KimT

2008 Picture thread

Hate to kill your spirit, but I think the Clone Turbo Tank and Venator are the Brickmaster minis, but I could be wrong.

Oh, that might be right. But one can always hope! :tongue:

Oh well, still a great list!

And then there is one mystery set....

the mystery set is most likely the TRU exclusive that we voted for a couple months ago if u cant remeber it was cloud city or the arrest of chanceller palpatine or a rebel attack ship ??Tantive IV?? (play set-control room, hanger )

A lot of those sure sound interesting, but I have some doubts about the credibility of this list. :sceptic:

I wonder what Ahsoka's Starfighter will look like! Will it be some version of the Delta-7 or the Eta-2 or something more exotic? :oh: However, I bet it's going to be either green or orange, suiting her own color scheme, which will make for some sweet parts! :cry_happy:

It's interesting that they call the droid BP "Assassin Droid BP", but it makes sense considering that it will mostly consist of Magnas and Droidekas. Can't wait for this one!

The mystery set is probably that TRU exclusive that will either be Palpatines Arrest or Home One. But what is the "2009 FLL Set"? :look:

I am also very curious about Dooku's Solar Sailor! I wonder how TLG will make the minifig. It will probably be with a cartoony face, but I wonder how they will make his pointy beard. I'm hoping for a new piece that you can put on the fig's neck, like Dumbledore's beard. :sweet: Or maybe something like this?

Hate to kill your spirit, but I think the Clone Turbo Tank and Venator are the Brickmaster minis, but I could be wrong.

You are probably right :sceptic: but aren't those sets for 2008? And why aren't the mini snowspeeder, mini torrent, and mini TIE not listed? :look:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

I think the Assassin Droid BAttle Pack will consist of IG-100 or IG-80 assassin droids. But they do sound good, but they are not the same sets as the list we got earlier. Maybe they will be a combo of both :cry_happy:

You are probably right :sceptic: but aren't those sets for 2008? And why aren't the mini snowspeeder, mini torrent, and mini TIE not listed? :look:

The Clone Turbo Tank and Venator are for 09, the rest are for the end of this year.

I think the Assassin Droid BAttle Pack will consist of IG-100 or IG-80 assassin droids. But they do sound good, but they are not the same sets as the list we got earlier. Maybe they will be a combo of both :cry_happy:

The Clone Turbo Tank and Venator are for 09, the rest are for the end of this year.

This is just a thought, but perhaps it is the minis listed here and 2009 is a date of a general release 9as opposed to the brickmaster release date) so us that aren't in the US can get them. It does seem a bit odd to have another minifig scale CTT so soon after the last one.

Methinks you're half-right Justin. Let me explain-

The part about the CTT being the BrickMaster exclusive is spot on (at least in my opinion), and the fact that the first

version of the Venator is grouped together with the CTT and both are separated (together) from the main list of SW sets

implies that they are the SW BrickMaster exclusives expected early in '09. Now onto why I said "first version", I said it

because in fact there are two versions of the Venator listed and both have different names: the first is called the "Republic Attack Cruiser"

while the second is dubbed the "Republic Star Destroyer"; both are commonly used names for the Venator-class Star Destroyer.

In my eyes, this means that there will indeed be enough Venator to go around. :wink:

Also, did anyone else notice the Star Wars set with no indicated name? Methinks this was left blank for the TRU poll set, but it could be anything...

I also think that the Tie Interceptor X1 being the 10th Anniversary set is most weak. C'mon TLG, I mean sure it's a very iconic starfighter and all

but couldn't you have at least put a little bit more effort into it? Unless the Darth Vader fig included in the set has the ability to force choke other

minifigs and the X1 is in minifig scale I will be very disappointed with the set selected for the 10th Anniversary of LEGO Star Wars. :hmpf_bad:

Still, OT fans are probably doing jigs of joy and shouting praise to the lord above right about now because the 10th Anniversary set is OT, but I won't be joining them.

I would also like to thank Whung for the best news this year. Even if it's just a rumor. A rumor that we all wish will prove true... only time will tell.

