Hi guys, I´m looking into this set and thinking about buying some unoponed ones but how do I say if the set is revised version or not?

I know about this older post

https://rebrickable.com/sets/compare/slow/?1-set=8043-1&2-set=8043-1&1-inv=23672&2-inv=12610

So basically it should be easy if the box is opened and person can inspect parts. But any way to say so just from box outside?

Edited by tomfow
more info :)

Ok...there is bar code on plastic tape sealing the box, code reads 12. There is no other manufacturing code on the box.

307714607_4973872446050933_3069881909666139752_n.jpg

307382133_472977804717531_8954497761126155264_n.jpg

Edited by tomfow

I remember, that there was somewhere production date. Maybe it was on those brown carton boxes? As I can't find on any box I have something like date.

2 hours ago, Jurss said:

I remember, that there was somewhere production date. Maybe it was on those brown carton boxes? As I can't find on any box I have something like date.

Yup, I found the same info but according to seller there is nothing more. It is not like he is trying to hide info, he is as well curious about which version he has..

On most technic boxes the production code is printed black letters on (only) one of the sealing tapes. It is (very) difficult to find and read. Older ones have them punched into the box material.

My box has 34M1, one of the actuators 20X1 What kind of 'actuators are we talking about?

Edited by anyUser
clarification requested

32 minutes ago, anyUser said:

On most technic boxes the production code is printed black letters on (only) one of the sealing tapes. It is (very) difficult to find and read. Older ones have them punched into the box material.

My box has 34M1, one of the actuators 20X1 What kind of 'actuators are we talking about?

There is older thread about the issue - With explanation about large linear actuators

Plus according to rebrickable there is difference in items https://rebrickable.com/sets/compare/slow/?1-set=8043-1&2-set=8043-1&1-inv=23672&2-inv=12610

I Will ask seller for pictures of all seals and all sides. He was unable to find anything else there so far..Plus we agreed upon hand to hand trade so it is really not like he is hiding info :)

Edited by tomfow

There was a issue with the actuators and some sets  had v1 infrared receivers and some v2.

I don't recall any other differences thus I am surprised by the rebrickable inventories.

If you manage to get the faulty actuators it is a cheap fix (buy some new actuator:) compared to the price of the set in a sealed box and it should work with v1 and v2 receivers. Why are you so interested in the version?

2 hours ago, m2fel said:

There was a issue with the actuators and some sets  had v1 infrared receivers and some v2. 

I don't recall any other differences thus I am surprised by the rebrickable inventories. 

If you manage to get the faulty actuators it is a cheap fix (buy some new actuator:) compared to the price of the set in a sealed box and it should work with v1 and v2 receivers. Why are you so interested in the version?

I know. It started just out of curiosity for both me and seller. Not saying the difference in parts (price) is so vast but seems it is not so easy to distinguish it and generally I like to know what Im buying.