Waterbrick Down

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars - Heroica Hall

9 hours ago, Wolfpackfan99 said:

F98BAEEE-B385-434D-B694-69BFB37F0F59.jpeg.751cd6d682b5e492073b041276658933.jpeg

Billeck Wallard (played by Wolfpackfan99) 26 year old Male Human

Joined Heroica February 18th, 2022 

Billeck walked into the hall. He paused, surveyed his surroundings, and continued to the bar. He approached Thorvald.

”Good afternoon, sir. I hear this is the establishment for adventurer. Can’t seem to get enough of that these days. The name’s Billeck Wallard.”

The Chimeran turns with his normal gruff manner.
51227990673_0a92d5742b_t.jpg
"Hmmph... not sure what's so good about this particular afternoon. If you're lookin' to sign up for an adventure, I hear one's just been posted. If you're lookin' for a drink, just let me know."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A new mission has been posted!

Mission #10: Pins and Needles
Mission Master: 
Waterbrick Down
Description: “So I'm in a bit of a bind, a friend of mine got on the wrong side of one of the local mob bosses you see, totally my fault. Now they've got him trussed up in some sort of maximum security torture vault. I've got to break him out of there, but I can't do it alone. You help me spring him and I'll make sure it's worth your trouble.” – Bertram Ozzorli 
Party Requirements: “About 3-5 heroes, someone good with either locks or explosives would be helpful.”
Reward: "How about we say 60 Credits each and anything you can nab from the vault while we're busting my friend free."
Sign-ups close: 2/27

Billeck curiously read the mission board. He chuckled and smiled confidently.

”Well look at that. Explosives here we come!”

Billeck signs up for mission 10.

On 2/19/2022 at 11:17 PM, Waterbrick Down said:

The Chimeran turns with his normal gruff manner.
"Hmmph... not sure what's so good about this particular afternoon. If you're lookin' to sign up for an adventure, I hear one's just been posted. If you're lookin' for a drink, just let me know."

“Hmmm, maybe some nice dwarfish ale. You got any idea who this mob boss is?Or what maximum security torture vault this is? I might have to do some research.”

Edited by Wolfpackfan99

10 hours ago, Wolfpackfan99 said:

Hmmm, maybe some nice dwarfish ale. You got any idea who this mob boss is?Or what maximum security torture vault this is? I might have to do some research. 

The Chimeran pours Billeck a tankard, sliding over a bowl of spiced almonds.

“There’s lots of nooks and crannies on this station. Be pretty easy squirrelin’ away a vault without bringin’ much attention to yourself. As for mobs, there’s plenty of organized crime whether you’re looking local, on the planetoid level, or stretched across the galaxy. Off the top of my head round here you’ve got the Garibzo Family, the Quint Syndicate, the Sapphire Stars, and the Seven Hands, plus a lot of smaller outfits.”

52 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

The Chimeran pours Billeck a tankard, sliding over a bowl of spiced almonds.

“There’s lots of nooks and crannies on this station. Be pretty easy squirrelin’ away a vault without bringin’ much attention to yourself. As for mobs, there’s plenty of organized crime whether you’re looking local, on the planetoid level, or stretched across the galaxy. Off the top of my head round here you’ve got the Garibzo Family, the Quint Syndicate, the Sapphire Stars, and the Seven Hands, plus a lot of smaller outfits.”

Billeck took a swig from his tankard. He then chewed the almonds, admiring the flavour.

“Mmm, haven’t had some good almonds in a while. Nice spice to it, interesting texture, what spice did you use?” 

“Good, I’ll keep those local mobs in mind. On a second note, you got any idea who this Bertram Ozzorli is?”

Enson slipped into the hall through a side door, his fur bearing the clean smell of a recent shower and the smoothness of an even more recent brushing. As he entered, he took a moment to stop and breathe deeply. The air here didn't smell that different from the rest of the building, but it had that intangible air of activity that unused places do not possess. Stretching his four arms briefly to get the blood flowing, he walked over to the message board to check out the latest developments. There was only one new mission available, but it was almost as if designed to catch Enson's interest.

Torture vault? His face hardened, his jaw clenching. No. This will not stand.

