Svelte

Lego Death Star 10188 - Pics at last!

I am finished and I am very surprised to find a MEGAPHONE BALSTER in the blue cart. How nostalgic!^^

I want to have this set NOW!!!

Me too. I finished going though the instuctions a few hours ago. This is a great set; not just for the model but also for the parts. :wub:

Yay! I'm downloading! :tongue:

Why download when You can buy instead? :tongue:

Why download when You can buy instead? :tongue:

I couldn't wait... :blush: (I've ordered 2; one for me and one for a friend. :wink: )

I couldn't wait... :blush: (I've ordered 2; one for me and one for a friend. :wink: )

wish i'd ordered two - at the original price I could have taken 1 to ebay and made a cool £40-50 quid profit selling em off for £250....

Its here!

I have the Death Star. Arrived in the post today from Lego

The box is vast! ...and this thing weighs a ton!

The greatest lego set ever released hands down!

..why did i pay for the fast shipping - cant build it till the weekend anyway, d'oh!!!

Its here!

Cool! Please do a detailed review.

..why did i pay for the fast shipping - cant build it till the weekend anyway, d'oh!!!

:laugh:

J

The LEGO store in Glendale, CA got them in so I ran over and picked one up today. The box is rather large - not as large as the Falcon, but still a darn big box; one might even say it is vast!

I'm going to start building it tomorrow and get a review going. If you all remember my Falcon review, you will recall that it might take me a while. Gone are the days were I can take off work and build all day long.

No doubt some will finish before me and post their findings so we're bound to have a few reviews over the next week or two.

I can't wait to see what some of our new reviews have to say and I can't wait to build this thing myself!

I'm going to start building it tomorrow and get a review going. If you all remember my Falcon review, you will recall that it might take me a while. Gone are the days were I can take off work and build all day long.

I'll be looking forward to it. Your reviews are always worth the wait! :sweet:

Aaaargh. Dunamis is doing a review on this...can't wait for that.

No worries Dunamis - we've got plenty of room for reviews here and I'm sure that if a review or two should pop up here before you're done, then yours is still more than welcome :thumbup:

Now I have to find a way to go and fetch mine....it's just lying there in a basement 10 kilometres away :cry_sad:

Finished my "10188 Death Star" last night after four evenings of afterwork building. What a great build! I can't stop staring at it and turning it around...

Now, there is the problem of a proper display place. Where to put it? It can't stay on the coffe table in our living room or the desktop in my workroom, and there is not enough space on my shelves.

I hadn't thought before of the storage problem after buying and building the beast of a Star Wars set (I just longed for it). I have disassembled most of my sets and stored them in resealable plastic-bags, but there is no way I would do this to the Death Star.

How do you display your Death Star (or plan to do it) and how do you arrange the minifigs of the set?

Woo - hoo, got a set off ebay for $580 with free shipping, just gotta wait 1-6 days for it to get here! Can't wait! I'm gonna take time off work to build it :P

I've been watching this topic like a hawk(When i was a guest)but never got around to posting.

Amazing,Gigantic.Those are some words that can describe the Death star.What a hulking brute this thing is!It shall be mine :devil: .When i have enough money. :tongue:.

Finally got this set the other day. Took it down to my girlfriends place, and me, her and a couple of her roommates did a marathon build of like 12 hours straight. Its about 3/4 finished, but it was the most fun we've had in ages ^_^. If anyone else gets this set, i highly recommend you build it with friends

I'm getting this set around July next year. It LOOKS AMAZING, I want to see everything you can do with it, the elevator, the collapsing catwalk, the trashcompactor, and that thing (forgot the name of it..) were Emperor Palpatine fell in..can you really put a minifig into that hole in the throneroom?