Afternoon all. I'm having a nightmare trying to render some LDD models.

LDD 2 POV Ray is full of error messages

Bluerender can't find the LDD database

Studio removes or dislodges countless bricks

Blender doesn't open any lxf files

LDraw won't download

My tears are stinging. Anyone able to help?

These are the errors:

Bluerender - when I go through the files, no database come up

image.png.5755b4e267235ada4c1fa9d3cbc510e8.png

Pov ray

image.png.191e641ffc83fa9b032bceabb352ca19.png

Ldraw

image.png.d0fcb43540effe93008c5a8528d59abb.png

Also have a bunch of Ldraw setup icons that won't close. Obviously can force them, but they're just sat there

Edited by Brockhenhaus

Sorry, I can't help with the PC issues. Check the file for viruses. What is the total part count? With all these problems, it might be less work to create a new file in Stud.io or some other software of your choice. Many times when I have used a file from the internet, and had crazy issues. But, this one is excessive.

Thanks for the reply. Not sure what you mean by file from the internet, these are my own creations. I changed PCs a few months ago so needed to reinstall the various apps - everything worked OK on that old PC. I've added the extra LDD pieces from this topic, don't know if that's an issue but I'd added them to the previous PC anyway.>

I've tried it with various models on povray, large and small counts, but it doesn't get beyond that error

It's this line on povray that's highlighted

image.png.32c619d3a4e801fdcebaa3643a314a19.png

If I delete it, I get this error instead:

image.png.4f6f31bbe63db867407d09a5727cbfd4.png

With a similar message - "ldd-default-materials.inc" line 19: Parse Error: Expected ')', [ found instead

It seems you miss to provide some important informations:

1. PC and OS Specs
  2. LDD version and mode used.
  3. Are you using custom bricks in LDD?
  4. are you an experienced user? Do you know the difference about LDD file format and LDRAW standard?

About your list in the first post:

• It is difficult to understand LDD2Powray problems without an error log
  • did you locate manually the database as suggested in the error dialog
  • stud.io uses a different file format, so these errors are due to its import feature, away from perfection.
  • Blender is not directly LEGO-related, you have to convert your LXF file in some format supported by the software.
  • LDRAW is not exacting a LEGO digital tool, but a file format. Maybe you are trying to install the All-in-One LDRAW installer? (it includes some modelling software, tools, the LDRAW library, ...) Anyway restart your PC to close all the LDRQAW instances that could compromise the installation.

EDIT

Ok, you answer some questions in your post above.
Bluerender will not work if you dont recreate the lif database in LDD. You need the lifcreator tool, and it takes quite a bit.
Probably the lack of the database creates problems with LDD2Powray too, these software has been developed before the unofficial LDD parts pack was first released.

Please take a look at the Section Index (one of the two pinned topics of this section) as reference for software and tools.

Edited by Calabar

PC specs are more than enough

image.png.1c889369e75c00530b62b46742301525.png

db.lif is showing in the LDD file, but is missing when I search for it when using Bluerender

And it's really annoying that I keep exceeding the file size for screenshots on here

Ok, completely reinstalled LDD and POV ray - still the same error

It stops at the line that says:

#include "ldd_default_colors.inc"

With the Parse error: No */ closing comment found

On 8/30/2021 at 12:35 PM, Brockhenhaus said:

Ok, completely reinstalled LDD and POV ray - still the same error

It stops at the line that says:

#include "ldd_default_colors.inc"

With the Parse error: No */ closing comment found

Without seeing all of the code it looks like somewhere earlier up there is a line that is marked as a comment, but for whatever reason the comment section never closed. That's why it's saying it couldn't find */
So it isn't executing because it thinks all of the code is a comment. Try looking through earlier lines and make sure all comments are closed (or just delete them all).

Did you try Mecabricks ?  Import into from LDD ? Then export from Mecabricks as Blender Add-On format. Then import into Blender using the (free) Mecabicks importer?

This picture was done using the above method (LDD -> Meca -> Blender):

wl73344vapl71.jpg

Edited by M2m