Kintobor

Heroica: Glory Amongst the Star - Mission #8: The Enigmatic Mr. Fix-It

51740143826_10a87628c6_c.jpg

-----

The heroes descend down into Ebria Station’s docks. The grimy atmosphere and the whirring, humming, and churning of various machines within the system’s underbelly distill a claustrophobic atmosphere, the opposite of the shining, clean white jewel that is the Satyr’s Song. The light frigate is a polished, sleek looking light frigate, clearly armed for combat. A few of it’s twenty eight cannons poke out into the dock for inspection as crew members dart about in varying degrees of uniform, hauling in crates, inspecting the hull, and checking logistics. You are brought aboard by one such crew member and into the ship’s interior. Passing by elves and dwarves cleaning the floors and checking electrical panels, you each notice the ship’s interior is worn, but built with an eye for form as well as function. A whistle blows, echoing through the halls: last call before take off. Your guide makes it to the ship’s stern, opening a set of double doors and steps aside to allow to enter the cabin beyond.

51740783114_2be66dec1b_o.jpg

Astronomical charts line the port and starboard side of the cabin, as potted ferns droop down from planters mounted on the walls. Various nickknacks and battle trophies sit in glass cases, polished and dusted to make the glass look non-existent. Laid out in the centre of the cabin is a banquet feast of seafood, from crab, fish, lobster, and fresh steaming bread. Vegetables and fruit sit in fine china platters, while alcohol bottles sit next to a mismatched assortment of goblets and wine glasses. The spread of food, it’s spices and ingredients, smells heavenly. A small group of the crew wait to the side, sitting on stools with instruments in hand. At the head of the table, a tall, well built man with pointed ears and scruffy, gelled hair stands up, a gilded, thin blade at his hip. His uniform is looser and unbuttoned at the chest, exposing it and the undershirt he wears beneath his blue jumpsuit. To his left, a beautiful red bird coos and preens itself as it glows a faint orange hue. The elf raises his goblet in toast, smiling softly.

51740143911_479a6992f7_o.jpg
“Heroes of Heroica. My name is Ezra Nezzar, captain of the Satyr’s Song, and sworn privateer for Ark Victoire. It would be an honour if you would sit and dine with me as we discussed the matters regarding your employment. This meal is for you.” The band begins to swell as the doors behind the heroes close.

-The Heroes-

ice_bear_mech_profile.jpg
Polaris Ursaring [with M.I.L.E.S.]  (samurai-turtle) -PARTY LEADER-
15 cycle old female "Chimeran" 
Character Points:  0 / 22 
Vitality:  8 / 8 
Velocity:  2
Strength: 
Skill:  3
Smarts:  2
Spirit:  2 / 2
Proficiencies: Coding 1*, Engineering 1 (+1, tool), Medicine 1 (+1, tool), Melee Weapons 2, Nature 2,  Short Range Weapons 1, Long Range Weapons 1, 
Spells:  Healing Light, Spirit Ally, 
Credits:  32
Equipment: Mecha Strike (Standard, Kinetic, Melee Range Weapon), Utility Belt (tool) Grants +1 Engineering or Medicine Check Success, 
Inventory:  Whirlwind Boomerang (Standard, Elemental, Short Range Weapon), Plasma Potion (x5), Pulse Cannon (Calibrated, Energy, Long Range Weapon),

51620806566_d498f30bf5_t.jpg
Designation: B3R5 - 3rk (Dutch Thriceman)
Character Points: 0 / 14
Vitality: 6 / 6
Velocity: 2
Strength: 3
Skill: 2
Smarts: 1
Spirit: 1
Proficiencies: Melee Weapons 2, Intimidation 2, Athletics 2
Known Spells: None
Credits: 85
Equipment: Chain-Greatsword (Standard Kinetic Weapon) Mecha-Plate (Standard Kinetic Armour)
Inventory: Shield Booster, Energy Cell, Nanite Elixer, 2 Plasma Potions, Sawn-Off Shotgun (Standard Short Range Kinetic Weapon)

49267649646_d026d4f5c6_t.jpg
Yelana Fennix (Classic_Spaceman) 
Unknown age Female Human 
Character Points: 1/15 
Vitality:
Velocity: 3 
Strength:
Skill:
Smarts: 4 
Spirit: 0 
Proficiencies: Artillery Weapons 1, Perception 1, Insight 1, Stealth 1, Sleight of Hand 1 
Known Spells: N/A 
Equipment: Modular Sniper Rifle (Calibrated Energy Artillery Weapon), Radiation Gauntlet (Standard Energy Armour), Farsight Goggles 
Inventory: Cloaking Generator, Hacking Chip, Translator Cube, Plasma Potion 2x 
Credits: 80

MM Note: Welcome to Mission 8: The Enigmatic Mr. Fix-It. If there's any issues with your stats, let me know and I'll fix them. You each have 24 hours to confirm your involvement. I hope you're excited! :sweet:

Edited by Kintobor

Polaris felt a little embarrassed with all the fanfare going on. 

Hello Captain, is all this standard ceremony for your culture? It seem a little much for what could be something some considered mundane. 

Interesting bird, what species is it? 

OoC:

My stats look fine. Not sure why you are listening our lockers though.

1 hour ago, samurai-turtle said:

Polaris felt a little embarrassed with all the fanfare going on. 

Hello Captain, is all this standard ceremony for your culture? It seem a little much for what could be something some considered mundane. 

Interesting bird, what species is it?"

MM Note: Fixed. :thumbup:

Ezra waves his hand in dismissal, charmingly smiling at the chimeran.

"Miss Polaris, I assume? I would have prepared this feast for any guest aboard the Satyr's Song. Fresh lobster, fish, and crab; hand kneaded artisan bread; fruit and vegetables, grown farm fresh, and wines from the finest vineyards: all of this came from Aluriel." He motions to various dishes laid across the table as he speaks of them. "It is my gesture of hospitality to you before your mission begins and as we set off." At the mention of the bird, Ezra turns to the creature with a smile. "Ah, I see you've taken an interest in my starbolt phoenix, Rorrick." The phoenix bobs it head up and down before whistling and clicking it's beak.

51740379483_6ac3c0f4d8_o.jpg
"Skrea! Hell-oo! Skrea-ooo!" Rorrick greets the party, not unlike a parrot.

"Beautiful bird, isn't he?" Ezra scratches the starbolt phoenix underneath his chin as it leans into his finger, clearly enjoying the affection through the clicking of his beak.

Yelana walked through the frigate's corridors, sipping her tea and looking around at the ship's crew at work. As she steps into the captain's cabin, Yelana is surprised by its lavishness - And that of the feast before her. "A little much for such a low-level op", she thinks to herself; "Wonder what this guy wants. . . ". She ponders this as she sits down, placing her cup on the table and turning her seat to face Captain Nezzar. 

OoC: 

Spoiler

Insight check. Also, stats look good. 👍

Yelana Insight Check (DC: 2): (4,4,4,5) Four Successes

Yelana gets the feeling that beneath the charm and diplomacy, something is bothering Ezra. Although her initial thoughts on the job made her believe this was a low-level operation, it's clear something is lingering on the captain's mind.

8 hours ago, Kintobor said:

“Heroes of Heroica. My name is Ezra Nezzar, captain of the Satyr’s Song, and sworn privateer for Ark Victoire. It would be an honour if you would sit and dine with me as we discussed the matters regarding your employment. This meal is for you.” The band begins to swell as the doors behind the heroes close.

Now THIS is how one welcomes members of Heroica, Bers thinks to himself as he enters the cabin and takes a seat. What is that insufferable noise, though.

Might as well turn on some music instead, Bers start playing the latest pop sensation of New Port MegaCity, steaming Kawaii straight into his core matrix, as his head starts to bob awkwardly to a totally different rhythm then the band.

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

"Ah, I see you've taken an interest in my starbolt phoenix, Rorrick." The phoenix bobs it head up and down before whistling and clicking it's beak.

As the bird coincidentally happens to bob its head in exactly the same rhythm as the track, Bers exclaims a bit too loudly due to the music playing in his head:

51620806566_d498f30bf5_q.jpg "THIS UNIT GREETS YOU SIR, AND MIGHT I SAY, YOUR BIRD HAS A GREAT TASTE IN MUSIC!"

Hide contents

Just to clarify only Bers can hear the music playing inside his own head.

Edited by Dutch Thriceman

47 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

Yelana gets the feeling that beneath the charm and diplomacy, something is bothering Ezra. Although her initial thoughts on the job made her believe this was a low-level operation, it's clear something is lingering on the captain's mind.

Yelana took a long sip of her tea, then addressed Captain Nezzar. 
"Captain, I, we, appreciate the lengths you've gone to to welcome us, but if I may ask, if we could skip past the initial formalities, and you could tell us a bit more about the job you have for us?

OoC: 

Spoiler

Actions: De-equip Farsight Goggles -> Equip Translator Cube -> Persuasion check. 

21 minutes ago, Dutch Thriceman said:
51620806566_d498f30bf5_q.jpg "THIS UNIT GREETS YOU SIR, AND MIGHT I SAY, YOUR BIRD HAS A GREAT TASTE IN MUSIC!"

Yelana snaps her head around as the Adamite sits down at the table. 
"Bers - You good??"  

Ezra squints his eyes judgingly at Bers as he begins to listen to music. He side eyes the confused musicians and shakes his head. They continue playing.

"Yes, I am certain Rorrick very much enjoys your music, Bers, don't you?" Ezra turns to Rorrick, still nodding.

"Skreaaooo! *click click*"

"Well then, Miss Yelana, wanting to get straight to the chase? I can appreciate that. Why don't we begin to dine before our banquet goes cold, and I can go over the details?" Ezra takes his seat at the head of the table and places a piece of fish and a few scoops of salad next to it before finishing by topping up his goblet with wine from a corked bottle. "I understand the three of you have all been involved with at least one job prior to this one, no? I did a fairly thorough background check on each of you before I made my final decision on who I would be hiring for this job. Quite the curious things I found..." Ezra muses on the subject as he begins to cut into his fish with a fork and knife. The sound of metal cutlery lightly clanging on plates hovers over the sound of the band. "No matter, I am certain, as Miss Yelana stated, you want to know more about this mission. Please listen as I fill you each in on what your job is.

I have hired the three of you to investigate an individual on behalf of the intelligence council on Ark Victoire. For the past few months we have been searching for a notorious criminal known as Gorthizar Harrigan: a skilled warrior, an even more skilled craftsman of ships and weaponry, and last and most importantly, former captain of the Red Hand of Doom: the flagship for a pirate fleet Harrigan oversaw. He has been plundering League territory for quite some time: zipping his fleet in and out of shipping lanes and hauling off with credits, goods, and guns for the underground markets. For the past two years, from Drandora to Aluriel, he plundered and stole his way to infamy, but eventually the League had enough, particularly Aluriel. Ark Victoire has spent a vast amount of resources to cast a net wide enough to catch Gorthizar, and six months ago we almost had him. The security council on Ark Victoire had been notified of a raid Harrigan was planning in Aluriel's atmosphere by a tip off, and above Aluriel's skies was was where my comrades ambushed the pirate fleet. The Red Hand of Doom went down, regrettably crashing onto the surface, with all hands aboard accounted for and either found dead or arrested at the scene... all except for Harrigan. The manhunt has continued in this matter since then, searching for a ghost and investigating numerous dead ends... until very recently. One of our contacts on Aluriel reported that Harrigan had been spotted yet again on Aluriel's surface, this time in a small village called Knothole. However, he was not the cruel, reviled pirate captain he was known for, but rather went by the name Mr. Fix-It, and was kindly and generous to the people of the town. Heck, people seem to actually idolize him.

Before we could receive anymore information on the matter, our communication with the informant worryingly went dark. We have not heard from him since. Your job, heroes, is two fold: figure out who Mr. Fix-It is, and ensure no harm comes to Mr. Fix-It. You are not being hired to be judge, jury or executioner: that will be the job of League courts.

I am certain you three have questions regarding the situation, and I will answer them to the best of my ability." Ezra continues to dine on his meal as he awaits the heroes responses.

6 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Yelana snaps her head around as the Adamite sits down at the table. 
"Bers - You good??"

6 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Ezra squints his eyes judgingly at Bers as he begins to listen to music. He side eyes the confused musicians and shakes his head. They continue playing.

"Yes, I am certain Rorrick very much enjoys your music, Bers, don't you?" Ezra turns to Rorrick, still nodding.

Bers turns off his music as he processes the awkward rudeness of the situation.

51742075874_a08572ee3c_q.jpg "Ahem, sorry friend Yelana, all good. Please continue sir Ezra."

"Well then, Miss Yelana, wanting to get straight to the chase? I can appreciate that. Why don't we begin to dine before our banquet goes cold, and I can go over the details?" Ezra takes his seat at the head of the table and places a piece of fish and a few scoops of salad next to it before finishing by topping up his goblet with wine from a corked bottle. "I understand the three of you have all been involved with at least one job prior to this one, no? I did a fairly thorough background check on each of you before I made my final decision on who I would be hiring for this job. Quite the curious things I found..." Ezra muses on the subject as he begins to cut into his fish with a fork and knife. The sound of metal cutlery lightly clanging on plates hovers over the sound of the band. "No matter, I am certain, as Miss Yelana stated, you want to know more about this mission. Please listen as I fill you each in on what your job is.

I have hired the three of you to investigate an individual on behalf of the intelligence council on Ark Victoire. For the past few months we have been searching for a notorious criminal known as Gorthizar Harrigan: a skilled warrior, an even more skilled craftsman of ships and weaponry, and last and most importantly, former captain of the Red Hand of Doom: the flagship for a pirate fleet Harrigan oversaw. He has been plundering League territory for quite some time: zipping his fleet in and out of shipping lanes and hauling off with credits, goods, and guns for the underground markets. For the past two years, from Drandora to Aluriel, he plundered and stole his way to infamy, but eventually the League had enough, particularly Aluriel. Ark Victoire has spent a vast amount of resources to cast a net wide enough to catch Gorthizar, and six months ago we almost had him. The security council on Ark Victoire had been notified of a raid Harrigan was planning in Aluriel's atmosphere by a tip off, and above Aluriel's skies was was where my comrades ambushed the pirate fleet. The Red Hand of Doom went down, regrettably crashing onto the surface, with all hands aboard accounted for and either found dead or arrested at the scene... all except for Harrigan. The manhunt has continued in this matter since then, searching for a ghost and investigating numerous dead ends... until very recently. One of our contacts on Aluriel reported that Harrigan had been spotted yet again on Aluriel's surface, this time in a small village called Knothole. However, he was not the cruel, reviled pirate captain he was known for, but rather went by the name Mr. Fix-It, and was kindly and generous to the people of the town. Heck, people seem to actually idolize him.

Before we could receive anymore information on the matter, our communication with the informant worryingly went dark. We have not heard from him since. Your job, heroes, is two fold: figure out who Mr. Fix-It is, and ensure no harm comes to Mr. Fix-It. You are not being hired to be judge, jury or executioner: that will be the job of League courts.

I am certain you three have questions regarding the situation, and I will answer them to the best of my ability." Ezra continues to dine on his meal as he awaits the heroes responses.

51622013670_652656d062_q.jpg "Ah yes, understandibly you would hire the elite unit of Heroica."

Although Bers hasn't gone on a mission with Yelana or Polaris yet, he is the type to have blind faith in his comrades ... and the type to grossly overestimate himself.

51726209860_4be16101f0_q.jpg "I do have a question actually, although we are ofcourse not judge, jury or execurtioner.. what if the 'package' happens to, accidentally, get damaged before delivery?"

9 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Ezra waves his hand in dismissal, charmingly smiling at the chimeran.

"Miss Polaris, I assume? I would have prepared this feast for any guest aboard the Satyr's Song. Fresh lobster, fish, and crab; hand kneaded artisan bread; fruit and vegetables, grown farm fresh, and wines from the finest vineyards: all of this came from Aluriel." He motions to various dishes laid across the table as he speaks of them. "It is my gesture of hospitality to you before your mission begins and as we set off." At the mention of the bird, Ezra turns to the creature with a smile. "Ah, I see you've taken an interest in my starbolt phoenix, Rorrick." The phoenix bobs it head up and down before whistling and clicking it's beak.

"Skrea! Hell-oo! Skrea-ooo!" Rorrick greets the party, not unlike a parrot.

"Beautiful bird, isn't he?" Ezra scratches the starbolt phoenix underneath his chin as it leans into his finger, clearly enjoying the affection through the clicking of his beak.

Yes. Answering his initial question. It just seems like a lot of food I don't know if I can eat it all at once. I might need some sort of take home bag for half if it. 

The bird is interesting. I guess I just like owls more. 

7 hours ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

Reveal hidden contents

Just to clarify only Bers can hear the music playing inside his own head.

Polaris wrenches at the sudden loud noise. Bers, please use your indoor voice. 

7 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Yelana took a long sip of her tea, then addressed Captain Nezzar. 
"Captain, I, we, appreciate the lengths you've gone to to welcome us, but if I may ask, if we could skip past the initial formalities, and you could tell us a bit more about the job you have for us?

Reveal hidden contents

Actions: De-equip Farsight Goggles -> Equip Translator Cube -> Persuasion check. 

A little one the nose their, it's Yelana? 

You don't want us to find out what happened to your informant? So are we to capture this "Mr. Fit-It"? 

Part of me wonders if this "Mr. Fix-It" is some local person that just made it big. And trying to return some favor to the "hometown". 

52 minutes ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

51726209860_4be16101f0_q.jpg "I do have a question actually, although we are ofcourse not judge, jury or execurtioner.. what if the 'package' happens to, accidentally, get damaged before delivery?"

Bers, lest not "accidentally damage" (and Polaris used her "hands" to make air quotes) the package, I mean "Mr. Fix-It". 

2 hours ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

51622013670_652656d062_q.jpg "Ah yes, understandibly you would hire the elite unit of Heroica."

Although Bers hasn't gone on a mission with Yelana or Polaris yet, he is the type to have blind faith in his comrades ... and the type to grossly overestimate himself.

51726209860_4be16101f0_q.jpg "I do have a question actually, although we are of course not judge, jury or execurtioner.. what if the 'package' happens to, accidentally, get damaged before delivery?"

"You should try your best to ensure Fix-It stays in one piece." Ezra responds. "I think by responding Polaris' question you will have a better understanding of why I want him alive, Bers."

