KimT

2008 Picture thread

That summer list doesn't sound too good, I hope it's not true. If the Palpatine's Arrest was the set chosen, it better have Saesee Tinn and Agen Kolar, if not Anakin too. The Republic Star Destroyer sounds incredibly expensive (I'm guessing around $400) and we get yet another Falcon (the fifth one?). The Solar Sailor sounds good though. The Hoth/ Endor playsets sound cool, but not a likely buy for me. I really hope this list is fake... :sceptic:

No way there's a Millenium Falcon. Sigh... Silly Wiki. The Republic Star Destroyer is more plausible, but 20 figs?!

Hmm, that summer list sounds sketchy indeed. If it's true though, I am kinda lookin' forward to the Republic Star Destroyer. With 20 Figs though, it's gonna be expensive. I just hope it has good figs, if not, I won't pick it up. :hmpf_bad:

Also, I think the Republic Y-wing would be pretty cool. If it's small enough, I'd definitely pick it up. But overall, the summer sounds expensive as usual. If it doesn't appeal to me enough, I might just skip the whole summer line up. Though I will probably pick up 3 or 4 sets from the January line up. And I'm definitely getting multiples of that Clone Battle Pack. I just wish there was a cheap way to get Clone Pilots... :sceptic:

I am kinda lookin' forward to the Republic Star Destroyer. With 20 Figs though, it's gonna be expensive. I just hope it has good figs, if not, I won't pick it up.

I guess LEGO thought that it would be good to make a Death Star-sized set for pre-trilogy fans.

I don't think he is referring to people on here, Trooper. I think he just upset that TLG may not be including Saesee in the set.

Ahh, fair enough. Sorry for my sorta outburst, CoolWhip. I understand now you were merely stressing your point. :sweet:

Another Falcon? That sounds a bit schetchy, becasue we just got that huge one last year....

Really? This is probably the Return of the Jedi Falcon we never got. Since we aren't getting the Home 1 with all the new ROTJ figs they'll obviously put them in this set! I'll draw up a list:

Lando(General outfit)

Nien Numb(W00T!)

Endor Soldier(2-3)

Luke(Endor)

Leia(Endor)

Han(Endor)

R2-D2

C-3PO

And that's ten, if there're three Endor soldiers! I'm looking forward to this...

No way there's a Millenium Falcon. Sigh... Silly Wiki. The Republic Star Destroyer is more plausible, but 20 figs?!

Really? I think a redesign of the 2004(2005?) ESB Falcon wouldn't be unhealthy. It would be larger than that one but smaller than the UCS Falcon, plus all the new figs. They would HAVE to be new since they are allegedly 'Exclusive'. :wink:

20 figs? Sure! 16 clones, one Commander, two pilots, and a Jedi! :grin:

Here are my reasons I hope these aren't true:

-Palpatines Arrest is missing Kolar and Tinn

-Republic Star Destroyer with 20 figs. But I guess it has been done (MTT and Death Star)

-Ahsoka's Fighter isn't mentioned

So I pretty much hope these aren't true. Well i guess the sets are alright, but maybe a few more as well as more figs. This is the 10th anniversary.

Ok everyone don't have a spazz attack :tongue:

The wiki list, it's could be easily true. However it could be just parts of it that are true and parts that are false. If we were to get Palpys arrest (Man I hope so :cry_happy:) I am sure TLG wouldn't be sheerly stupid enough to give us a character that wasn't even in the scene and not give us 2 new jedi that a TON of people are really hoping for.

Everything else seems plausible except the fig count, maybe its just a little off.

I could see getting a new falcon, 10 figs I guess doesn't sound to off. I have the most recent non UCS one so I don't know if I would pick it up, I might if it has some features ir eally want but still, thats pricy.

I don't know about a republic star destroyer, don't get me wrong I would absolutely adore that, however I would imagine it would be something like the ISD Playset, which would be amazingly awesome =] Maybe a little to expensive but I would need to see it for a purchase decision.

I would love LOVE LOVE hoth and endor playsets, I don't care what they are, I'm just soo excited for taun tauns!!!

Count Dookus solar sailer I would love to see how they got the parachute in there, I was unaware it was gonna be a tru exclusive tho.

Anyway it could be partially true, could be all true, could be all false, for only time will tell :yoda:

That list does sound good, except for a few things

1) The Palpatines Arrest set needs atleast 2 if not 3 more figs. And I hope it comes with the Blue Imperial Guards, as I would love to see thos.

2) There is no way we are going to get ANOTHER Falcon. We just got one a few months ago. It is possible for a new normal Falcon (not UCS) but I still don't see it happening

3) The Venator has 20 FIGS! That seems a bit much. I could see them putting that many in there since it is 10th Aniversary, but something just seems strange about that.

I do like that line up of sets for summer, but it just doesn't seem intirally true. :sceptic:

That list is terrible news for me. Why? Because....

1. I want it all.

2. It sounds expensive.

3. Already got ucs falcon.

4. Low on money.

And 5. Knowing me, I'll end up buying bricklink parts to add the finishing touch...hmm....that should be another couple hundred dollars. :tongue:

- The Millenium Falcon sounds hardly unprobable, because even if the last minifg scale (Not UCS) was released many years ago, I think they will choose something more iconic like the Tantive IV :cry_happy::thumbup: .

Umm... the Falcon is the most famous ship in Star Wars. Period. We haven't gotten a regular (ie ones that regular people will buy, not just the super hardcore fans) Falcon in several years and since we know they're making these 10th Anniversary sets, I think it's possible. It might be fake, it might not be... I really don't know.

Edited by WookieeWarrior

More like thousands :tongue: I will buy them all but the Palpatine set unless it has Kolar and Tinn. 2009 seems more expensive then this year. :cry_sad:

Umm... the Falcon is the most famous ship in Star Wars. Period. We haven't gotten a regular (ie ones that regular people will buy, not just the super hardcore fans) Falcon in several years and since we know they're making these 10th Anniversary sets, I think it's possible. It might be fake, it might not be... I really don't know.

WookieeWarrior I am just refering to the Tantive IV because personally is very iconic (The Falcon is iconic too but I hope for something different :thumbup: ), I don

Edited by darkrebellion

I was kind of expecting the Millenium Falcon to show up a year or so from now, or when the license ends...

Also, 20 figs is an insane amount- It's one thing having 20 battle droids, but 20 minifigures is a whole new bucket of bricks. (Not to mention cost- look at the DS playset)

I have found more on Wiki:

'Sets in 2009 (Unconfirmed)

In summer 2009 these new sets releases:

The Arrest of Chancellor Palpatine (T'r'U exclusive)(Mace Windu, Kit Fisto, Chancellor Palpatine, Chancellor's Guard)

Count Dooku's Solar Sailor (T'r'U exclusive) (Count Dooku, 2 pilot droids)

The Clone Wars Y-Wing (Pilot, Droid)

Forest of Endor Playset (with 8 minifigures)

Battle of Hoth Playset (with 6 Minifigures)

Ahsoka's Fighter (Ahsoka)

Tri Droid (Super Battle Droids, Clones, Captain Rex)

10th Anniversary Edition: Millennium Falcon (with 10 exclusive Minifigures)

10th Anniversary Edition: Republic Star Destroyer (20 Minifigures)

Note that these are rumors, and may or may not turn out to be real sets.'

It's good to see the Tri Droid return to the list.

Are you just changing the list from what people post? :tongue:

In that case I'd like a new cloud city playset :grin:

The list sounds great, but I've never trusted Wiki - an internet database where anything can be posted.

It's a little vague and this might even be a hoax, posted by a 8 year old kid somewhere.

I guesss we'll just have to wait and see (or hear or whatever)

The list sounds great, but I've never trusted Wiki - an internet database where anything can be posted.

I know what you mean but I just found it and thought I should share it with people here.

Here's the link.

The Arrest of Chancellor Palpatine (T'r'U exclusive)(Mace Windu, Kit Fisto, Chancellor Palpatine, Chancellor's Guard)

I really do hope this is true. I mean I've got enough money put away for all these "I didnt really buy to many of the first wave of the clone wars sets". But these are the sets I've been wishing for. They do sound possible. I don't understand. Why does noone beleive the republic star destroyer. I mean it would probably be $400 and they just made a deathstar set with 20 figs. Whats the difference, It's obviously gonna be big.

Wasn't sure if anyone noticed but the clone wars series which will air in the fall is gonna be on Cartoon Network.

Heres the lnk to wiki which talks about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Th...2008_TV_series)

I just realized ahsokas ship. Maybe it would come with her own atomech droid. That would be cool.

Edited by CloneMe

This is so cool and a new Millennium Falcon 10 figs :thumbup::thumbup:

From the years i've been on here, one thing i have learnt is NEVER TRUST WIKIPEDIA honestly guys, dont get your hopes up.

But, as for the list, it sounds very plauseable.As much as i would hate a falcon, i wont be surprised.The last one was in 2004, and knowing lego, its what they would do.

Although, i dont think lego would release endor and hoth in the same year.Also, for the republic star distroyer, i think it will be not much bigger than 6211 star distroyer, but will cost $110-130 and i wont be surprised if it does have around 20 figs.

just my thoughts

If it is in wikipedia, it must be true. Seriously, there are even articles about historic facts that are completely false. If someone believes these rumours, you might as well believe a new EB member who heard something from someone who might work for TLC.... :sadnew: Lately so called rumours that appear here just add some things to existing ones according to the highest possibility. And a lot of times they were even simply wrong (Indiana Jones canceled/ Battle droids and Magna Guards in a BP/ Alien in ATT). So, don't believe this, people! 10 minifigs with the Falcon? It could only be a Tatooine one (Han, Leia, Obi, Luke, R2, 3PO, Chewie, Spy, 2 Sandtroopers) and we just got that one last year.

Anyway, I love it to hear ideas/ dreams about possible OT sets. For example, if they put the playability and sturdyness of the CW sets into a new Falcon, that would be sweet! :wub: And OT fans had a hard time this year, and probably will have it also in the first half of 2009. So for my behalf, I will dream of new OT sets, but won't believe any of these news.

Well, you can't fully trust Wikipedia. They might be right on a few sets only. But not all.

And the minifigs stated is not true, mostly wrong as I am one of the victim before. :tongue:

Hopefully the Star destroyer (if real) will Have opening panels and then Have sections like the Death star,

I think the only reason it is out so late is because we will probably see more of it in the TV series.

Can there really be 10 minfigs on the falcon as there have never been 10 people in it at a time!

The solar sailor sounds good, I think we will see more of that and a glimpse of ashoka's fighter in the new series too