KimT

2008 Picture thread

EDIT Bonaparte: No need to quote all these pictures! Don't do this again.

Sweet pics! I am getting these CW sets! :classic:

Is that a pre-order? Or is it (was it) in stock

I don't beieve so. :sad: Could have been, guess you have to check back later! :wink:

lego12 please dont quote the pics aswell asthe post. :wacko:

Hmm i like the look of those key chains, might have to get the Rex or Cody one or both :thumbup:

Well, i know that im ready for the clone wars launch, iv got a mass amount of cash saved up, it will probably be my biggest lego buy since i bought the UCS falcon and two UCS ISDs in one order :blush: . i also plan on picking up some indy sets aswell ill be sure to post a pic of my purchases just to make you guys drool :laugh: .

Hey everyone, I don't know if this has been posted, but I have information concerning the New Zealand release of the Clone Wars line.

The Clone Wars sets are being officially released on the 1st of August. I just had a call from my local Toyworld mate, and have pre-ordered all the sets. :grin: Here are the RRPs, in NZD:

7679 Republic Fighter Tank: 99.99 (exclusive to Toyworld)

7681 Separatist Spider Droid: 49.99

7675 AT-TE Walker: 159.99 (I think, I did these over the phone and didn't listen to the prices to closely)

7674 V-19 Torrent: 119.99

7676 The Republic Attack Gunship: 179.99 (Again, I am pretty sure I heard this right)

7673 MagnaGuard Starfighter: 99.99

7680 The Twilight: Unknown (exclusive to either The Warehouse or K-Mart)

7678 Droid Gunship: Unknown (exclusive to either The Warehouse or K-Mart)

Sorry that some of those prices are a little vague, but it is the best I can remember from my phone call. I'll be going out to layby/buy these sets as soon as they come out. :wink: Hope the rest of you are as excited as me!

img_5851.jpg

Oh crap, they made the Plo Koon head a lot better! And the torso looks very promising!

Hey everyone, I don't know if this has been posted, but I have information concerning the New Zealand release of the Clone Wars line.

The Clone Wars sets are being officially released on the 1st of August. I just had a call from my local Toyworld mate, and have pre-ordered all the sets. :grin: Here are the RRPs, in NZD:

7679 Republic Fighter Tank: 99.99 (exclusive to Toyworld)

7681 Separatist Spider Droid: 49.99

7675 AT-TE Walker: 159.99 (I think, I did these over the phone and didn't listen to the prices to closely)

7674 V-19 Torrent: 119.99

7676 The Republic Attack Gunship: 179.99 (Again, I am pretty sure I heard this right)

7673 MagnaGuard Starfighter: 99.99

7680 The Twilight: Unknown (exclusive to either The Warehouse or K-Mart)

7678 Droid Gunship: Unknown (exclusive to either The Warehouse or K-Mart)

Sorry that some of those prices are a little vague, but it is the best I can remember from my phone call. I'll be going out to layby/buy these sets as soon as they come out. :wink: Hope the rest of you are as excited as me!

Hey Thanks for this. So they are being released August first and not July like the other countries.

Good to know the prices as well. But none of the shops in NZ are doing those clone building events or midnight madness. Is that correct?

Oh and I know I've asked this already but I kind of want an answer so does anyone know what's in the top compartment of the RGS at the back or is that just extra storage space?

Edited by AoNZ

Hey Thanks for this. So they are being released August first and not July like the other countries.

Good to know the prices as well. But none of the shops in NZ are doing those clone building events or midnight madness. Is that correct?

As far as I am aware, there are no events to be had in relation to the release. Nz never gets any of the big release events like other countries, for some weird reason. :hmpf_bad:

As for your other question, I have no idea! :grin:

OMG. Make a review. MAKE A REVEIW!. MAKE A REVIEW!

He's not going to open it until the weekend (so very, very soon), but I understand your urgency.

God! At this rate there'll be no sets left for ME to review (I never get the chance).

Edited by The Rancor

I'm loving those keychians... :wub:

Plo koon's head looks much better now than it did in the prelim pictures. And the clones look great as well.

Can't wait to see the Republic Gunship! Unfortuneatly I have never had the good fortune to come across a set before anyone else to review it! Oh well, One day maybe!

Thanks for the news!

img_5844.jpg I always thought he was shouting or had a "battle cry" face

His mouth is slightly open in all shots i've seen. Its probably because with the beard it would look weird when its closed, a mass of plasticy hair underneath his nose, you need the lip a little open to see that theres actually a mouth there and its not just a raccoon hugging his face.

His mouth is slightly open in all shots i've seen. Its probably because with the beard it would look weird when its closed, a mass of plasticy hair underneath his nose, you need the lip a little open to see that theres actually a mouth there and its not just a raccoon hugging his face.

lol'd

So I'm gonna have £220 is that enough for the rgs the at-te and the rouge shadow (possibly the v-19 and dgs) the walking at at and the hoth base?

