativity.

The Governor's Guard:

The largest faction of our edge of the ocean. A protection force for all citizens of the island group. They have several settlements, and two medium-sized ships.

52226530582_afbf55bc52_w.jpg

52227548908_056d2afbd3_w.jpg

52227807059_94deed56db_w.jpg

All Images on Flickr.

The Order of the Lily:

A peaceful mid-sized faction. They are keepers of culture and knowlede and have their base in an old abbey. They only have an ancient cog for trading purposes.

52250075653_19840be155_w.jpg

52250568400_575376da6a_w.jpg

52250349544_253065394a_w.jpg

All Images on Flickr.

The Trade Guild:

The trade guild has a large port and many ships. Notes: I like Fabuland pieces. Hence these are used here and work out nicely. The ships' sails are really tan (whereas the sails of the official Imperial Trading ship are rather nougat than tan; which is confusing as they're listed as tan on Bricklink).

52364584124_a49328cfbe_w.jpg

52363997462_4b21c11ea2_w.jpg

52363188617_dcb1874a3c_w.jpg

All Images on Flickr.

Have a nice day and rest of the week everyone! Arrr. :pir-sweet:

On 9/22/2022 at 6:59 AM, Legostein said:

here I'd like to share another 3 new factions for a classic pirate playset world, just for the record and complete the series. Self-imposed challenges are to not use any torsos, heads or sail pieces of the already existing pirate series to bring in more variety and creativity.

How do we get The LEGO Group to hire you to conceptualize new waves of pirate sets for the next several years? :pir-grin:

Thank you for the kind comments. :pir-classic:

On 9/26/2022 at 8:20 PM, Captain_cat271 said:

This is great! I have been waiting for an update to your world and this does not disappoint! Well done.

Glad to hear that, thank you. There is still more to come. There will be some island locations next, followed by some minor factions. :pirate:

On 9/26/2022 at 9:26 PM, berninhr said:

Awesome builds! I love the classic feel they have 

Thanks, that's exactly the idea behind it. Give the theme sets a classic "old-styled" look. I'd also like to show that you can still build great mocs even when using big pieces (like rock panels or those huge round bricks from Belville). :pir-sweet:

13 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

How do we get The LEGO Group to hire you to conceptualize new waves of pirate sets for the next several years? :pir-grin:

That's very kind of you, thank you. I will soon complie all these sub-themes on a simple web page. There you willalso be able to read the full story for the factions and locations. :pir-huzzah2:

5 hours ago, Legostein said:

That's very kind of you, thank you. I will soon complie all these sub-themes on a simple web page. There you willalso be able to read the full story for the factions and locations. 

Very exciting!

Also, what if we featured these on the Classic Pirates Instagram at some point in the future?

On 9/28/2022 at 6:03 AM, Mister Phes said:

Also, what if we featured these on the Classic Pirates Instagram at some point in the future?

This would be wonderful! :pir-sweet: But let's expand the playset diorama by some locations and more factions...

See you arr-ound! :pir-classic: