Sign in to follow this  
TheRacker

How to reverse motor direction in the Powered Up app?

I apologize if this isn't a great use of its own post, but I have googled a whole bunch and have no idea where to turn.

I just built a simple tracked vehicle out of my 42100. It has one motor for each track. All I want is for it to go forward when I push a throttle for each motor forward. But Lego has decided that simple play isn't allowed anymore like with PF, and after watching a video on how to even set up the powered up app and controller(which is ridiculous that I have to even do in the first place just to make two motors go forwards or backwarsd), I have to put one throttle forwards and one throttle backwards for my vehicle to go forwards, because I have the gears set up in opposite directions on each side. I thought it would be the easiest fix, because this software lets you control the motors in so many ways that there must be a simple toggle to change the motors output direction when the throttle is in a certain direction. For the life of me I couldn't find any such tool in the app, and googling isn't bringing up much either. 

Lego, I just want to make two motors spin. Power Functions was absolutely perfect and so intuitive. Powered Up seems like it has lots of possibilities, but holy crap it sucks for just messing around. Rant over.

So what in the world do I do to make a motor change its rotation direction when the throttle is pushed forward?

You could take input value and inverse it before it goes to the motor.  Then that motor goes in the opposite direction.

IMG-4673.jpg

Controlling two PU train motors back to back without a PF switch to reverse one of them.

1 hour ago, dr_spock said:

You could take input value and inverse it before it goes to the motor.  Then that motor goes in the opposite direction.

Controlling two PU train motors back to back without a PF switch to reverse one of them.

That looks like it ties both motors together though, I still want independent control of them so it can turn. 

Edit: nevermind I figured it out. I used that grey input block with the -1 on the one I wanted to reverse, but just kept it a single motor. Everything is working now. Thanks for the help.

Man powered up really could be a bit more user friendly. 

Edited by TheRacker