2 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Yes. Answering his initial question. It just seems like a lot of food I don't know if I can eat it all at once. I might need some sort of take home bag for half if it. 

The bird is interesting. I guess I just like owls more. 

Polaris wrenches at the sudden loud noise. Bers, please use your indoor voice. 

You don't want us to find out what happened to your informant? So are we to capture this "Mr. Fit-It"? 

Part of me wonders if this "Mr. Fix-It" is some local person that just made it big. And trying to return some favor to the "hometown". 

Bers, lest not "accidentally damage" (and Polaris used her "hands" to make air quotes) the package, I mean "Mr. Fix-It". 

"Anything you do not eat will either be stored in the galley for whoever wants it, or I suppose you three could take some with you if you care for some takeaway. Although, Knothole, and most of Aluriel, are in the midst of celebrating Harvest Week, which leads up to the Day of Solitude, so I can imagine you won't be at a loss for food on your mission.

I can understand enjoying owls more, but I find Rorrick to be an affectionate and helpful ally when I need him." The bird coos as his name is mentioned.

Ezra scratches his chin in contemplation at the mention at the missing informant. "Perhaps I should elaborate what I want from you. I imagine the missing informant did not merely go missing. Teclion was a trusted informant for Ark Victoire, and his disappearance is deeply suspicious. Aluriel is a fairly safe planet. There are criminal elements, and beasts do stalk forests and valleys, but it is nothing akin to, say, a planet further from the sphere of influence of the League, or even the Empire for that matter. As much as part of me wishes to believe he went missing, I suspect foul play. I have reason to believe that Fix-It is danger, and the League council of Ark Fraternite wants Fix-It alive for trial. Your job is to ensure that nothing threatens Fix-It's safety before my crew and I grab him for travel back to Ark Fraternite. I also would like you three to snoop around and figure out if Mr. Fix-It is actually Harrigan or not. Harrigan was described as having a large black beard and a scrap metal cap protecting part of his head. He is also an O'Kor'Uk. Shouldn't be too hard to find, as the description left by Teclion matched Harrigan's description.

If there is something that threatens Fix-It and our attempt to bring him in front of a judge, I want them removed from the equation. I also would like you three to see if you can come to a decisive conclusion as to whether or not Fix-It is Harrigan or not. You are not here to pick up Harrigan and arrest him." Ezra rubs the bridge of his nose with his hand. "So please do not attempt to do so."

3 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

51620806566_d498f30bf5_q.jpg "Ofcourse not friend Polaris, but these kind of missions are unpredictable."

Ezra scratches his chin in contemplation at the mention at the missing informant. "Perhaps I should elaborate what I want from you. I imagine the missing informant did not merely go missing. Teclion was a trusted informant for Ark Victoire, and his disappearance is deeply suspicious. Aluriel is a fairly safe planet. There are criminal elements, and beasts do stalk forests and valleys, but it is nothing akin to, say, a planet further from the sphere of influence of the League, or even the Empire for that matter. As much as part of me wishes to believe he went missing, I suspect foul play. I have reason to believe that Fix-It is danger, and the League council of Ark Fraternite wants Fix-It alive for trial. Your job is to ensure that nothing threatens Fix-It's safety before my crew and I grab him for travel back to Ark Fraternite. I also would like you three to snoop around and figure out if Mr. Fix-It is actually Harrigan or not. Harrigan was described as having a large black beard and a scrap metal cap protecting part of his head. He is also an O'Kor'Uk. Shouldn't be too hard to find, as the description left by Teclion matched Harrigan's description.

If there is something that threatens Fix-It and our attempt to bring him in front of a judge, I want them removed from the equation. I also would like you three to see if you can come to a decisive conclusion as to whether or not Fix-It is Harrigan or not. You are not here to pick up Harrigan and arrest him." Ezra rubs the bridge of his nose with his hand. "So please do not attempt to do so."

51742652489_93e08fd419_q.jpg "Alright so to summarize, uncover, recover and protect the package at all costs."

2 hours ago, Kintobor said:

I can understand enjoying owls more, but I find Rorrick to be an affectionate and helpful ally when I need him." The bird coos as his name is mentioned.

For the first time MILES spoke up in his standard mono tone voice. 

/// Greetings, creature Rorrick. Do you say anything else besides Hello? 

/// Maybe I should study these "birds" more. There movement might be helpful for defense purposes. 

Are you getting more "ideas" MILES? 

/// Improvements can happen any ware and to anything. 

3 hours ago, Kintobor said:

So, basically we are to ID "Mr. Fix-It" and your crew is to grab them. But if Harrigan is not Fix-It and getting in our way, Bers can "damage" him all he wants? 

15 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"I understand the three of you have all been involved with at least one job prior to this one, no? I did a fairly thorough background check on each of you before I made my final decision on who I would be hiring for this job. Quite the curious things I found..."

Yelana raised an eyebrow. 
"'Curious'? How so?

OoC: 

Spoiler

Insight check. 

15 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"I have hired the three of you to investigate an individual on behalf of the intelligence council on Ark Victoire. For the past few months we have been searching for a notorious criminal known as Gorthizar Harrigan: a skilled warrior, an even more skilled craftsman of ships and weaponry, and last and most importantly, former captain of the Red Hand of Doom: the flagship for a pirate fleet Harrigan oversaw. He has been plundering League territory for quite some time: zipping his fleet in and out of shipping lanes and hauling off with credits, goods, and guns for the underground markets. For the past two years, from Drandora to Aluriel, he plundered and stole his way to infamy, but eventually the League had enough, particularly Aluriel. Ark Victoire has spent a vast amount of resources to cast a net wide enough to catch Gorthizar, and six months ago we almost had him. The security council on Ark Victoire had been notified of a raid Harrigan was planning in Aluriel's atmosphere by a tip off, and above Aluriel's skies was was where my comrades ambushed the pirate fleet. The Red Hand of Doom went down, regrettably crashing onto the surface, with all hands aboard accounted for and either found dead or arrested at the scene... all except for Harrigan. The manhunt has continued in this matter since then, searching for a ghost and investigating numerous dead ends... until very recently. One of our contacts on Aluriel reported that Harrigan had been spotted yet again on Aluriel's surface, this time in a small village called Knothole. However, he was not the cruel, reviled pirate captain he was known for, but rather went by the name Mr. Fix-It, and was kindly and generous to the people of the town. Heck, people seem to actually idolize him." 

Tapping her fingers on her cup of tea, Yelana listens intently to Captain Nezzar. 
"So, how much does the intelligence council really know about Harrigan? You said his crime spree lasted about two years - What did he do before then? Who was he, before he became a notorious pirate? And are we sure the tip-off was legit? The informant could've been a double agent, and Harrigan was never on the Red Hand to begin with. . . But that doesn't explain a potential sighting on Aluriel." 
Yelana thought for a moment. 
"What about Quantum Transposition? What tactics did he typically use in his raids? It's possible he teleported off the ship right before it went down, then lay low for the next six months. That'd explain why he's still on Aluriel - if 'Mr. Fix-It' actually is Harrigan - But why Knothole? Small towns are a great place to hide - If you don't mind everyone being up in your business. Word travels fast, and someone as notorious as Harrigan would likely be recognised - and gossiped about - in less than six months. . . " 

9 hours ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

51742075874_a08572ee3c_q.jpg "Ahem, sorry friend Yelana, all good. Please continue sir Ezra."

Yelana nods to Bers in affirmation. 

8 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

"I appreciate hospitality, Polaris, but we are here to do a job - Let's not forget that." 

"Perhaps I should elaborate what I want from you. I imagine the missing informant did not merely go missing. Teclion was a trusted informant for Ark Victoire, and his disappearance is deeply suspicious. Aluriel is a fairly safe planet. There are criminal elements, and beasts do stalk forests and valleys, but it is nothing akin to, say, a planet further from the sphere of influence of the League, or even the Empire for that matter."

"What about Hungry Ghosts? They can be dangerous. . . Though if one were around, you've picked up the rad signature." 

"As much as part of me wishes to believe he went missing, I suspect foul play. I have reason to believe that Fix-It is danger, and the League council of Ark Fraternite wants Fix-It alive for trial. Your job is to ensure that nothing threatens Fix-It's safety before my crew and I grab him for travel back to Ark Fraternite." 

Yelana sips her tea again as she listens. 
"Interesting. . . Is it possible Harrigan's the one behind Teclion's disappearance? And what makes you believe our target - Harrigan, or 'Fix-It', or whoever it is - is in danger? Does Harrigan have enemies within the intel council who'd take the case into their own hands, once they had his location? Or former associates trying to silence him before the trial?

"I also would like you three to snoop around and figure out if Mr. Fix-It is actually Harrigan or not. Harrigan was described as having a large black beard and a scrap metal cap protecting part of his head. He is also an O'Kor'Uk. Shouldn't be too hard to find, as the description left by Teclion matched Harrigan's description."

"That's not enough to go on; he just sounds like some random blacksmith or scrapper. . . Do you have any pictures or holos of Harrigan? Voice recordings? Genetic material that we can compare with Fix-It's?don't want this turning into a case of racial profiling." 

OoC: 

Spoiler

I think that the bold text in the last paragraph would constitute Persuasion checks (and Yelana still has the Translator Cube equipped). 

"If there is something that threatens Fix-It and our attempt to bring him in front of a judge, I want them removed from the equation. I also would like you three to see if you can come to a decisive conclusion as to whether or not Fix-It is Harrigan or not. You are not here to pick up Harrigan and arrest him." Ezra rubs the bridge of his nose with his hand. "So please do not attempt to do so."

"Now, if it turns out that Fix-It is Harrigan, and he finds out about our investigation and tries to run, what's our move? Just let him go, or try to arrest him? My rifle has a stun setting - it's actually what I use most often - so I can make sure we bring him in alive.

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

8 hours ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

51742652489_93e08fd419_q.jpg "Alright so to summarize, uncover, recover and protect the package at all costs."

"I suppose that is a succinct way of putting it, Bers." Ezra nods as he eats another piece of fish, looking back to his plate to cut his fillet into more manageable bites.

7 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

For the first time MILES spoke up in his standard mono tone voice. 

/// Greetings, creature Rorrick. Do you say anything else besides Hello?

So, basically we are to ID "Mr. Fix-It" and your crew is to grab them. But if Harrigan is not Fix-It and getting in our way, Bers can "damage" him all he wants? 

"Skreaaooo!! Swab the deck! Batten down the hatches! Port to starboard!" Ezra chuckles as Rorrick begins barking commands.

"Starbolt phoenixes are known for their speed and grace, but also their ability to mimic speech. He's been in my family for a long time, and when I took up my commission I brought him with me." Ezra picks a piece of fish off his plate with his fingers and lifts it to Rorrick, who inspects it curiously before gently grabbing it with his beak and devouring it. "I would prefer it if you do not damage anyone unless they are being a hostile threat to you. Should Fix-It turn out to be Harrigan in disguise and he attacks you, I would expect nothing less than for each of you to defend yourselves, as is your right."

4 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Yelana raised an eyebrow. 
"'Curious'? How so?"

Ezra's eyebrows raise in interest as he wipes his mouth with his napkin, setting his cutlery down and looking to Yelana.

"My job involves dealing with a number of people, Miss Fennix. You and I are cut from a similar cloth. Information is our occupation and gathering it is our specialty. It is only natural I would go digging through what I could find on you three as a means to ascertain your ability. Despite some issues, I believe the three of you are more than capable of handling the situation if you work as a team."

Tapping her fingers on her cup of tea, Yelana listens intently to Captain Nezzar. 
"So, how much does the intelligence council really know about Harrigan? You said his crime spree lasted about two years - What did he do before then? Who was he, before he became a notorious pirate? And are we sure the tip-off was legit? The informant could've been a double agent, and Harrigan was never on the Red Hand to begin with. . . But that doesn't explain a potential sighting on Aluriel." 
Yelana thought for a moment. 
"What about Quantum Transposition? What tactics did he typically use in his raids? It's possible he teleported off the ship right before it went down, then lay low for the next six months. That'd explain why he's still on Aluriel - if 'Mr. Fix-It' actually is Harrigan - But why Knothole? Small towns are a great place to hide - If you don't mind everyone being up in your business. Word travels fast, and someone as notorious as Harrigan would likely be recognised - and gossiped about - in less than six months. . . "

"We have quite a bit of information on Harrigan, actually. Before he became a pirate, he was a mechanic working contract jobs. The war broke out and the need for ship hands and mechanics increased exponentially, and Harrigan, like many others, joined up with the League navy. After the war ended, the need for these mechanics decreased, and Harrigan was one of the last to be discharged from the navy. A few years later, he hooked up with some of his former shipmates, retrofitted a ship, and flew off into the stars, beginning their crime spree. The tip-off came from a turn-coat. Said turn-coat is currently experiencing a reduced sentence in a League prison." At the mention of magic, Ezra shrugs his shoulders calmly. "It is entirely possible that Harrigan used some kind of magic to teleport himself out of the area. We have no reports of him using magic personally, but he might have had someone else cast it for him. As for Knothole, it was fairly close to the crash site of the Red Hand. In the end, though, these are questions your report should answer."

