Kintobor

Heroica: Glory Amongst the Star - Mission #8: The Enigmatic Mr. Fix-It

MM Note: I think no matter the outcome, Avgustus was going to present Cassandra a memory core based on the way this encounter was going. I'm going to keep things as they are to keep the mission moving. In the future you should be more specific about what you wish to do with your actions, C_S. :classic:

36 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

51739323547_432434e15f_o.jpg
"I find it presumptuous you assume I'm looking for a date." Avgustus replies. " I served in counter-intelligence if you must know."

Yelana raised an eyebrow. "For the League, I assume? Did you happen to know a man named 'Teclion', by any chance?". 

OoC: 

Spoiler
11 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

MM Note: I think no matter the outcome, Avgustus was going to present Cassandra a memory core based on the way this encounter was going. I'm going to keep things as they are to keep the mission moving. In the future you should be more specific about what you wish to do with your actions, C_S. :classic:

Ah, OK - And I will. 👍

"I really hope you know what you're doing!", Yelana thought as Avgustus handed over the Memory Core. 

36 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

"Well, that was more tense than it needed to be." Avgustus chimes in once Cassandra and the guards were out of ear shot. "Shall we go check on Fix-It?"

"Agreed.". Yelana knocked on the shed's door again

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

15 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

51720132912_5b43c374cd_t.jpg

"It seems kind of suspect to this unit that we have not heard of Mister Fix-It and what was it, Meerbauw, for all this time. Want me to break the door down friends?"

20 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Yelana raised an eyebrow. "For the League, I assume? Did you happen to know a man named 'Teclion', by any chance?". 

"I really hope you know what you're doing!", Yelana thought as Avgustus handed over the Memory Core. 

Avgustus ponders for a moment before responding.

"The war is over, Yelana. My service to the Empire was in protecting my home from a foreign aggressor. However, that is all in the past. The Drandora Accords ensure that peace maintains, and that all prosper. I teach students from the League as much as students from the Empire, and they all get the same lecture and the same history lesson. We do not know who fired the first shot, although I may be biased in my response. In the end what matters is what we learn from the successes and failures of those who came before in order to shape a better, brighter future for all.

I have not heard of anyone named Teclion. I arrived along with you. Why do you ask?"

As the group approaches the shed, Yelana and Bers both begin banging on the shed's wooden door, the red paint fading from age.

51740379578_6c79939ac9_o.jpg
"No one's here!"

51878927470_ee95e74954_o.png
"Come on, Fix-It, it's probably the professor guy!" Meerabeau opens the door and smiles brightly at seeing the party safe. "Glad to see you four aren't dead! I hope it wasn't anything too serious."

"I heard gunshots and chainsaw blades and spells going off- is everyone alright?" Fix-It's concern is visible.

On 3/23/2022 at 3:44 PM, Dutch Thriceman said:

"It seems kind of suspect to this unit that we have not heard of Mister Fix-It and what was it, Meerbauw, for all this time. Want me to break the door down friends?"

I don't think that is necessary at this time.

20 hours ago, Kintobor said:

I have not heard of anyone named Teclion. I arrived along with you. Why do you ask?"

"No one's here!"

"Come on, Fix-It, it's probably the professor guy!" Meerabeau opens the door and smiles brightly at seeing the party safe. "Glad to see you four aren't dead! I hope it wasn't anything too serious."

"I heard gunshots and chainsaw blades and spells going off- is everyone alright?" Fix-It's concern is visible.

I think she meant in general. Probably her ex-boyfriend. 

What, then who's answering? 

No, just a bunch of reprogrammed robot bears... Experienced soldier like me is used to such odd opponents. 

On 3/24/2022 at 2:23 AM, Kintobor said:

51743268666_6f3242a4ae_q.jpg

"Well well well, Mr 'Fix-It' or should I say... Gorthizar Harrigan, mind explaining to this unit why your scrapyard was filled with little deadcode murder gremlins?"

Bers decides to stir the pot a little... curious as to Fix-It's reaction.

On 3/24/2022 at 5:51 PM, samurai-turtle said:

I don't think that is necessary at this time.

What, then who's answering? 

No, just a bunch of reprogrammed robot bears... Experienced soldier like me is used to such odd opponents. 

“If I knew anyone named Teclion I would’ve told you. Hostility is not going to help anyone, Polaris.”

“Goodness, a soldier?” Fix-It replies intrigued. “I am glad we have such capable and brave people looking out for us. Who would know what might’ve happened if they had attacked Meerabeau or I.”

4 hours ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

"Well well well, Mr 'Fix-It' or should I say... Gorthizar Harrigan, mind explaining to this unit why your scrapyard was filled with little deadcode murder gremlins?"

Bers decides to stir the pot a little... curious as to Fix-It's reaction.

Fix-It blinks at Bers confusedly.

“Harrigan? Are you alright, friend? I hope you weren’t damaged during the fight.” Meerabeau looks at Bers with a quizzical, puzzled look.

“Deadcode murder gremlins? Fix-It and I tend to not work on anything capable of murder. The occasional hunting rifle gets worked on, sure, but nothing of that description. What’s going on?” Meerabeau steps between Bers and Fix-It, pointing an accusatory finger. “Are you implying Fix-It would work on such a device as one which would actively cause harm to others?! Huh?!”

5 hours ago, Kintobor said:

“Harrigan? Are you alright, friend? I hope you weren’t damaged during the fight.” Meerabeau looks at Bers with a quizzical, puzzled look.

“Deadcode murder gremlins? Fix-It and I tend to not work on anything capable of murder. The occasional hunting rifle gets worked on, sure, but nothing of that description. What’s going on?” Meerabeau steps between Bers and Fix-It, pointing an accusatory finger. “Are you implying Fix-It would work on such a device as one which would actively cause harm to others?! Huh?!”

51713724713_92c3317025_t.jpg

"Well then fleshb- .. friends, how do You explain these scrapyard creepers on your property? Who else around could have possibly made these?"

18 hours ago, Kintobor said:

“If I knew anyone named Teclion I would’ve told you. Hostility is not going to help anyone, Polaris.”

“Goodness, a soldier?” Fix-It replies intrigued. “I am glad we have such capable and brave people looking out for us. Who would know what might’ve happened if they had attacked Meerabeau or I.”

Fix-It blinks at Bers confusedly.

I was getting hostile? 

Well probably an novice soldier, but one never the less. 

Well what is your name? If it is not Harrigun. I don't know why he this it might of been Harrigun if you ask me (that). 

Well someone reprogrammed five robots to attack anyone on sight. 

13 hours ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

"Well then fleshb- .. friends, how do You explain these scrapyard creepers on your property? Who else around could have possibly made these?"

Good points, I think... 

22 hours ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

Fix-It grows quiet, contemplative even, as he thinks through Bers' question.

"Well... er... I'm not sure. 

"Look, I've worked with Fix-It for the past few months!" Meerabeau pips up, throwing her weight around as she stands between Bers and Fix-It. "In that time, he's done nothing but been kind, generous, and giving to the people of Knothole. I don't know where those robots came from, but he didn't make them, and neither did I!" 

8 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

I was getting hostile? 

"Well, you did refer to this Teclion fellow as her ex-boyfriend. I feel that's a little disparaging of Miss Yelana, Polaris." Avgustus shrugs. "But who am I to butt into a conversation I have no stake in? Carry on."

8 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Well what is your name? If it is not Harrigun. I don't know why he this it might of been Harrigun if you ask me (that). 

Well someone reprogrammed five robots to attack anyone on sight. 

"Well... I've gone by the name Fix-It for as long as I can remember. Everyone in town call me by that name, as does Meerabeau."

"And if you're implying he made those robots to attack others, I'll fix you up real good!" Meerabeau rolls up her sleeves in an aggressive manner. Avgustus moves in to lean into Polaris. "And who is this Harrigan guy, anyways?"

On 3/23/2022 at 3:44 PM, Dutch Thriceman said:

Yelana chuckled; "Bers. . . It's unlocked.". 

On 3/23/2022 at 9:23 PM, Kintobor said:

"The war is over, Yelana. My service to the Empire was in protecting my home from a foreign aggressor. However, that is all in the past. The Drandora Accords ensure that peace maintains, and that all prosper. I teach students from the League as much as students from the Empire, and they all get the same lecture and the same history lesson. We do not know who fired the first shot, although I may be biased in my response. In the end what matters is what we learn from the successes and failures of those who came before in order to shape a better, brighter future for all." 

"Oh. Well, I'm sorry for assuming, I just thought since you're here. . . "; she trailed off. "And I hope you're right - From what I've seen, though, the ITA's just protecting the same people the League and the Empire did before the War. I don't know how much it can really change things, you know?". 

Yelana gave Polaris a look as if to say 'Seriously?'. 

Raising her eyebrow and stifling a laugh, Yelana turned to Polaris; "Those things kicked your A$$!". 

On 3/25/2022 at 3:58 PM, Dutch Thriceman said:

Yelana flinched hard; "Uh, Bers. . . ". 

On 3/25/2022 at 8:47 PM, Kintobor said:

"Oh, here we - ". 

On 3/26/2022 at 2:22 AM, Dutch Thriceman said:

"Please. Just. Stop.", Yelana thought, futilely. 

Fix-It grows quiet, contemplative even, as he thinks through Bers' question.

"Well... er... I'm not sure. 

"Look, I've worked with Fix-It for the past few months!" Meerabeau pips up, throwing her weight around as she stands between Bers and Fix-It. "In that time, he's done nothing but been kind, generous, and giving to the people of Knothole. I don't know where those robots came from, but he didn't make them, and neither did I!" 

"Well... I've gone by the name Fix-It for as long as I can remember. Everyone in town call me by that name, as does Meerabeau."

"And if you're implying he made those robots to attack others, I'll fix you up real good!" Meerabeau rolls up her sleeves in an aggressive manner. Avgustus moves in to lean into Polaris. "And who is this Harrigan guy, anyways?"

"Alright, that's enough!", Yelana said sternly. 
She stepped forward, putting her arms out towards Bers and Meerabeau. "I said that's enough - Both of you!", Yelana snapped loudly. 
She took a deep breath and sighed. 
"Okay, let's start from the beginning: 'Fix-It', I'm Yelana Fennix; I've been assigned to protect you. Intel suggests your life may be in danger, due to. . . a case of mistaken identity - That's what I wanted to talk with you about in private; I didn't want to start a panic. I've also been tasked with investigating the disappearance of an intelligence agent from Ark Victoire", Yelana looked over to Avgustus, "named 'Teclion'. He went missing here in Knothole not long before I arrived; I'm not sure he's even still alive.". She paused. "So, about the bear situation - I analysed the memory cores, and it seems they were originally programmed as toys and entertainment animatronics". Yelana took a memory core out of her backpack and tossed it over to 'Fix-It'; "those primary functions were overridden by new combat subroutines, which is why they attacked us. As to how", Yelana took out the receiver and held it up for 'Fix-It' to see, before slipping it back into her backpack; "I found this - a ripple-pulse receiver. The bears were activated remotely. Now, I've gone over the last few moments before they attacked, and I know neither of you activated them, but someone did. And, given the circumstances, I believe this and Teclion's disappearance are connected - Which also means that any would-be assassins are already here in town. We need to find out what's going on, and we need to do it fast.". 
Yelana brushed a strand of hair out of her face as she looked around at the group. 
"I didn't think I can overstate this: Our investigation needs to be kept quiet. The Mayor was already raising hell over our fight with those creepy bears, so the town watch is on-alert. We don't need to give them anything else to deal with - especially during Harvest Week - and we do not want to draw the attention of the SP's; that'll turn this situation into even more of a shitstorm than it already is.". 
Yelana stepped back and crossed her arms as she looked around again, focusing specifically on Polaris, Bers, and Meerabeau: "So, are we going to stand around here arguing all day, or are we going to get to work?". 