I'm thinking probably not but I cant work it out for my self because I still don't know THE REAL PRICES for the cw sets

Edited by Ctrl+Alt+Esc

OMG. Make a review. MAKE A REVEIW!. MAKE A REVIEW!

Wait, I didn't write: I'm a moron, I'm a moron, I'm a moron. :sceptic:

I wrote this: OMG. S tfu. S TFU. S TFU!

Now no review. :hmpf_bad:

He's not going to open it until the weekend (so very, very soon), but I understand your urgency.

God! At this rate there'll be no sets left for ME to review (I never get the chance).

Actually, I have the figs on hand and I happened to take some pics... By the way, you get duplicates of each lightsaber hilt and double clone gear. :tongue:

His mouth is closed and his eyes don't look angry/constipated. It... Dare I say it, but it looks fine.

EDIT: Pics ahoy!

img_1679.jpg

Hey, look at Commander Thire: He wears a skirt...

img_1680.jpg

(The kamas fit fine, but the pauldrons do NOT fit on regular clones because of the extended end bearing down.)

img_1681.jpg

Plo Koon(who has a rubbery head): Master Kenobi, I will never understand why this set has SO much gear.

img_1682.jpg

Assaj Ventress(don't have her skirt out yet): I wonder why I have four lightsabers now.

Commander Cody: This is WAY too much gear... I hope they know we clones can't wear an antennae AND two floodlights, let alone a visor and one of either at the same time...

Enjoy! :sweet:

Edited by trooperdavinfelth

Awesome, TDF! Hopefully you won't do a review! :tongue: The figs look great, I wonder why they come with double gear? :wacko:

Awesome, TDF! Hopefully you won\\\'t do a review! :tongue: The figs look great, I wonder why they come with double gear? :wacko:

they don\\\'t

the other gear is for the other clone if you so wish to make him a commander/arc trooper

the only doubles you get are the hilts

Actually, I have the figs on hand and I happened to take some pics... By the way, you get duplicates of each lightsaber hilt and double clone gear. :tongue:

-snip-

img_1682.jpg

Assaj Ventress(don\\\'t have her skirt out yet): I wonder why I have four lightsabers now.

Commander Cody: This is WAY too much gear... I hope they know we clones can\\\'t wear an antennae AND two floodlights, let alone a visor and one of either at the same time...

What is the clone gear made of? rubber?

Edited by Ctrl+Alt+Esc

Wait, I didn't write: I'm a moron, I'm a moron, I'm a moron. :sceptic:

I wrote this: OMG. S tfu. S TFU. S TFU!

Now no review. :hmpf_bad:

His mouth is closed and his eyes don't look angry/constipated. It... Dare I say it, but it looks fine.

EDIT: Pics ahoy!

EDIT Bonaparte: No need to quote all these pictures! Don't do this again.

Commander Cody: This is WAY too much gear... I hope they know we clones can't wear an antennae AND two floodlights, let alone a visor and one of either at the same time...

You dont have to be a mean old b&$^&%£ too make a point but seeing as you want too be that way fine:

OMG. F^£% you. F^£% YOU. F^£% YOU B!%£*

You dont have to be a mean old b&$^&%
Edited by simonjedi

He was being sarcastic, (i hope), maybe he did overreact slightly to your overexcitement, but still theres no reason to go on an unadulterated bitchfest because of it. I predict a vacation in the chamber for you.

EDIT:

Not a chance, unless you steal half the sets, V-19 is about �50 so is the rouge shadow (its on offer in argos), AT-TE is 60 or 70 and Gunship is 80 i think, so you can afford the first 3.

ah cool thanks

I also have confirmation that the clon wars building event will be using the new phase 2 clones so go nuts

Edited by Ctrl+Alt+Esc

I like those pics of the minifigs themselves :thumbup:

I'm surprised you got extra gear, I doubt it's like that in every set, just a malfunction.

I would take it as a bonus though, the same thing happened for me when I bought the Hoth Base! :sweet:

Wow, I guess I have four of those six keychains in the actual fig in the garage waiting to be opened! :oh:

Yes, I have the Republic Gunship in this very house. :sweet:

Where did you get the Gunship? :oh:

Do you think Lego will Realease a Clone Battle Pack?

Adding up the sets you get 9 Clones overall if you get nearly all the new sets...Not much at all.

Clone Trooper Battle packs would be good since people will snap them up like a flash. I know I would! :tongue:

Do you think Lego will Realease a Clone Battle Pack?

Adding up the sets you get 9 Clones overall if you get nearly all the new sets...Not much at all.

Clone Trooper Battle packs would be good since people will snap them up like a flash. I know I would! :tongue:

And thats the reason no one else gets a looking :hmpf_bad: