KimT

2008 Picture thread

I will get the Clone BP simply for the clones. Might build the walker or just might buy a few and build something cooler with the parts (like some did with the Rebel and Imperial BP's).

Yes what they all said.

Now, You've posted this before in another topic and it's getting on my nerves.

Stop posting the list and no don't post pictures.

I hope You've understood what the others posted and also what I've said and pm'ed you.

I'll merge this with the 2009 rumour thread.

we have had a normal one with a y wing and a ucs version

Ah, it was a rhetorical question. But if we're looking for an answer.

We had 1 mini-fig scale with the Y-Wing as you say.

But then we had a new version in the TIE collection.

And then this new version was released with the Y-wing. So 2 or 3 depending on how you count it.

And the mini-mini-fig sized one that comes with the Death Star - so 3 or 4 mini-fig and then the UCS and the actual mini-mini one.

So, this would be either the 6th or 7th and the 3rd or 4th mini-figure one.

And thats not counting doubles if you wanted y-wings...or more TIES than you could shake a stick at I suppose.

ETA - oh no, I think there is a 'dangler' too. So we're up to 8 (or 7)

-Tohst

Edited by Tohst

just letting people know, if you havent seen the pictures yet dont type in star wars 2009 or something like that in brickshelf, type the actual set number

wat up buddie good news i have a friend who work with the TLG and he said they r almost done working on the exclusive set for TRU it will cost $99.99 usd it iz Home One with a-wing it will come with 5 new mini figs including general ackbar. im trying to get info on the summer set that r coming out next year so far nothing but ill the u this he told me 2 more battle pack will be released next summer and it will be something form the Original Trilogy.

:oh: Intresting... thanks.I think that should be treated as a romour for now but it sounds good...

Two more battlepacks in summer? Awsome, hopefully thats what the hoth sets are... (tauntauns anyone :wub: )

Any news on the endor set? I'm hoping its really good with lots of figs and foresty area... And a shield generator if were lucky.

wat up buddie good news i have a friend who work with the TLG and he said they r almost done working on the exclusive set for TRU it will cost $99.99 usd it iz Home One with a-wing it will come with 5 new mini figs including general ackbar. im trying to get info on the summer set that r coming out next year so far nothing but ill the u this he told me 2 more battle pack will be released next summer and it will be something form the Original Trilogy.

Really? I hope what you are saying is true. Perhaps the battlepack is that tauntaun set we heard about. Who knows? I for one am waiting patiently for the lego greatness lego has to offer! :classic:

Ugh, this is terrible. I really wanted a Palpatine Arrest set. Our chance to get 2 new Jedi and a Sith Palpatine fig (IN FLESH TONE, BTW!!) and we get the Home One. The figs will most likely be Luke, Leia, Han, Ackbar, and Chewie.

I know I am awfully dissapointed to :cry_sad: however i am holding on the fact that its just a rumor and is not true. Oh no no no i imagine the characters would be Ackbar, mon mothma, lando, and the rest i dont know. I think TLG knows us enough not to give us han luke lei and chewie, i hope.

oh and yes i would imagine we would get hoth rebels with the taun tauns

Edited by Matteo Kenobi

Thanks Darth Jokar for the news :thumbup: . I really hope you are right in this info because I really want that the Home One set win the choice poll :cry_happy::thumbup: . I want it to win because it is one of the two sets I most want from the OT since I start collecting (The other one is the Rebel Medium Transport :wub: ) and the other reason is because another OT set would be awesome (We have so much Clone Wars stuff :tongue::laugh: ), so great news :sweet: . The battle packs most likely will be the Taun Taun set and the CIS Droid Tank :thumbup: .

Edited by darkrebellion

We all realize a $100 set the is exclusive to TRU will actually cost $110 if you buy it from TRU.

yeah but if its done well i can take that, however i have a feeling well it with a $100 price point its not going to be very well done but thats not the point, I just hope this is a rumor and isn't fact.

I hope that is true, to an extent. But I want it to be more than 100, or its not gonna be good. I really did want a Palpy Arrest set, but I also did want Ackbar, and as long as they don't stick Han, Leia etc in there, then I'll be happy. This is a very special set after all, and if they screw it up, lots of people will be mad. But if someone could, could someone post a pick of the ship that would come in the Home One set, as I don't know what it would be. Thanks. :classic:

Edited by Kynergy

Hey guys i have a friend at lego(thats y i like lego) and he says that there are 7 sets coming in summer including the arrest of palpitine set with 6 figs. he also said there was a set like the hoth base but green and new type of star destroyer. but he didnt mention any battle packs. ill tell you more when i find out.

WOW really!! thank you !!! palp's arest will include palpi,mace, Kit-fisto,anikan and too other jedi......But wat about darth joker info??? hmmmm someones lying unless there makeing both!!!( home run, arest of palp)

Edited by Mocha

These rumors tell us nothing. We have two people, both with friends who work for Lego and under 10 posts. I don't think we should even list them as rumors, because we all knew it would be one of the two already.