8 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

She stepped forward, putting her arms out towards Bers and Meerabeau. "I said that's enough - Both of you!", Yelana snapped loudly. 
"Okay, let's start from the beginning: 'Fix-It', I'm Yelana Fennix; I've been assigned to protect you. Intel suggests your life may be in danger, due to. . . a case of mistaken identity - That's what I wanted to talk with you about in private; I didn't want to start a panic. I've also been tasked with investigating the disappearance of an intelligence agent from Ark Victoire", Yelana looked over to Avgustus, "named 'Teclion'. He went missing here in Knothole not long before I arrived; I'm not sure he's even still alive.". She paused. "So, about the bear situation - I analysed the memory cores, and it seems they were originally programmed as toys and entertainment animatronics". Yelana took a memory core out of her backpack and tossed it over to 'Fix-It'; "those primary functions were overridden by new combat subroutines, which is why they attacked us. As to how", Yelana took out the receiver and held it up for 'Fix-It' to see, before slipping it back into her backpack; "I found this - a ripple-pulse receiver. The bears were activated remotely. Now, I've gone over the last few moments before they attacked, and I know neither of you activated them, but someone did. And, given the circumstances, I believe this and Teclion's disappearance are connected - Which also means that any would-be assassins are already here in town. We need to find out what's going on, and we need to do it fast.". 
Yelana brushed a strand of hair out of her face as she looked around at the group. 
"I didn't think I can overstate this: Our investigation needs to be kept quiet. The Mayor was already raising hell over our fight with those creepy bears, so the town watch is on-alert. We don't need to give them anything else to deal with - especially during Harvest Week - and we do not want to draw the attention of the SP's; that'll turn this situation into even more of a shitstorm than it already is.".

Bers leans back and watches as Yelana talks...

8 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Yelana stepped back and crossed her arms as she looked around again, focusing specifically on Polaris, Bers, and Meerabeau: "So, are we going to stand around here arguing all day, or are we going to get to work?". 

"My point exactly friend Yelana... so now what, we go out looking for the assassins?"

16 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"Oh. Well, I'm sorry for assuming, I just thought since you're here. . . "; she trailed off. "And I hope you're right - From what I've seen, though, the ITA's just protecting the same people the League and the Empire did before the War. I don't know how much it can really change things, you know?". 

"I hear enough students talk about change that it can feel daunting. A week doesn't go by without another student protest. People want change. The system is stagnant." Avgustus, seemingly hard to read, allows a concerned glare to pass through to Yelana. "My genuine fear is that in the populace's frustration they will turn to demagogues and the fringes of populist politics in a hope that they can fix the status quo. They come as outsiders who claim they are above the squabbles of the political class. Of course, they have nothing to provide but a feeling of civic pride and nationalistic zeal. When at last their scapegoat is no longer a viable threat, they will move onto another one to blame. We must win battles against them every time, for they only need to win once for the framework of civil society to be reshaped into their own grotesque image."

16 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

After Yelana's outburst, the scrapyard goes quiet as Avgustus, Meerabeau, and Fix-It stare at Yelana, the professor in silent intrigue, the two mechanics in bewilderment. Finally Meerabeau speaks up, sounding confused and concerned.

"H-h-harm Fix-It? Who in their right mind would want to harm Fix-It? He's the nicest man in town!"

"I can assure you, I did not build any of those toys, nor did I create any of the technology to activate them." Fix-It says, his voice trembling. "I cannot believe someone would do such a thing as take these toys and use them for ill will. What if a child found these..."

"Agreed. I hope you heroes do not mind me butting in, but I suppose now I am implicated in this little operation of yours." Avgustus states calmly. "I think we can all agree Fix-It and Meerabeau are innocent in this affair with the robots. If you three believe that someone might be trying to harm Fix-It, the last major event of the day is the marksmanship contest. I imagine most residents will be congregating there soon. What do you three intend to do next?" Fix-It approaches the party slowly, hands clasped in thanks.

"I cannot believe that this is all because of me. That I have put you four and Meerabeau in danger- heck, it could've been one of the children. I thank you three deeply for keeping me and Meerabeau safe."

51620806566_d498f30bf5_t.jpg

"This unit can stick by Fix-It as bodyguard while you two check out the Marksman contest friends?"

Bers turns his attention towards Fix-It and Meerabeau.

"Unless you were planning to go as well?

Edited by Dutch Thriceman

On 3/27/2022 at 12:56 AM, Kintobor said:

"Well, you did refer to this Teclion fellow as her ex-boyfriend. I feel that's a little disparaging of Miss Yelana, Polaris." Avgustus shrugs. "But who am I to butt into a conversation I have no stake in? Carry on

On 3/27/2022 at 5:17 AM, Classic_Spaceman said:

Yelana gave Polaris a look as if to say 'Seriously?'.

Well, I was, I think the word is being "snide". With the boyfriend remark. I mean just look at her giving me a "look". 

Are you saying, that you are having memory problems

All I am saying is someone, that I don't know who reprogrammed some robots. As for Harrigan he is some sort of war criminal. And unfortunately for "Mr. Fix-It" they look very similar. 

On 3/27/2022 at 5:17 AM, Classic_Spaceman said:

Raising her eyebrow and stifling a laugh, Yelana turned to Polaris; "Those things kicked your A$$!

What I was told in basic training is "Any fight you live through is a victory!" Then they told us is we are the hardest part of the "machine" to replace. 

On 3/27/2022 at 6:18 AM, Classic_Spaceman said:

You were? What about us. As she gestures at herself and Bers... I knew it, that you took those things..I don't know, you guys seem to like arguing... 

On 3/27/2022 at 2:38 PM, Dutch Thriceman said:

"My point exactly friend Yelana... so now what, we go out looking for the assassins?"

Are we really looking for assassins now? 

13 hours ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

"This unit can stick by Fix-It as bodyguard while you two check out the Marksman contest friends?" 

I don't know, I get the feeling Yelana wants to be "Fix-It's" bodyguard. 

2 hours ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

"Friends Polaris, M.I.L.E.S. what do you suggest we do?"

At this point I don't know. I guess we should just hang around "Mr. Fix-It" maybe we will learn more about him (like we are spouse to). Trying to keep the last part between the two of them. 

On 3/28/2022 at 3:49 AM, Dutch Thriceman said:

"If what your friend says is true, then I am most likely safer here at my workshop than out and about Knothole. I will defer to your groups expertise on the matter."

On 3/28/2022 at 5:51 PM, samurai-turtle said:

Are you saying, that you are having memory problems

Polaris Persuasion Check (DC: 2): (3,5,5) Two Successes

Fix-It scratches the back of his head, looking confused.

"Well... a little bit, I guess? I remember coming to Knothole and I remember working on shipyards in the League, but... there's this fuzzy feeling I get sometimes when I try to recollect things. I don't know, maybe it's just old age catching up on me. To be honest, Polaris, I'm not quite so sure what this has to do with anything, though."

All I am saying is someone, that I don't know who reprogrammed some robots. As for Harrigan he is some sort of war criminal. And unfortunately for "Mr. Fix-It" they look very similar. 

"I don't know about you, but if this Harrigan guy is a war criminal than it couldn't be the same person as Fix-It! He wouldn't hurt a fly!" Meerabeau responds defensively.

18 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

At this point I don't know. I guess we should just hang around "Mr. Fix-It" maybe we will learn more about him (like we are spouse to). Trying to keep the last part between the two of them. 

Avgustus scratches his cheek and preens his moustache as he responds.

"Hmm. I'll head to the marksmanship contest in that case and scout it out. If you three wish to stay here and guard Fix-It and Meerabeau then I feel confident in your ability to keep him safe. Is everyone in agreement?"

On 3/27/2022 at 10:52 PM, Kintobor said:

"I hear enough students talk about change that it can feel daunting. A week doesn't go by without another student protest. People want change. The system is stagnant." Avgustus, seemingly hard to read, allows a concerned glare to pass through to Yelana. "My genuine fear is that in the populace's frustration they will turn to demagogues and the fringes of populist politics in a hope that they can fix the status quo. They come as outsiders who claim they are above the squabbles of the political class. Of course, they have nothing to provide but a feeling of civic pride and nationalistic zeal. When at last their scapegoat is no longer a viable threat, they will move onto another one to blame. We must win battles against them every time, for they only need to win once for the framework of civil society to be reshaped into their own grotesque image."

"Oh, I agree - Absolutely. And there's no shortage of potential scapegoats, or people willing to pose as a symbol of the populace for their own gain." Yelana lowered her voice; "If you ask me, the current situation is untenable - The ITA's just a patch on bigger systemic issues, and between the Empire's civil war and the League's refusal to outright condemn New Force's actions on planets like Typhon, I think we'll see another war within our lifetimes. I don't want to be right, but I have a nasty little habit of being right even when I don't want to.". She sighed and shook her head. 

On 3/27/2022 at 10:52 PM, Kintobor said:

"I can assure you, I did not build any of those toys, nor did I create any of the technology to activate them." Fix-It says, his voice trembling. "I cannot believe someone would do such a thing as take these toys and use them for ill will. What if a child found these..."

"Interesting - You said you were working on a surprise for the children in town, so I just guessed these things were prototypes or toys you couldn't fix.". 

OoC: 

Spoiler

In addition to just asking Fix-It a question, this is an Insight check to determine whether he is being honest about not having built the bears. 

Yelana turned to Polaris: "Harrigan's not a war criminal - That's a technical term, which you should know. While records indicate that Harrigan served during the War, his crimes started afterwards, after he turned to piracy.". 

On 3/29/2022 at 10:49 PM, Kintobor said:

"Well... a little bit, I guess? I remember coming to Knothole and I remember working on shipyards in the League, but... there's this fuzzy feeling I get sometimes when I try to recollect things. I don't know, maybe it's just old age catching up on me. To be honest, Polaris, I'm not quite so sure what this has to do with anything, though."

"Memory problems. . . Hmmmmm. . . ", Yelana thought to herself. 

"If what your friend says is true, then I am most likely safer here at my workshop than out and about Knothole. I will defer to your groups expertise on the matter."

"Hmm. I'll head to the marksmanship contest in that case and scout it out. If you three wish to stay here and guard Fix-It and Meerabeau then I feel confident in your ability to keep him safe. Is everyone in agreement?"

On 3/29/2022 at 4:06 AM, samurai-turtle said:

At this point I don't know. I guess we should just hang around "Mr. Fix-It" maybe we will learn more about him (like we are spouse to). 

On 3/29/2022 at 1:24 AM, Dutch Thriceman said:

"Friends Polaris, M.I.L.E.S. what do you suggest we do?"

I don't know, I get the feeling Yelana wants to be "Fix-It's" bodyguard. 

On 3/28/2022 at 3:49 AM, Dutch Thriceman said:

Yelana listened as the group discussed plans, formulating her own as she did. "Alright.", she said in a loud voice, as she took a chopstick out of her hair and spun it around her fingers. "So, unless unless you've only got a short window of opportunity to hit your target, assassinations usually take place in one of two waysOne: You get your target alone, use some kind of cover - darkness, cloaks, whatever - attack, then get out as fast as possible. And two: Kill them in broad daylight - I know, it sounds counterintuitive, but crowds can be some of the most private places around; all you'd need is a knife, a bit of poison under a false nail, something like that, and a chance to brush past your target. By the time anyone notices something's wrong, you'll have disappeared, and even security cams have a hard time ID'ing you.". Yelana tapped the chopstick against the tip of her nose, then pointed it casually around the party. "We've got both of those scenarios here, so they'll either take advantage of the fact that the entire town's at the marksmanship contest to get here unnoticed, then use the noise clutter to hide their attack, or they'll try something at the contest, hoping to use the crowds as an escape. Their use of reprogrammed toys does suggest our guy's not willing to get their hands too dirty, so the safest place would probably be at the contest - I'll go, along with AvgustusBers, Polaris, and Meerabeau: You stay here and keep an eye outOh, and make sure to incapacitate any attackersdon't kill them - we need them alive to find out who's behind all this. Got it?". Yelana slipped the chopstick back into her hair, adjusting it slightly, then crossed her arms and waited for a response

On 3/30/2022 at 11:51 AM, Classic_Spaceman said:

"Oh, I agree - Absolutely. And there's no shortage of potential scapegoats, or people willing to pose as a symbol of the populace for their own gain." Yelana lowered her voice; "If you ask me, the current situation is untenable - The ITA's just a patch on bigger systemic issues, and between the Empire's civil war and the League's refusal to outright condemn New Force's actions on planets like Typhon, I think we'll see another war within our lifetimes. I don't want to be right, but I have a nasty little habit of being right even when I don't want to.". She sighed and shook her head.

"An amateur political scholar, are we?" Avgustus piques up. "I find you and I are most likely in agreement on the matter. We can discuss this more in depth when time is more on our side."

"Interesting - You said you were working on a surprise for the children in town, so I just guessed these things were prototypes or toys you couldn't fix.". 

Yelana Insight Check (DC: 2): (1,1,2,3) Four Failures

Fix-It shakes his head profusely.

"I would never build something so ghoulish for the children! No, I have something much larger in mind- something that will change life in this village forever! I assure you, it will be quite remarkable once finished!"

