evancelt

New LEGO Pirates Discord Server

On another topic, I just want to signal that you need to know that all of what is shared on discord should be considered as lost forever.

The content there is not indexed by search engines thus don't exist for anyone except the discord group members. Moreover, should Discord decide to change their commercial offer or close access to it for any reasons (look at what's happening to reddit currently), everything will be lost.

We usually don't care about our conversations  and data we create but I can give my own example: I've found eurobricks thanks to a search engine which led me to an old topic, then I've found other old ones that were really interesting even if they were like 10 years old. If it had been in Discord, I wouldn't have found the informations I was looking for. Eurobricks forum may look outdated to some but at least it belongs to us.

This is not to force you abandoning Discord, it's a great tool that I use on my side too, but I think we have to think of what we choose to post there instead of here (and it may not be evident what is useful or not)

Edited by CaptainMoore

7 minutes ago, CaptainMoore said:

On another topic, I just want to signal that you need to know that all of what is shared on discord should be considered as lost forever.

The content there is not indexed by search engines thus don't exist for anyone except the discord group members. Moreover, should Discord decide to change their commercial offer or close access to it for any reasons (look at what's happening to reddit currently), everything will be lost.

We usually don't care about our conversations  and data we create but I can give my own example: I've found eurobricks thanks to a search engine which led me to an old topic, then I've found other old ones that were really interesting even if they were like 10 years old. If it had been in Discord, I wouldn't have done the informations I was looking for. Eurobricks forum may look outdated to some but at least it belongs to us.

This is not to force you abandoning Discord, it's a great tool that I use on my side too, but I think we have to think of what we choose to post there instead of here (and it may not be evident what is useful or not)

Good points! I generally post things in both places (EB & Discord), though Discord is easier for conversations

7 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

It is spam/scam. Just check his other posts.

That's what i thought when i flagged the post, he should get banned but somehow it didn't happen..

2 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

It is spam/scam. Just check his other posts.

2 hours ago, CaptainMoore said:

That's what i thought when i flagged the post, he should get banned but somehow it didn't happen..

Apologies, I didn't look closely enough at all the posts when checking. Scrubbed now, so hopefully this conversation doesn't look too weird. Thanks for flagging.

Carry on mates!