uPawelek

[MOC] Tower with a hidden chest

Hello!

Today I have for you another Hogwarts extension based on Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets PC game – Tower with a hidden chest. Since my previous build was quite extensive this time I challenged myself to make another one based on only one 8x8 plate and tried to include enough references that anyone who played the game can still easily recognize from where I got my inspiration.

640x640.jpg
640x640.jpg
640x640.jpg

The main feature is moving bookcase (Alohomora!) which reveals Flipendo plate that’s “activating” sliding floor. The opening takes you to the dungeons where you first need to defeat a Cornish Pixie (Rictusempra!) and then you can claim your reward (Wizard Card) from the chest by casting Alohomora at it. As an easter egg I have added a chocolate frog chilling safely by the water in an inaccessible area. To come back you need to cast Spongify on the carpet and you’re ready for further exploration. On the roof you will find a cauldron with Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans waiting to be knocked over with Flipendo.

640x640.jpg640x640.jpg

640x640.jpg640x640.jpg

640x640.jpg640x640.jpg

The most challenging part of the build was a bookcase which had to fit in 2x4 space and also needed to be movable. I was able to achieve that by using few brackets and 1x2 plates with clip. I played a little with the flask design and I think the outcome is satisfyingly close to the in-game model. If needed you can change it to combination of trans-red minifig head + trans-red jewel which also works very nicely.

640x640.jpg

The build is fully compatible with 2021 Hogwarts design and the roof is easily detachable if you would like to place a different segment on the top.
Since as for today Cornish Pixie model is not available in Stud.io I had to improvise with the bat but the part list contains the proper one. You can buy it together with the building instruction, stud.io file and the stickers sheet on rebrickable (Wizard Card is not included).

Cheers!

Edited by uPawelek
links

Very, very nice.

Interesting how you realised the flask.

Your making me growing the desire of pulling the game out of the cupboard and playing it again!

Flipendo!

13 hours ago, BrickMatit said:

Very, very nice.

4 hours ago, The Reader said:

That's great!

Thank you both! :)

Interesting how you realised the flask.

I have started from the design from the left but it looked so much better in my head so I had to scrap it ^^' I got rid of the cone and ended up with commonly known design but a piece with a short bar seemed like a got direction to go. Quickly I got to the 1L bar with tow ball but it looked kinda silly :) And then it struck me that what was missing was a wider neck at the end and that 1x1 round plate with empty stud would work perfectly. Unfortunately there is only few colors that these three pieces come in together but lucky enough red is one of them. Trans-red would be ideal but it is what it is :)

640x360.jpg

Your making me growing the desire of pulling the game out of the cupboard and playing it again!

You know what they say - there is no better day than today ;)

Edited by uPawelek