-Tarfful, who can't help but feel pessimistic (no matter how good the news is :tongue:).

EDIT: Had a little problem bolding the wrong the, it's all fixed now though.

Edited by Tarfful

Two things I have to say-

Isn't the Mini Venator a preview set, so could be a preview for a big Venator. Also, I think we WILL get a large Venator, think about it. We got the Star Destroyer, then the Republic Cruiser, and now a Venator. And with the Clone Wars and the Venator being one of the most well known Clone transports, gives us a good change

And other thing I don't think people know, is that the new Tie, is going to be gray and black, not Blue and Black, which is a huge improvment. And I think we will get a special fig with it as well, and a new design on the fighter. It is a 10 Aniversery set, so they will give us something good with it.

So many new sets my eyes WOW count dooku in flesh ( hope its not clone wars) and redone Ep 3 sets? Endor Bunker, the return of ewoks! my head is buzzing with all the new sets Imagination running wild this is just WOW

EDIT: whung requested that I remove the lists found on his blog. I'm very sorry about this. (I'll still keep the Jedi News link below)

Also, did some digging and found this.

darthperson

Edited by darthperson

I sort of like the Old Episode III sets more than the new ones coming out, I'm not interested in sticking around another year. I'll wait and see, probably.

A lot of those sure sound interesting, but I have some doubts about the credibility of this list.

Whung has proven himself to be a good source in the past Oky. He is knowledgeable in the ways of the force.

I wonder what Ahsoka's Starfighter will look like! Will it be some version of the Delta-7 or the Eta-2 or something more exotic? However, I bet it's going to be either green or orange, suiting her own color scheme, which will make for some sweet parts!

Hmmm... or it could be in her favored color: pink. Whatever color it is it will most likely be a Delta-7B Aethersprite-class light interceptor. (This.) It's what Anikan's new yellow starfighter is in the CW movie.

The mystery set is probably that TRU exclusive that will either be Palpatine's Arrest or Home One. But what is the "2009 FLL Set"?

I don't know, your guess is as good as mine... is there anybody here that is particularly good with LEGO related acronyms? ^ ^

I am also very curious about Dooku's Solar Sailor! I wonder how TLG will make the minifig. It will probably be with a cartoony face, but I wonder how they will make his pointy beard. I'm hoping for a new piece that you can put on the fig's neck, like Dumbledore's beard. Or maybe something like this?

Something similar to Arealight's version would be great, though it would have to be a bit more angular.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's interesting that they call the droid BP "Assassin Droid BP", but it makes sense considering that it will mostly consist of Magnas and Droidekas. Can't wait for this one!

I think the Assassin Droid Battle Pack will consist of IG-100 or IG-80 assassin droids. But they do sound good, but they are not the same sets as the list we got earlier. Maybe they will be a combo of both

Your both wrong. The term Assassin Droid directly refers to the IG-86 Assassin Droid in the new CW movie. (Believe it.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is just a thought, but perhaps it is the minis listed here and 2009 is a date of a general release 9as opposed to the brickmaster release date) so us that aren't in the US can get them. It does seem a bit odd to have another minifig scale CTT so soon after the last one.

Hmmm... that is a most intriguing thought Hewman, but I think they are most likely the SW '09 BrickMaster exclusives.

Isn't the Mini Venator a preview set, so could be a preview for a big Venator. Also, I think we WILL get a large Venator, think about it. We got the Star Destroyer, then the Republic Cruiser, and now a Venator. And with the Clone Wars and the Venator being one of the most well known Clone transports, gives us a good change

Ummm... when have we ever gotten a preview set? Also, the fact that the Venator is a vital and iconic part of the GAR is irrelevant to TLG.

They make sets based on how well they think they will sell, it's all about timing.

And other thing I don't think people know, is that the new Tie, is going to be gray and black, not Blue and Black, which is a huge improvement. And I think we will get a special fig with it as well, and a new design on the fighter. It is a 10 Anniversary set, so they will give us something good with it.

