Mr No

Lego Avatar 2022/3 - Rumors & Discussion

Do you guys think we’ll get normal minfigs or a special Hagrid type figure for the Na’vi?

9 minutes ago, azog15 said:

Do you guys think we’ll get normal minfigs or a special Hagrid type figure for the Na’vi?

The Na'vi are taller than humans, but I think normal minifigs would look good and one inaccuracy like this wouldn't be so bad. I am very curious on how they do them. 

lego-ideas-avatar-the-illuminated-world-

I hope the sets will have lots of colors, the wildlife of Pandora is beautiful. 

I wonder if we will get confirmation at NYTF for the license. I doubt we will see any sets (we don't even have a trailer, yet). 

As the movie "avatar 2" comes out at the end of 2022, the sets should logically come out at the end of the year too, I think we’ll see the first images / leaks this summer. 

Edited by dimitri_bricks

7 hours ago, dimitri_bricks said:

As the movie "avatar 2" comes out at the end of 2022, the sets should logically come out at the end of the year too, I think we’ll see the first images / leaks this summer. 

The sets will most likely release in september or october. So yeah, we will get pics in the summer. 

I think I found the Avatar list, atleast I think so. It's more guess work here. Codename might be coconut and release date is october 1st, 2022 which makes sense for a december movie release to get toys in october. 

Lego Coconut 75571

Lego Coconut 75572

Lego Coconut 75573

Lego Coconut 75574

Edit. Coconut is Indiana Jones. 

Edited by Mr No

People on IG seem to think that “coconut” is Indy, but Avatar 2 is far more likely. The Indy sets were obviously supposed to tie-in with Indy 5’s previous release date so a June release is far more realistic :laugh:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

People on IG seem to think that “coconut” is Indy, but Avatar 2 is far more likely. The Indy sets were obviously supposed to tie-in with Indy 5’s previous release date so a June release is far more realistic :laugh:

GreekBricks thinks it's for Indy, atleast that's what I get from his IG post. But I think it is for Avatar 2, and I expect two more sets so Avatar 2 will get 6 sets and 1 Brickheadz pack. 

Edited by Mr No

9 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

I honestly wonder how much LEGO will put into this theme. I doubt more than one wave, but it would be interesting to see how they do even just the single wave. 

Avatar has 3 more sequels coming, I don't think the theme will go away after 1 wave. People still underestimate it. And Disney won't screw with it, the fact we even get sets tells you they are ready to invest in this franchise. 

I also think there won't be too many new moulds for the theme. I actually wonder how they will do the Na'vi minifigs, I guess most od the creatures can be brickbuilt and some small aliens could be new moulds. There will be lots of new prints and colors. 

Edited by Mr No

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like Avatar 2, Monkie Kid, and Creator are the only themes that don't have a 2HY set list yet. Shouldn't take too long before we see those as well :excited:

8 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like Avatar 2, Monkie Kid, and Creator are the only themes that don't have a 2HY set list yet. Shouldn't take too long before we see those as well :excited:

True :thumbup:

But keep in mind, we didn't get the full list for coconut either. 

The Creator list had already leaked a couple of weeks ago, forgot about that :blush: So Monkie Kid and Avatar 2 remain. The former makes sense since the theme’s not available at regular retailers in the west, but I wonder where the list for the latter is :shrug_oh_well:

5 minutes ago, MAB said:

I don't think they have them any more. Even the newer Woody minifigures didn't get old Woody's legs.

They probably don’t have the mold anymore because of stability reasons but I reckon they’d make something similar to old Woody’s legs for the Na’vi just as it would be a little silly having them be the same height of humans. 

On 1/4/2022 at 11:24 AM, Mr No said:

The Na'vi are taller than humans. 

Which, once again, is why LEGO should have continued the use of the tall legs. Could have worked for Nightmare before Christmas, Toy Story, something else I forgot, and now Avatar.

5 hours ago, Lego-fire said:

They probably don’t have the mold anymore because of stability reasons but I reckon they’d make something similar to old Woody’s legs for the Na’vi just as it would be a little silly having them be the same height of humans. 

They used that mold like twice, what would have been an issue with it? I'm pretty sure LEGO came out and said they just didn't like having taller legs in an interview.  I would bet money they will be about the same height as 'normal' minifigures.

I am ok with the Na'vi being the same size as minifigures, this is one inaccuracy I am ok with. 

8 minutes ago, Maple said:

I'm pretty sure LEGO came out and said they just didn't like having taller legs in an interview.

Wouldn‘t surprise me at all since the longer legs (and arms) kind of clash with the minifig‘s design philosophy. While I like the Toy Story 3 minifigs, I can see why they never brought the longer extremities back. Besides, I‘m not convinced they’d work with the Na‘vi anyway. Wouldn‘t their torsos and heads look comically small? :head_back:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Wouldn‘t surprise me at all since the longer legs (and arms) kind of clash with the minifig‘s design philosophy. While I like the Toy Story 3 minifigs, I can see why they never brought the longer extremities back. Besides, I‘m not convinced they’d work with the Na‘vi anyway. Wouldn‘t their torsos and heads look comically small? :head_back:

Did Woody have longer arms? I never realized that. What I remember from LEGO, what you say is right about the minifig design philosophy.

I still hope they can make new slightly taller legs for Avatar. I don't have a lot of hope for the theme, however I HATED minidolls until Elves so I'm hoping the Blue Avatar theme is similar. 

Edited by Maple

Of course, I prefer normal minifigs

original:0:0

I just hope the print won't be cartoonish.