Here is my Lego 8x8 MAZ 543 Chassis. Right now it uses two ev3 motors geared to 1:3 ratio. It will need more torque because it climb a 30 degree incline. It will also have a crane on the end. Are there any suggestions anyone has for solving the issues making the chassis more structurally stable, and adding body work.

51666465920_25dd24988f_k.jpgIMG_2072 by Donald  Duck, on Flickr

51666465890_c16e6df3d4_k.jpgIMG_2071 by Donald  Duck, on Flickr

51665586021_7bc3a2d652_k.jpgIMG_2070 by Donald  Duck, on Flickr

51666465825_2a346aab52_k.jpgIMG_2069 by Donald  Duck, on Flickr

51666465785_035534eb00_k.jpgIMG_2068 by Donald  Duck, on Flickr

51666272204_1161927924_k.jpgIMG_2067 by Donald  Duck, on Flickr

Off the top of my head I’d say the area around the steering servo looks like it would twist. Maybe brace across the top of there. Also the shock absorber mounts look a bit high and spindly, bring them closer together and brace them across to each other. 
maybe use some more rectangular frames in the build instead of loads of lift arms?

finally, your steering arms will have a tonne of flex in them at that length.

ideally post a video of it flexing and bending but I would start with the above. 

Hope that helps.

Andy

All around: The less parts, the better. KISS-method: Keep it simple, stupid! :-)

Also, don't use axle or pin-axle-connections for parts of the structure,use frames if possible. Especially the upper connection of the springs will bend under load. Same goes for the ball-joint suspension arms: Don't use spacers (bushings) and long axles for the connection on the chassis, but connect them as near as possible to the frame.

As @MinusAndy already said: The steering looks really wobbly and will disconnect in heavy usage. Definetley change this, maybe use liftarms instead or overhaul you steering-system completely and place it nearer to or even withing the wheel section.

Hey, the axles holding the upper side of the springs look like they are already bending without load. Maybe you can add liftarms as reenforcement or use shorter axles (move the mounting points closer together).

The steering looks like inverse Ackerman. This will cause stress for the whole system and make driving bad. I might be wrong. Can anybody confirm this?

But I am really curious how the nxt motors will perform as they should have plenty of torque :)

Edited by m2fel

I'd suggest driving it and improving the parts that break.  Expect breakage.  Lots of breakage.

One thing, that no one else has mentioned is that the cv joints will strip, use this part to correct