Sign in to follow this  
Mad Spandy

Rick and Morty Car

Here is my MOC of Rick's car from the show Rick and Morty. I have been working on and off on this MOC for a couple years now and I am sure more changes will be made.

Photo 2021-08-25, 7 09 43 AM

The interior is not designed for accuracy, but it can fit three figures inside.

Photo 2021-08-25, 7 10 57 AM

I know that the garbage can pieces are definitely too small for the rest of the ship, but I think they work great.

Photo 2021-08-25, 7 10 13 AM

Of course it must have the 3 wheels on the bottom so that we know that it's a car and not a spaceship.

Photo 2021-08-25, 7 13 43 AM

The Morty, Rick, and Summer figs I made for this MOC. I found the portal gun design on Reddit from u/pizzaincolor.

Photo 2021-08-25, 7 15 09 AM

Here's a breakdown of the build. The main "circular" shape is built out of the angled plates that made up the LEGO Dimensions portal. I was really happy with how the yellow slope builds fit right in between the wedge plates on hinges. I did end up using an illegal technique to get the gold tubes attached to the garbage cans.

Photo 2021-08-25, 7 18 49 AM

Here are some pictures of the progression of the MOC.

Photo 2021-08-31, 9 16 26 AMPhoto 2021-08-31, 9 16 31 AMPhoto 2021-08-31, 9 16 40 AM

I was very intrigued by Morty's bike spaceship from the penultimate episode and Rick's original spaceship so I may try my hand at those at some point.

Photo 2021-08-25, 7 09 53 AM

Any comments or suggestions are always welcome!

Nice.  I think you've done a great job with it especially at that scale.  I like the flextube over robot arm detail with the trashcans- works well.  And a pretty good job on the minifigures, too.  :classic: