KimT

2008 Picture thread

This point may have already been posted but here goes:

Isn't it possible that like the first RGS, some of the 5-8 minifigs may be battle droids or something like that, as we know for from the first one which contained 2 SBDs.

Sorry if I ruined everyone's excitment :-P

i wonder if the twilight could be another force unleashed set? reading the story of Ferus Olin to me looks like the secret apprentice?

Welcome Iceman (and anyone else not previously welcomed).

Please introduce yourself(s) in the New Members area.

mmm... iceman, ur info is way better than mine, and more likely to be legofied. but i dont think that they will release another anakin starfighter X-O that would be so stupid, IMO. But tarful brings up a good point, about the comic, i found that too, but how would they make it a set? but that is intruging how the title is so mysteryious, and this looks like an odd set to make... ;-)

please dont mind my spelling, just woke up...

I think the Twilight will be Anikan's new ship that you see in the clone wars trailer(looks like a B-wing)

It's possible and it seems to be the popular theory, but I have a feeling that Anakin's new ship will be the yellow one we've already gotten. I'd bet that unlike in the prequels, the characters will be sticking with the same ship a bit more. It's one thing to have to make new models and designs for a movie series with 3 years in between, but I would imagine that it's something completely different when you have to crank out a season of episodes. Just my two cents

i now have all the sw 08 winter sets.

wut? no... do u mean summer 2008? cuz every year lego realeses sets in 2 bursts: 1 in january, 1 in in may. and we dont even have all prelimenary pics for summer... or do u mean the 2008 sets that have been released, like rouge shadpw, hailfire, etc.? :-/

Haven't they had enough Anakin ships I do agre with general tarful about the comic it sounds like that would make more sence.

wut? no... do u mean summer 2008? cuz every year lego realeses sets in 2 bursts: 1 in january, 1 in in may. and we dont even have all prelimenary pics for summer... or do u mean the 2008 sets that have been released, like rouge shadpw, hailfire, etc.? :-/

i said "winters sets" as in the ones that are out now. i'll have a picture of proof once i finish building the sets.

Haven't they had enough Anakin ships I do agre with general tarful about the comic it sounds like that would make more sence.

It's entirely possible that it is an adaptation of the comic for the TV series. Dave Filioni is a huge fan of the EU and we know for a fact that at least a few of the episodes are being written by the same people who write the Star Wars comics.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but set 7679 (Fighter Tank TX 130S) will probably be the scene where Ki-Adi-Mundi is slain by his own troops on Mygeeto

It will probably contain Ki-Adi-Mundi 2 or more Galactic Marines and a Tri Droid you see in Ep. 3 in the seen on Mygeeto

movie_sm.jpg A Tri Droid/Octuparra Droid

CF_Octuptarra_Droid_42.jpg

This is all speculation because my only sources are ROTS and the game Battlefront 2 :-$

For those of you that have BF2 play the level Mygeeto and you will see Ki-Adi-Mundi and several

TX 130S's *sweet*

General Tarful

Edited by GeneralTarful

The inclusion of Ki-Adi Mundi (or wherever the hyphens go...) would be great. Cosidering they're releasing new aliens with the other two big sets, it's not only great but also plausible. But I'm not sure the set would depict his death scene. Cause that happens in Revenge of the Sith, and Clone Wars takes place before that film.

Edited by Mr Spielbrick

The inclusion of Ki-Adi Mundi (or wherever the hyphens go...) would be great. Cosidering they're releasing new aliens with the other two big sets, it's not only great but also plausible. But I'm not sure the set would depict his death scene. Cause that happens in Revenge of the Sith, and Clone Wars takes place before that film.

Mr. Spielbrick you have a valid point but I was thinking that mabey it wasn't a Clone Wars set 8-|

Either way I hope we get Ki-Adi Mundi :-P Although it would be great to get a non-anime version :-D

Edited by GeneralTarful

I agree with General Tarful but technicly isn't revenge of the sith still considered clone wars because there still is clones and like in episode 2 yoda says "Begon the clone wars has."

It would be really nice to have a Ki-Adi-Mundi and some galactic marines. It would be even better if they made a Clone Commander Baccara. But I don't really see the tri droid maybe more super battle droids though.

Iceman03 what I was talking about when I said, "I was thinking that mabey it wasn't a Clone Wars set" was the new Clone Wars CG TV series :-P

I too would like a minifig version Commander Baccara *wub* Though I still think that we'll get a Tri/Octuparra Droid

Awsome collection Smith Boy *sweet*

General Tarful

Edited by GeneralTarful

ah... dang, u got alot of sw legos! me so jealous *sing* if thae fighter tank includes ki adi mundi, that autimatically makes it mine. there are also fighter tanks on kasshyk as well in BF2. i hope to get the gunship, at te, and maybe the magna droid fighter, and i am phsyced for the new figs, cuz once i get them, maybe ill finally be able to make a good custom, shaak ti, aayla secera, ki adi mundi, etc. X-D X-D X-D *sweet*

EDIT: i think anis hair is crooked

Edited by JimButcher

Can I just say I adore Smith Boy's "emo Anakin"? :-D *y*

But yeah. Here's hoping more details on that Tank set will follow soon. We want Ki-Adi! Good point by the way, General Tarful, it's not said anywhere that the Tank is actually a Clone Wars set. Right?

On a slightly related note... I've been wrecking my brain for a logical way for LEGO to include Padm

Edited by Mr Spielbrick

Smith_Boy, easy on the images. As much as your enthusiasm is nice to see, that's heavy on the bandwidth and not actually necessary as they're all images we've seen before.

Also, is it just me, or are they particularly bright?

I to have been wondering when their gonna put a padme figure in. It would go good with my collection.

I can't wait to see the officail pics. of these sets cause I would raelly like to see what the new figures will look like.

And if the tank includes Ki-Adi-Mundi I will be one step closer to making a Jedi concil of my own with official figs.

that's heavy on the bandwidth and not actually necessary as they're all images we've seen before.

Technically, the bandwidth is being pulled from Brickshelf, isn't it?

Can I just say I adore Smith Boy's "emo Anakin"? :-D *y*

right after i put the pictures on brickshelf i realized ani's wig was on sideways

and with the bandwidth how do i make it smaller?

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but set 7679 (Fighter Tank TX 130S) will probably be the scene where Ki-Adi-Mundi is slain by his own troops on Mygeeto

It will probably contain Ki-Adi-Mundi 2 or more Galactic Marines and a Tri Droid you see in Ep. 3 in the seen on Mygeeto

This is a TX-130, it's not in ROTS.

CW_Tank.jpg

Edited by Rune Haako