legominiguy

Hi, I'm Matt!

And I'm very happy to be here! I'm 57 and live in California, USA and after a very long time away I have rediscovered the joys of LEGO through my 8-year-old (yes, I'm 57 - what can I say... my wife is very persuasive) and kindled a love of super hero LEGO so I can basically collect what I'm interested in without raising the ire of the aforementioned spouse. My big interest in the LEGO world besides minifigures is modular buildings. I design using Stud.io and because I'm an idiot, for my first project I started a model of the Daily Planet. I'm currently about 5,000 bricks in after nearly 270 hours of work. I didn't see a rule about posting images in the introductory forum but I don't want to be that guy. If it turns out to be allowed I can add some here after I confirm it's okay (I did see the bar below but I was afraid it's present always whether images are allowed or not).

All of that said, I'm thrilled to be here and I look forward to seeing what all of you post and to talk to new friends about all things LEGO!

On 3/18/2022 at 10:53 PM, legominiguy said:

(I did see the bar below but I was afraid it's present always whether images are allowed or not).

Hi Matt! (I can add you to the collection: One Brother in law, a college buddy and three different former co-workers!) 

Here on EB the uploader does not have space, it is really for an avatar. If you use any image hosts (I like Flickr and Imgur) then you can load images onto those sites and link them into posts and threads here on the forum. 

Hope you enjoy the site 

6 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Hi Matt! (I can add you to the collection: One Brother in law, a college buddy and three different former co-workers!) 

Here on EB the uploader does not have space, it is really for an avatar. If you use any image hosts (I like Flickr and Imgur) then you can load images onto those sites and link them into posts and threads here on the forum. 

Hope you enjoy the site 

Thank you very much for this information, it’s super useful, and you can definitely add me 😊. I love that the site is very proactive about spam and everyone seems so friendly!

5 hours ago, JopieK said:

@legominiguy welcome to Eurobricks. Enjoy your stay!

Thanks so much, and I just started exploring LEGO trains because they came up while I was learning about Power Up motors. I saw they have a train motor that looks super interesting. I think it'd be cool to use for a metro train in a LEGO city, say Metropolis. Of course were I to conscript a room in my house for that I'd be courting divorce. I'm still deciding if it's worth it... :laugh:

Great to have you.  I also enjoy building with my son he is big into Marvel.  Also this hobby will take up a lot of space in a short amount of time so the wife will find out soon enough lol.  I've got a whole room in the basement full of lego now and my wife thinks I'm nuts but I don't care I love it.  It's therapeutic and gets my creative juices flowing.  There is so much on this site to enjoy.