Yelana sips her tea again as she listens. 

"Interesting. . . Is it possible Harrigan's the one behind Teclion's disappearance? And what makes you believe our target - Harrigan, or 'Fix-It', or whoever it is - is in danger? Does Harrigan have enemies within the intel council who'd take the case into their own hands, once they had his location? Or former associates trying to silence him before the trial?"

"It is a possibility Harrigan is responsible for Teclion's disappearance. I am not ruling that out, but I also do not know the ground situation. My only believe about Harrigan being in danger is the disappearance of our contact. If the contact hasn't responded, it means something has gone awry.

Harrigan has made a number of enemies, but most individuals in Ark Victoire's intelligence council understand the penalty for acting out of order before Harrigan makes it to trial. Former associates on the other hand... hmm, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of other pirates, either loyal to Harrigan or otherwise, being involved somehow. Harrigan had few friends, and not all of his fleet was destroyed in the battle above Aluriel. Again, without knowing the situation in Knothole, I cannot give you a clear answer."

"That's not enough to go on; he just sounds like some random blacksmith or scrapper. . . Do you have any pictures or holos of Harrigan? Voice recordings? Genetic material that we can compare with Fix-It's?don't want this turning into a case of racial profiling."

"I can provide you a picture of Harrigan once we make it to Aluriel. His wanted poster shouldn't be too hard to pull up. I assure you, this is an instance of you will know him when you see him, you won't need to worry about getting- oh what are they referring to it as nowadays? Cancelled? You won't get cancelled for confronting Fix-It, Miss Fennix." Ezra groans at the use of modern parlance.

"Now, if it turns out that Fix-It is Harrigan, and he finds out about our investigation and tries to run, what's our move? Just let him go, or try to arrest him? My rifle has a stun setting - it's actually what I use most often - so I can make sure we bring him in alive."

"I would prefer in that case you try and apprehend him, but if push comes to shove, kill him. I can handle the political minefield that you three are not equipped to handle. This operation was put under my purview, and if a trio of mercenaries put a blaster round into Harrigan's head, it'll look less bad than if one of my men did so." Ezra gently lifts his wine glass to his lips and drinks from it silently. He swishes the dark purple liquid around before placing it back on the table.

"I have answered quite a few of your questions, and yet I have not had a chance to ask some of mine. Heroica is a new organization: not nearly as entrenched as many others in the galaxy. I am curious. If you don't mind me asking the three of you, what made you join Heroica?" Ezra clasps his hands, elbows on the table as he intently waits for the heroes responses.

"My job involves dealing with a number of people, Miss Fennix. You and I are cut from a similar cloth. Information is our occupation and gathering it is our specialty. It is only natural I would go digging through what I could find on you three as a means to ascertain your ability. Despite some issues, I believe the three of you are more than capable of handling the situation if you work as a team."

"I would prefer in that case you try and apprehend him, but if push comes to shove, kill him. I can handle the political minefield that you three are not equipped to handle. This operation was put under my purview, and if a trio of mercenaries put a blaster round into Harrigan's head, it'll look less bad than if one of my men did so." Ezra gently lifts his wine glass to his lips and drinks from it silently. He swishes the dark purple liquid around before placing it back on the table.

"I have answered quite a few of your questions, and yet I have not had a chance to ask some of mine. Heroica is a new organization: not nearly as entrenched as many others in the galaxy. I am curious. If you don't mind me asking the three of you, what made you join Heroica?" Ezra clasps his hands, elbows on the table as he intently waits for the heroes responses.

51743268666_6f3242a4ae_q.jpg

"Really sir Ezra, this unit thinks you would already know. I guess you want to hear it from the flesh and metals mouths themselves."

Bers contemplates his awnser for a moment, as the lights of his core matrix processors flare up at the sides of his head.

"Well primary motive to join was being a jobless vagrant, in need of credits and by extention the organic compound known as Alcohol which is this body's fuel or sustenance if you will. This unit build function designation is Warbot, therefor Heroica seemed like a logical place to earn credits and utilize this units assets. Discovering that Heroica provides free sustenance and lodging to it's members was a most pleasing revelation, so as long as this unit can remain of service it needs are met and therefor allowing me to improve my skills and assets instead to remain of service. Secondary this unit experienced much disdain from meatlings before joining Heroica and... experienced a sensation known to fleshbags as loneliness, until joining Heroica that is. Friends like Yelana and M.I.L.E.S. were quite nice to this unit straight away. Therefor staying in service of Heroica eliminates 'loneliness' and makes this unit feel good/happy/content."

"Starbolt phoenixes are known for their speed and grace, but also their ability to mimic speech. He's been in my family for a long time, and when I took up my commission I brought him with me." 

"Sounds handy", Yelana says, thinking of the potential uses for such a creature

OoC: 

Spoiler

Nature check to determine if Starbolt Phoenixes can be used to record (or fake recordings of) people. 

"We have quite a bit of information on Harrigan, actually. Before he became a pirate, he was a mechanic working contract jobs. The war broke out and the need for ship hands and mechanics increased exponentially, and Harrigan, like many others, joined up with the League navy. After the war ended, the need for these mechanics decreased, and Harrigan was one of the last to be discharged from the navy. A few years later, he hooked up with some of his former shipmates, retrofitted a ship, and flew off into the stars, beginning their crime spree. The tip-off came from a turn-coat. Said turn-coat is currently experiencing a reduced sentence in a League prison."

"Was Harrigan a League citizen, or did he just join up with them during the War? And why hasn't the ITA gotten involved? The SP was founded to protect corporate interests, so I'm surprised his former associate is in League custody instead of behind laser-bars." 

"I can provide you a picture of Harrigan once we make it to Aluriel. His wanted poster shouldn't be too hard to pull up. I assure you, this is an instance of you will know him when you see him, you won't need to worry about getting- oh what are they referring to it as nowadays? Cancelled? You won't get cancelled for confronting Fix-It, Miss Fennix." Ezra groans at the use of modern parlance.

"Oh, I'm not worried about getting cancelled - I'm worried about getting the wrong person arrested. I mean, that's why you hired us, isn't it - To make sure that you have the right guy?

OoC: 

Spoiler

Insight check to determine if Nezzar may have ulterior motives in hiring the Heroes (since he somewhat dodged Yelana's request for information that is directly related to the stated purpose of their mission). 

Yelana takes a sip of tea. 
"Makes sense. . . I'm getting it." 

OoC: 

Spoiler

Another Insight check, this time to determine if Nezzar wants the Heroes to kill Harrigan/Fix-It (and if he generally wants Harrigan dead). 

"Well, it's like you said", Yelana replied coyly, "Information is my occupation, and gathering it is my specialty." Punctuating her words with a smirk and a look in her eyes somewhere between flirtation and deep suspicion, she took another sip of tea. Putting down her cup, she addressed Nezzar again. 
"So, let me throw that back at you - What made you choose Heroica for this mission?

OoC: 

Spoiler

Insight check again! 

OoC: 

Spoiler

General note: Yelana's comment about laser-bars is (obviously?) a reference to the SP1 prison pods. 

1 hour ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

"This unit build function designation is Warbot, therefor Heroica seemed like a logical place to earn credits and utilize this units assets."

"So, Bers, do you know who built you? I'm wondering. . . Who makes sentient Warbots? The ones I'm familiar with are all Deadcode." 

3 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"Skreaaooo!! Swab the deck! Batten down the hatches! Port to starboard!" Ezra chuckles as Rorrick begins barking commands.

/// Interesting, a low level of intelligence is indicated at least. 

What, you said you did background checks on us. And yet claim to not know why we joined up. Well basically I was assigned to join Heroics for my home government Ne'xo Chi (Commonwealth). The rest I am sure you know, their was an accident with a landmine that messed up my right leg. That is when Polaris tapped her crystalized leg with her "hand". Eventually learning enough to become a medic. And then getting assigned with MILES here to join up with the organization. I guess my government wants to increase their knowledge of the Galaxy. This might be a good way to do that, so I was told. 

1 hour ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

"Well primary motive to join was being a jobless vagrant, in need of credits and by extention the organic compound known as Alcohol which is this body's fuel or sustenance if you will. This unit build function designation is Warbot, therefor Heroica seemed like a logical place to earn credits and utilize this units assets. Discovering that Heroica provides free sustenance and lodging to it's members was a most pleasing revelation, so as long as this unit can remain of service it needs are met and therefor allowing me to improve my skills and assets instead to remain of service. Secondary this unit experienced much disdain from meatlings before joining Heroica and... experienced a sensation known to fleshbags as loneliness, until joining Heroica that is. Friends like Yelana and M.I.L.E.S. were quite nice to this unit straight away. Therefor staying in service of Heroica eliminates 'loneliness' and makes this unit feel good/happy/content."

34 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"So, Bers, do you know who built you? I'm wondering. . . Who makes sentient Warbots? The ones I'm familiar with are all Deadcode." 

I think Warbot might be  just be a generic term. MILES could be considered a Warbot in some circles. 

/// My proper designation is a exo suit. 

5 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

I think Warbot might be  just be a generic term. MILES could be considered a Warbot in some circles. 

/// My proper designation is a exo suit. 

51620806566_d498f30bf5_q.jpg

"Yes friend Polaris, like my fellow Adamite friend Kirwin whom I went on my previous mission with. He was designed and geared much more towards mechanical engineering/technological kind of labour. While this unit is specifically designed for close quarters combat functions/operations."

5 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

51622013670_652656d062_q.jpg

"You are indeed quite a curious meatling friend Yelana, however this is alright, I will tell you what I know concerning my creation. I was built by Carrie Ward, that is what the Adamite who oversaw my creation called herself. I remember refering to her as 'mother' at a time. I was then taken away by *memory blocker enabled* and deployed in the *memory blocker enabled* wars. Also I can not tell you of the 'how' of my creation even if you were to ever try to disable the memory blocker, as you may well know this is an Adamite secret and talking about it is impossible as per our Core Code. To try and get an Adamite to speak of this would result in an outcome equal to what fleshlings refer to as Death for the Adamite. Anyway after the events at *memory blocker enabled* I suddenly found myself alone with no family/friends.. or home.. or credits to my name and most of my memories blocked. Which after a few odd jobs and hitchhikes eventually led me to Heroica Hall."

20 hours ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

"Really sir Ezra, this unit thinks you would already know. I guess you want to hear it from the flesh and metals mouths themselves."

Bers contemplates his awnser for a moment, as the lights of his core matrix processors flare up at the sides of his head.

"Bers, with all due respect, I am part of a spy ring, not a group of mind readers." Ezra chuckles. "I am aware of some of your... prior exploits: the job you did in Cosmopoli, and your designation as a warbot. A few other things came up, but nothing too exciting. Needless to say, I do understand loneliness being a driving factor in finding work. A few of the crew members aboard the Satyr's Song were looking for friendship and camaraderie."

19 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"Sounds handy", Yelana says, thinking of the potential uses for such a creature.

Yelana Nature Check (DC: 1): (1,3,3) Three Failures

Yelana isn't quite sure if the starbolt phoenix could be used for anything related to her occupation, other than being kind of a neat pet.

"Was Harrigan a League citizen, or did he just join up with them during the War? And why hasn't the ITA gotten involved? The SP was founded to protect corporate interests, so I'm surprised his former associate is in League custody instead of behind laser-bars."

"Harrigan has status as a League citizen. He was born in League territory, and is therefore granted citizenship. The reason the ITA has not gotten involved is because we do not want them involved in this matter." Ezra takes a long sip from his wine glass before continuing, looking to Yelana. "Ark Victoire's security council and the ITA do not always see eye to eye on matters. As much as I do appreciate their assistance when necessary, what this operation requires is a more delicate touch. I do not need the ITA rolling up into Knothole and banging on doors during the midst of a cultural observance." He places his goblet down and looks each of the heroes in the eyes as he speaks. "So do not go around and performing actions that would get them involved."

"Oh, I'm not worried about getting cancelled - I'm worried about getting the wrong person arrested. I mean, that's why you hired us, isn't it - To make sure that you have the right guy?"

Yelana Insight Check (DC:1): (3,3,4,5) Two Successes

"As am I. If this individual does happen to not be Harrigan, and this all happens to be a series of happy coincidences, you will still receive the money promised for completing the job put forward to you. Of course, I'd prefer him in custody, Miss Fennix." Yelana seems confident Ezra is being truthful and open to the party. If he was being deceitful, he wasn't doing a good job of hiding it. She also gets an inkling that although Ezra might have past experiences with Harrigan, he would prefer to see justice run its course and Harrigan be arrested for his crimes to stand trial. His interest seemed more in the heroes safety should they find themselves in trouble over following a legal procedure.

20 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"Well, it's like you said", Yelana replied coyly, "Information is my occupation, and gathering it is my specialty." Punctuating her words with a smirk and a look in her eyes somewhere between flirtation and deep suspicion, she took another sip of tea. Putting down her cup, she addressed Nezzar again. 
"So, let me throw that back at you - What made you choose Heroica for this mission?"

Yelana Insight Check (DC: 5): (2,2,4,6) Two Successes

Ezra smiles back at Yelana with a smug grin.

"The reason we hired Heroica, Yelana, is that the security council considers your organization a potential third party in our affairs. We are providing your guild with a job of this calibre to see if it is as qualified and "elite", like your associate, Bers, said it is." Ezra returns to cutting a piece of fish from his plate, eating it, and chewing it while grinning at Yelana. She wasn't sure if he was lying, telling the truth, or leaving out any information.

19 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

What, you said you did background checks on us. And yet claim to not know why we joined up. Well basically I was assigned to join Heroics for my home government Ne'xo Chi (Commonwealth). The rest I am sure you know, their was an accident with a landmine that messed up my right leg. That is when Polaris tapped her crystalized leg with her "hand". Eventually learning enough to become a medic. And then getting assigned with MILES here to join up with the organization. I guess my government wants to increase their knowledge of the Galaxy. This might be a good way to do that, so I was told.

"I am familiar with your background, although I will admit getting information on you Polaris was the toughest. Ne'xo Chi is not a place League diplomats and spies tend to find themselves, so I did have to go out of my way to finding the information. Nevertheless, you are in capable hands, Polaris: the crew of the Satyr's Song will ensure you and MILES are taken care of as representative of the Commonwealth." Ezra finishes his fish, wiping his mouth with his napkin and looking satisfied with his meal. "Delicious, as always. I do hope you enjoyed the meal prepared. We should be taking off shortly-" As Ezra comments, the sound of the gravity locks keeping the ship in place disengage, emanating with a loud "THUNK". The soft hum of the frigate's engine purr through the vents as the ship leaves Ebria Spaceport in the direction of Aluriel. Just as the ship leaves the dock, the doors to the cabin open as a woman in a white dress enters, her attire accentuated with numerous golden pieces of jewellery. Her staff, embroidered in golden runes, also has hoops and bells attached to it. As she entered, her clothing jangled and jingled, announcing her presence. Her long, brown hair sways as she approaches the table.

51745657323_3da3d4b321_t.jpg
"Captain Nezzar, I- Oh, my apologies, sir, I did not mean to intrude!"

"No, no, that is fine. Heroes, this is Dayna Vielight, priestess of Irvator and our communications officer."

"How do you do, heroes?" She bows towards the heroes before turning to Ezra. "I just received our confirmation from Aluriel. We are good to land at these coordinates at the spaceport you requested." She hands Ezra a handwritten note which he examines thoroughly.

"Very good, officer, see to it this directive is given to the helmsman, and ensure that the bridge crew have the aethergate prepared for us."

"Aye, captain!" She salutes to the captain and waves to the heroes, giggling to herself as she leaves the room at a hurried pace,  the sound of her jingling jewellery following her.

"We will be arriving at Aluriel sooner than later. Is there anything else you wish to discuss with me before then?"

"I am familiar with your background, although I will admit getting information on you Polaris was the toughest. Ne'xo Chi is not a place League diplomats and spies tend to find themselves, so I did have to go out of my way to finding the information. Nevertheless, you are in capable hands, Polaris: the crew of the Satyr's Song will ensure you and MILES are taken care of as representative of the Commonwealth."

Not surprising, it is a newer place and it is out of the way (for you at least). And I am sure my government will appreciate that kind jester. 

"We will be arriving at Aluriel sooner than later. Is there anything else you wish to discuss with me before then?

A few more, what is the time limit on this mission if any? Is their going to be a way to contact your ship if necessary? Plus, are we going to stick out like sore thumbs on Aluriel? And then are we going to meet any more of the crew? Or get to look around your vessel of we want to? 

Edited by samurai-turtle

"I do not have any time frame in mind, but I imagine your investigation may take more than a day. I have heard the village of Knothole has an inn, so feel free to stay the night. As for contacting the ship, unless any of you have the ability to contact my communications officer through the use of magic, no, you will not. I will not be able to advise you in this mission, as much as I would like to.

It is currently Harvest Week, and celebrations are happening across the planet. It's not too out of the realm of possibility that you three might be in the village to celebrate the holiday.

If there's anyone you wish to speak to, I can see about having them speak to you. As for exploring the ship, I am afraid not. Some areas of the Satyr's Song are off limits to anyone other than the crew for safety purposes. I hope you understand, Polaris."

17 hours ago, Kintobor said:

If there's anyone you wish to speak to, I can see about having them speak to you. As for exploring the ship, I am afraid not. Some areas of the Satyr's Song are off limits to anyone other than the crew for safety purposes. I hope you understand, Polaris."

You said your communication officer is a priestess? I would like to ask her a few general questions, if she has the time. Heck I might want to talk to anyone with a history / culture background, ask them the same question. ... So we are stuck I'm this one room?