KAMAZ-4310 is a Soviet and Russian large-tonnage cargo, off-road vehicle of the Kama Automobile Plant. A significant part of these machines were produced for the Soviet Army. But despite this, a huge number of civil modifications were produced on the basis of this car. It is hardly possible to find industries where this car has not been used. On the chassis of the car, side bodies, cranes, manipulators, tanks, logging trucks, etc. were installed.

I decided to choose a civilian version of the classic flatbed truck with folding sides. Like many of my recent works, this model is approximately 1:18 scale. It has a working suspension on all wheels: the front axle hangs on 4 trailing arms, the rear axles have a balancing suspension. The tires are from RC trucks. Unlike my previous KamAZ, this model is all-wheel drive. The drive is carried out by means of the L motor of the Control + system. The model is steered by the L motor in servo mode. There is a large Control + unit in the cockpit. In the future, I plan to build several modifications based on this car, such as a logging truck and a kung, I will be glad to hear your ideas.

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/legov94/

youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZYK7_ZVxMqp85JoDGo85mw

KamAZ-4310

KamAZ-4310KamAZ-4310KamAZ-4310KamAZ-4310KamAZ-4310KamAZ-4310

KamAZ-4310KamAZ-4310KamAZ-4310KamAZ-4310KamAZ-4310 and KamAZ-5310KamAZ-4310KamAZ-4310KamAZ-4310KamAZ-4310KamAZ-4310KamAZ-4310

Looks amazing as do your other mocs! The one thing that bothers me however, is the color vomit in the front axle. Other then that, absolutely fantastic moc!

Goodness.  These builds are terrifically built.  Wonderful details and the mechanics look spot on.  Solution for the A pillar is so clever...

Thank you for sharing.  

Edited by nerdsforprez

On 5/6/2022 at 8:22 PM, whitepen said:

Looks amazing as do your other mocs! The one thing that bothers me however, is the color vomit in the front axle. Other then that, absolutely fantastic moc!

Thanks! Already changed the yellow parts to gray)

On 5/6/2022 at 9:15 PM, nerdsforprez said:

Goodness.  These builds are terrifically built.  Wonderful details and the mechanics look spot on.  Solution for the A pillar is so clever...

Thank you for sharing.  

Thank you very mach!

Looks fantastic, but mechanically it is a bit overcrowded for me (I guess it is probably because of the scale). For example, in the front axle, the differential and the CV joints seem to be just loosely sandwiched in between the two frames, without actual support through axle holes, right? The driveshaft and the steering shaft also seems to be complex for what it does, for example the steering contains a bunch of small gears and joints, probably causing significant lag and loosing the precision of servo control (though still better than on-off control). And by the time the drive reaches the front axle from the motor, it goes through 6 U-joints if I see it right, which could be somewhat fragile (though that one L motor won't break anything). Nonetheless, I bet it works for your purpose, interesting solutions!

On 5/10/2022 at 12:05 AM, gyenesvi said:

Looks fantastic, but mechanically it is a bit overcrowded for me (I guess it is probably because of the scale). For example, in the front axle, the differential and the CV joints seem to be just loosely sandwiched in between the two frames, without actual support through axle holes, right? The driveshaft and the steering shaft also seems to be complex for what it does, for example the steering contains a bunch of small gears and joints, probably causing significant lag and loosing the precision of servo control (though still better than on-off control). And by the time the drive reaches the front axle from the motor, it goes through 6 U-joints if I see it right, which could be somewhat fragile (though that one L motor won't break anything). Nonetheless, I bet it works for your purpose, interesting solutions!

Thanks! 

Despite the complexity of the design, the model works quite well. Can overcome small unevenness on the bed or carpet.
Due to the small scale it is difficult to do otherwise.