Sign in to follow this  
Mandalorianknight

Playing around with the 2022 snowtrooper battle pack/AT-AT expansion

I purchased four battle packs to complement the AT-AT, here's what I found/made:

IMG-8760.jpg

So first off, here's the components of the four battle packs all together: 12 snowtroopers, 4 scout troopers, 4 E-webs, 2 speeders, and then some stuff I made with the parts. I only needed 2 speeders to complete the AT-AT's racks, and even if I get more battle packs down the line I'd always have 2 more speeders than scouts, so I made a crashed speeder with the parts of one, and absorbed the parts of the other into the other builds. I used all the snow parts and some of the speeder to make that large snowy mound, as well as creating a small communication array with the parts left over.

IMG-8761.jpg

here are the mocs in closer detail. There's a good amount of standing space for the troopers, I think I could fit 9 if I packed them together even more. 

IMG-8762.jpg

Here is the AT-AT with the full complement so far: 16 troopers, 1 commander, and 4 scouts. I'm not sure yet whether the scouts will be permitted to sit in the snowtrooper seats or have to sit in the main hold, so for now they're mostly wandering around the walker. The commander is yelling at the scouts who sat down for taking the seats of the snowtroopers. :laugh: IMG-8763.jpg

And here's my collectible display with the battle packs added in. I like the little bit of atmosphere the crashed speeder and snow dune provide.

I'll definately update this when I buy more packs (as you can see I'm not even at half capacity of the walker), but I might wait for them to go on sale as I'm out of VIP points.

Looks amazing! I did the same thing and used my VIP points from the walker to make a start on filling it up. 

I’m still waiting for my battle packs to arrive. Do the scout troopers have many differences to the standard Endor scout troopers? Like more of a Arctic warfare equipment style on the printing?

3 hours ago, Tris637 said:

Do the scout troopers have many differences to the standard Endor scout troopers? Like more of a Arctic warfare equipment style on the printing?

The 'undersuit' is a light grey rather than black (to camouflage better I guess), there might be more subtle differences too.

4 hours ago, Tris637 said:

Looks amazing! I did the same thing and used my VIP points from the walker to make a start on filling it up. 

I’m still waiting for my battle packs to arrive. Do the scout troopers have many differences to the standard Endor scout troopers? Like more of a Arctic warfare equipment style on the printing?

The prints between the two figures are virtually identical in terms of outlines, with the the black undersuit substituted for grey where appropriate on the Hoth trooper. The only difference aside from that is the addition of a hose coming from the backpack-type thing that's printed on the rear, I presume for some sort of heating system. Other than that it's the same excellent figure.

Thanks for the info. I had my first box arrive tonight. Really impressed with all the figures, particularly the scout trooper.

12 hours ago, Tris637 said:

I'm glad you liked it! The snow fortress thing took a bit of time but I wanted to make something that was more complex than the official set's pretty basic build, and I think I managed that at least.

Their clothes under the armor are gray, as is any detail that would have been black rubber or cloth. The helmet is identical.

8 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

The 'undersuit' is a light grey rather than black (to camouflage better I guess), there might be more subtle differences too.

Like @TeddytheSpoon said, there's this little hose thingie on the back, but other than that and most black printing now being gray, there aren't any differences.