Sorry to be upset like this, it's just someone's obviously lying.

Edited by Faramir

excactly my point

i said that rumor because anyone could just post anything so the guy with 2 posts is most definatly lying as am i

Alright, now I knowI haven't been a member here long, but have lurked and know my way through forums, and now this has just got me riled up. Come on, your just lying so you can "disprove the other guy", you were just trying to ly, and since you were caught, decided to play along with it. Now maybe its just me, but I hate being lied to, and when people go around spreding false rumors, its gets other mad. So for the future, please don't act like a child trying to "trick" everyone, then give some stupid exuse :sadnew: Sorry for ranting there, but I just don't like rumor spreaders/liers.

But anyway, back on topic, and as said before, does anyone know which ship the Home One set would come with, I mean the large ship, as I am not sure. Thanks.

The mini venator stardestroyer looks really cool :classic: ,but its just a mini model so i will not buy it :thumbdown:

post-3806-1219469826.gif

Alright, now I knowI haven't been a member here long, but have lurked and know my way through forums, and now this has just got me riled up. Come on, your just lying so you can "disprove the other guy", you were just trying to ly, and since you were caught, decided to play along with it. Now maybe its just me, but I hate being lied to, and when people go around spreding false rumors, its gets other mad. So for the future, please don't act like a child trying to "trick" everyone, then give some stupid exuse :sadnew: Sorry for ranting there, but I just don't like rumor spreaders/liers.

But anyway, back on topic, and as said before, does anyone know which ship the Home One set would come with, I mean the large ship, as I am not sure. Thanks.

are you serious? i was trying to show people that anyone can put up random rumors so try not to take everything people say seriously

i was really frustrated wen that guy said there would be a tri droid and that sounded convincing but it just leads to dissapointment so if you have somthing to say that is real proove it. and anyway if i wanted to spread a rumor i would have kept going with it, faramir said they werent considered rumors which doesnt mean i would have been prooven rong

Edited by JimboJones

Alright, now I know I haven't been a member here long, but have lurked and know my way through forums, and now this has just got me riled up. Come on, your just lying so you can "disprove the other guy", you were just trying to lie, and since you were caught, decided to play along with it. Now maybe its just me, but I hate being lied to, and when people go around spreading false rumors, its gets other mad. So for the future, please don't act like a child trying to "trick" everyone, then give some stupid excuse. Sorry for ranting there, but I just don't like rumor spreaders/liars.

Seconded, about the lying. Talk about immaturity... :hmpf:

Back on topic, well kinda-

The Home One is the ship. (duh :tongue:)

It's Admiral Ackbar's flagship, and (subsequently) his personal command ship from Ep. VI.

home_one.jpg

Technically it's name is the MC80 Home One type Star Cruiser, MC meaning Mon Calamari. More info on the Home One can be found here.

And here's what LEGO said would be included if we got a Home One set: (In red.)

home_one_2.jpg

The control bridge and a hangar bay with a new A-Wing, which is not pictured.

It'll hopefully also include Admiral Ackbar and his scrumptious cereal, Mon Mothma, and a couple of other familiar Rebel faces in minifig form.

-Tarfful, who really hopes he doesn't have to explain what an A-Wing is... bad joke, I know. :grin:

EDIT: Didn't want to double post so I edited in the following comment.

EDIT 2: Some updates and added a link to more info on the Home One, enjoy.

EDIT 3: Just trying to perfect the post...

EDIT 4: Perfection (hopefully) achieved.

EDIT 5: There goes perfection...

are you serious?

Are you? Bad grammar, a poor excuse for lying, accusing others of lying... two words: grow up.

Sorry if I sound harsh; just think before you touch the keyboard next time.

Edited by Tarfful

I don't know if its just me but, Who else thinks this is lies?

I'm sorry pal but your spelling crap and your punctuation is non existent if it was written better I would probably believe it.

I don't know if its just me but, Who else thinks this is lies?

I'm sorry pal but your spelling crap and your punctuation is non existent if it was written better I would probably believe it.

Ashoka's rumors were written with equally poor grammar, but they turned out to be mostly true.

I say that we give em' a chance!

-Tarfful, who thinks that using poor grammar and punctuation doesn't mean that you're lying, it just makes it seem less likely that you're telling the truth.

Lets face it fellow Lego SW fans, If TLC is making a surprise set that we have voted on they wont be foolish enough to leak any pics or info.

We only saw info leaked thru TLCs own web site for the Death star 10188 through the replacement parts page and then when svelte corps found images in the cache. All the while leading up to pics it turns out only one rumour i read turned out to be true, when someone posted that it would come with Vaders tie (which everyone said "as if" to)

So hang back and enjoy the surprise when it comes. :grin:

Cheers

ISC