Yeah, I know the new X1 is going to be bley and black and that we will most likely get a brand new version of Darth but that still doesn't cut it.

Still I get what your saying and respect your opinion, even if I don't share it.

^The above also goes for everyone else I quoted. :wink:

-Tarfful, who spends way too much time over at Wookieepedia.

EDIT: Massive post = massive edit.

Edited by Tarfful

I am also very curious about Dooku's Solar Sailor!

Hmmm all I think of is the escape pod he used to at the end of star wars ep 2

What are they? Does this mean no Magna Droids?

Doesn't anyone read anymore? :sing::hmpf::wink:

I think the Assassin Droid Battle Pack will consist of IG-100 or IG-80 assassin droids. But they do sound good, but they are not the same sets as the list we got earlier. Maybe they will be a combo of both

Your both wrong. The term Assassin Droid directly refers to the IG-86 Assassin Droid in the new CW movie. (Believe it.)

(The last two words are the link.)

-Tarfful

Edited by Tarfful

the solar sailor is definatly the vehicle used by count dooku to escape yoda in the 2nd movie. If you look up "Geonosis" on brickshelf you should beable to find it.

Edited by Mocha

the solar sailor is definatly the vehicle used by count dooku to escape yoda in the 2nd movie. If you look up "Geonosis" on brickshelf you should beable to find it.

Yes, we know that, thank you. :classic: And you get way better results if you just look for "solar sailor" on wookieepedia. :wink:

And, Tarfful, I still think that the droid BP is the one with Magnas that was rumored at the beginning of this thread. What would be the point of a BP with a bunch of IG-86s? :wacko:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

I think that the Clone-Turbo-Tank aka picture on the first page of this topic is from brickmaster.

And so is the Republic Attack Cruiser aka Venator aka Picture on the first page of this topic.

Sorry, but I think it goes like that.

Greets, The-Force

Edited by THE-FORCE

I just realized that Republic Attack Cruiser and Republic Star Destroyer aren't the same thing. :wacko: The Attack Cruiser, as THE-FORCE pointed out, is the Brickmaster exclusive mini Venator, so what is the SD? :look: When you look it up on Wookieepedia, you get this:

Rsd.jpg

Looks weird. :sceptic: I guess we will know more about it once the CW show starts. It might be a mini as well.

Do anyone has any idea what is Pirate Tank?

No, but I do know it was featured in the game Empire at War.

And don't forget that the Y-wing possible can be of the Republic and not of the Rebels.

As we disscused that a couple of weeks ago.

Link of the Y-Wing:

http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/news/news20080403.html

Edited by THE-FORCE

Star Warsâ„¢ Star Wars TM (Separatists Shuttle) - Sounds like another remake of the Imperial Shuttle - LEAVE ON SHELF

I think that it will be more like this:

Sheathipede_OS.jpg

That's the only Separatist Shuttle I can think of right now. :sceptic: I'd buy it though if it were like that.

Yeah, I thought that too, commanderbly42! :oh: That's the ship grievous uses to get to Utapau after abandoning the Invisible Hand, right? So, I hope we will get a new Grievous with this! :cry_happy:

This list sounds fantastic (perhaps almost too good to be true, but I'm hoping)! I never got the original AAT and the rumoured figs for this edition sound brilliant too. The BPs will undoubtedly be £9 each so I can stock up on them :tongue: And I can hopefully grab some of the other smaller sets in Florida at Christmas on the cheap, should they be released early. Now, to steal Jameseh's idea:

List Removed

Sorry, Jameseh :tongue:

TK

Edited by KimT

Well, if the Shuttle is the one pictured above, I'm definatly going to get it. I have always wanted that since I saw it in episode 3. Here is how it might go-

Seperatist Shuttle

50-60$

Be about the size of the Imperial Shuttle we got a little while back. And the Republic shuttle will be the equiavent of this

Will include either Grievous and 2 Magnaguards or Whorm Loathsome and two security droids and then will hopefully come with some new type of pilot. And maybe a destroyer droid.