Yelana listened as the group discussed plans, formulating her own as she did. "Alright.", she said in a loud voice, as she took a chopstick out of her hair and spun it around her fingers. "So, unless unless you've only got a short window of opportunity to hit your target, assassinations usually take place in one of two waysOne: You get your target alone, use some kind of cover - darkness, cloaks, whatever - attack, then get out as fast as possible. And two: Kill them in broad daylight - I know, it sounds counterintuitive, but crowds can be some of the most private places around; all you'd need is a knife, a bit of poison under a false nail, something like that, and a chance to brush past your target. By the time anyone notices something's wrong, you'll have disappeared, and even security cams have a hard time ID'ing you.". Yelana tapped the chopstick against the tip of her nose, then pointed it casually around the party. "We've got both of those scenarios here, so they'll either take advantage of the fact that the entire town's at the marksmanship contest to get here unnoticed, then use the noise clutter to hide their attack, or they'll try something at the contest, hoping to use the crowds as an escape. Their use of reprogrammed toys does suggest our guy's not willing to get their hands too dirty, so the safest place would probably be at the contest - I'll go, along with AvgustusBers, Polaris, and Meerabeau: You stay here and keep an eye outOh, and make sure to incapacitate any attackersdon't kill them - we need them alive to find out who's behind all this. Got it?". Yelana slipped the chopstick back into her hair, adjusting it slightly, then crossed her arms and waited for a response

"... no." Avgustus responds, shaking his head in disapproval . "No, I do not think this will work. Yelana, I believe it best that you stay with your fellow mercenaries. I will head out and scout the marksmanship contest while you three ensure that Fix-It and Meerabeau are safe. You three work better in tandem. If they attack the workshop, heaven forbid, then you three would be better off dealing with any issues than if you were to split up. If they attack the marksmanship contest then there's enough people present with guns to fend them off. I'm not fond of the argument of the "good guys with guns are a deterrent to bad guys with guns", but in this scenario I feel more confident in saying individuals entering a marksmanship contest are more likely to know how to shoot their weapons accurately as opposed to a group of ruffian hillbillies." Avgustus looks out into the distance towards Knothole proper as he adjusts his coat, looking concerned. 

"If you three have nothing left to ask me, I'll be off. Otherwise, ask away."

Fix-It scratches the back of his head, looking confused.

"I don't know about you, but if this Harrigan guy is a war criminal than it couldn't be the same person as Fix-It! He wouldn't hurt a fly!" Meerabeau responds defensively. 

Do you remember exactly how you got to Knothole. And my only other question is have you had someone like a doctor check out your memory problem? Is could be some sort of disease. 

Hey I don't know if he is the same guy at this point. 

Yelana turned to Polaris: "Harrigan's not a war criminal - That's a technical term, which you should know. While records indicate that Harrigan served during the War, his crimes started afterwards, after he turned to piracy.". 

Ok, I just didn't remember it correctly. But I just think it is semantics at this point. 

I didn't realize you were such an expert. Having a look of concern come over her face. 

Fix-It shakes his head profusely.

"I would never build something so ghoulish for the children! No, I have something much larger in mind- something that will change life in this village forever! I assure you, it will be quite remarkable once finished!"

"If you three have nothing left to ask me, I'll be off. Otherwise, ask away."

Well, what are you trying to build? Or what is this thing spouse to improve? Maybe someone doesn't like this thing to be made. 

I don't feel right letting you go off by your self. And are you sure strangers will help you if you get into trouble? 

What if "Fix-It" ride on top of MILES? Would he be more or less of a target? 

/// Are you going to make me carry everyone? 

On 3/31/2022 at 10:04 PM, Kintobor said:

"An amateur political scholar, are we?" Avgustus piques up. "I find you and I are most likely in agreement on the matter. We can discuss this more in depth when time is more on our side."

"I'd love to - Feel free to stop by the Hall anytime you're free!". 

On 4/1/2022 at 4:17 AM, samurai-turtle said:

Ok, I just didn't remember it correctly. But I just think it is semantics at this point. 

"I guess if you think stealing's on-level with using nucleoid bombs, then I suppose you're right.", Yelana huffed. 

On 4/1/2022 at 4:17 AM, samurai-turtle said:

I didn't realize you were such an expert. Having a look of concern come over her face. 

"What?", Yelana said, confused. "I was an analyst.".