Enson signs up for Mission 10: Pins and Needles

With that accomplished, Enson made his way over to the bar, settling down on an unoccupied stool. "Morning Thorvald." he said, "Or evening. I can never tell the time on this station. Cup of coffee please, black, and the latest newspaper if you have it."

6 minutes ago, Wolfpackfan99 said:

“Good, I’ll keep those local mobs in mind. On a second note, you got any idea who this Bertram Ozzorli is?”

The words clicked in Enson's mind. "Ozzorli? Isn't that the owner of that pizza place?"

Enson turned to face his neighbor at the bar. "Ah, sorry for intruding. I hope you don't mind me involving myself in the conversation?"

16 minutes ago, Duvors said:

Enson slipped into the hall through a side door, his fur bearing the clean smell of a recent shower and the smoothness of an even more recent brushing. As he entered, he took a moment to stop and breathe deeply. The air here didn't smell that different from the rest of the building, but it had that intangible air of activity that unused places do not possess. Stretching his four arms briefly to get the blood flowing, he walked over to the message board to check out the latest developments. There was only one new mission available, but it was almost as if designed to catch Enson's interest.

With that accomplished, Enson made his way over to the bar, settling down on an unoccupied stool. "Morning Thorvald." he said, "Or evening. I can never tell the time on this station. Cup of coffee please, black, and the latest newspaper if you have it."

The words clicked in Enson's mind. "Ozzorli? Isn't that the owner of that pizza place?"

Enson turned to face his neighbor at the bar. "Ah, sorry for intruding. I hope you don't mind me involving myself in the conversation?"

Billeck turned to face the newcomer. 

“No I don’t mind, in fact, you’ve added the next piece to the puzzle. As you see, I’ve also joined that mission. Now my question is why the heck is an owner of a pizza place mixed up with a mob boss? Sounds fishy to me.”

Billeck pushes the bowl of almonds to the newcomer.

“Have you tried these almonds? Best ones I’ve ever ate. Oh yeah, let me introduce myself. I’m Billeck Wallard.”

1 hour ago, Wolfpackfan99 said:

Billeck turned to face the newcomer. 

“No I don’t mind, in fact, you’ve added the next piece to the puzzle. As you see, I’ve also joined that mission. Now my question is why the heck is an owner of a pizza place mixed up with a mob boss? Sounds fishy to me.”

Billeck pushes the bowl of almonds to the newcomer.

“Have you tried these almonds? Best ones I’ve ever ate. Oh yeah, let me introduce myself. I’m Billeck Wallard.”

"Excellent!" said Enson, extending his hand. "My name is Ensonvilterayquis, Enson if you prefer." He made a wry smile. "Pleasure to meet you Mr. Wallard. And thank you for the almonds." He popped a few into his mouth. "Hmm, yes, I see what you mean. These are delightful."

Edited by Duvors

14 hours ago, Wolfpackfan99 said:

Billeck took a swig from his tankard. He then chewed the almonds, admiring the flavour.

“Mmm, haven’t had some good almonds in a while. Nice spice to it, interesting texture, what spice did you use?” 

14 hours ago, Duvors said:

"Hrmph, do I look like a chef? I just get the stuff in bulk from Svet's Spices in the Trade Bazaar, seems to go good on just about anything."

Thorvald fills a mug of strong black coffee and passes it over to Enson, sliding the latest edition of the Ebria Harbinger beside it.

"Ozzorli, yeah the family's setup a pizza place in Little Aluriel, right off of Starbright Street. Bertram is the owner's nephew if I recall."

14 hours ago, Duvors said:

"Excellent!" said Enson, extending his hand. "My name is Ensonvilterayquis, Enson if you prefer." He made a wry smile. "Pleasure to meet you Mr. Wallard. And thank you for the almonds." He popped a few into his mouth. "Hmm, yes, I see what you mean. These are delightful."

Billeck turned and shook Enson’s hand.

“Glad to meet you, Enson.”

Billeck turned to Thorvald. 

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Hrmph, do I look like a chef? I just get the stuff in bulk from Svet's Spices in the Trade Bazaar, seems to go good on just about anything."

Thorvald fills a mug of strong black coffee and passes it over to Enson, sliding the latest edition of the Ebria Harbinger beside it.

"Ozzorli, yeah the family's setup a pizza place in Little Aluriel, right off of Starbright Street. Bertram is the owner's nephew if I recall."

“Hmmm sounds like I need to do some investigating.”

Billeck then turns back to Enson.

“I was wondering if you’d like to come with me to the library to do some research?”

3 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Thank you Thorvald." Enson said, perusing the front page of his newspaper. "Nephew you say? I wonder what his elders would say if they found out what he's mixed himself up in."

Billeck turned and shook Enson’s hand.

“Glad to meet you, Enson.”

"And I'm glad to meet you too."

“Hmmm sounds like I need to do some investigating.”

Billeck then turns back to Enson.

“I was wondering if you’d like to come with me to the library to do some research?”

Enson shrugged. "Might as well, though I'm not sure what we'll find. Without knowing our mob boss' name It'll be difficult to track down useful information." He paused. "I could always use the Library's æther terminal to peruse local police records, to see if we can track down potential candidates for our current foe. Yes, I think I will go with you." Enson stood up, cup in one hand and newspaper under his arm.

2 minutes ago, Duvors said:

"Thank you Thorvald." Enson said, perusing the front page of his newspaper. "Nephew you say? I wonder what his elders would say if they found out what he's mixed himself up in."

"And I'm glad to meet you too."

Enson shrugged. "Might as well, though I'm not sure what we'll find. Without knowing our mob boss' name It'll be difficult to track down useful information." He paused. "I could always use the Library's æther terminal to peruse local police records, to see if we can track down potential candidates for our current foe. Yes, I think I will go with you." Enson stood up, cup in one hand and newspaper under his arm.

“Great! Thorvald was just telling me about some of the local mobs here when you came in. Maybe we look then up and see if there’s a connection, and also check his records, sounds to me that this friend’s probably done something pretty bad to end up in a torture vault.”

1 hour ago, Duvors said:

Enson notes the feature story seems to concern the finding of a new but inoperable Æthergate in the Khazarak-Ellarial System. Two additional stories, one regarding the state of shipping piracy near Ebria Station and another about an upcoming retirement celebration for the manager of the First Sovereign Interstellar Bank, also spread across the front page.

After finishing his ale, Billeck got off his stool. He turns to Enson.

“Well, we might as well be on our way. Maybe we’ll figure out what we’re up against. See you in the library.” 

Billeck then walked into the library.

Into the hall walked a curious Celestial with Slug-like facial features. The new arrival is stretching as they're walking, it seems as if they just got off some cramped transport or the like. The Celestial seems to be equipped with some kind of standard-issue uniform with minimal decorations and a black helmet with a golden visor. They seem to be muttering to themselves:

"I still cant over that sleazy Corp. Four years! Four years! And what do I get? A postcard telling me: You are fired! The cheap thin digi-paper stuff too. At least they could have send me a Vid-message or something.  What happened to being loyal to your employees? "

They walk up to the bar and flick up their visor.

51917865476_9f55a176f9_q.jpg

"Hey drinkman, some little bird told me you people employ just about anybody over here. Well, that's me! You need to see my specs, my profile. You got a scanner? How does this work exactly? What's the rate? Can I expend lunch if we're off station?"

Jonk joins Heroica.

Edited by Scubacarrot

20 minutes ago, Scubacarrot said:

Into the hall walked a curious Celestial with Slug-like facial features. The new arrival is stretching as they're walking, it seems as if they just got off some cramped transport or the like. The Celestial seems to be equipped with some kind of standard-issue uniform with minimal decorations and a black helmet with a golden visor. They seem to be muttering to themselves:

"I still cant over that sleazy Corp. Four years! Four years! And what do I get? A postcard telling me: You are fired! The cheap thin digi-paper stuff too. At least they could have send me a Vid-message or something.  What happened to being loyal to your employees? "

They walk up to the bar and flick up their visor.

51917865476_9f55a176f9_q.jpg

"Hey drinkman, some little bird told me you people employ just about anybody over here. Well, that's me! You need to see my specs, my profile. You got a scanner? How does this work exactly? What's the rate? Can I expend lunch if we're off station?"

Jonk joins Heroica.

Thorvald greets the newcomer,

"I assume if you're sittin' here, you registered when you came in. Not that I care much if you're just lookin' to drink for free. Wouldn't be the first, and I'm not payin' for it anyways. If you're looking for credits, you'll need to sign up for a mission. The job will make sure you get paid. As for lunches, pack 'em yourself, this is a guild, not a day-care."

7 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"I assume if you're sittin' here, you registered when you came in. Not that I care much if you're just lookin' to drink for free. Wouldn't be the first, and I'm not payin' for it anyways. If you're looking for credits, you'll need to sign up for a mission. The job will make sure you get paid. As for lunches, pack 'em yourself, this is a guild, not a day-care."

51917865486_08d7c5843b_q.jpg

"Ohhh, that is what that was earlier... So more of a pay-by-situation-situation you've got going on here, I see, I see... Wait. Did you say that drinks are free?"

Jonk leans in conspiratorially.

"Can you get me something... made from plants? Anything? You decide! I'm gonna do that signing up thing right now"

Jonk signs up for Mission #10: Pins and Needles

12 minutes ago, Scubacarrot said:

"Ohhh, that is what that was earlier... So more of a pay-by-situation-situation you've got going on here, I see, I see... Wait. Did you say that drinks are free?"

Jonk leans in conspiratorially.

"Can you get me something... made from plants? Anything? You decide! I'm gonna do that signing up thing right now"

Jonk signs up for Mission #10: Pins and Needles

"Yeah, contract work essentially. Though you get the benefit of being associated with the guild." Thorvald gives Jonk a side-eye look as the celestial heads for the sign-up board. The Chimeran pours a dark dwarven stout into a tankard and sets it on the bar. Plants yeah, that really narrowed it down... the majority of his bar came from plants.

Enson had returned to the Hall some time ago, mulling over the information he and Wallard had managed to glean. Currently he was in his favorite armchair, drinking his coffee and reading the newspaper article on the new Æthergate in the Khazarak-Ellarial system. What was that all about? He'd thought that there was only supposed to be one gate per system - when a system had one to begin with. Noticing a commotion over by the bar, he lowered his paper to get a good look at what was happening. Spotting the newcomer, he gave them a friendly wave, then returned to his paper.

8 hours ago, Duvors said:

Enson had returned to the Hall some time ago, mulling over the information he and Wallard had managed to glean. Currently he was in his favorite armchair, drinking his coffee and reading the newspaper article on the new Æthergate in the Khazarak-Ellarial system. What was that all about? He'd thought that there was only supposed to be one gate per system - when a system had one to begin with. Noticing a commotion over by the bar, he lowered his paper to get a good look at what was happening. Spotting the newcomer, he gave them a friendly wave, then returned to his paper.

Enson noted the article was sparse on details, but did disclose that the newly discovered gate seemed of a much older origin than the current gate and of a different material of construction.

Mission #10 Signups
Enson (Duvors)
Jonk (Scubacarrot)
Billeck (Wolfpackfan99)

MM Note: Now that we've got 3, we'll probably get this thing started Monday (7th). Maybe some of our other quiet players will poke in before that and sign-up.

17 hours ago, Duvors said:

Jonk walked over to where Enson was reading and pulled up a seat. 

"Hey there, sorry to bother you, name's Jonk. Have you been part of this outfit a while?"

Billeck walked back into the hall. He scanned the room for Enson, hoping to put the detective work off his mind, and maybe get to know him better. Billeck finally found Enson sitting in an armchair, chatting to an unfamiliar being. Billeck then sat in the chair beside Enson. 

7 hours ago, Scubacarrot said:

Jonk walked over to where Enson was reading and pulled up a seat. 

"Hey there, sorry to bother you, name's Jonk. Have you been part of this outfit a while?"

Enson looked up from his paper at the being that had introduced himself with a name that sounded like a whiffle ball hitting an empty jug with a friendly smile. "Me?" he said, "Oh, I've been here for... a year I think?" He heard out his hand to the newcomer. "My name is Ensonvilterayquis, Enson if you prefer. Pleased to meet you Mister Jonk."

4 hours ago, Wolfpackfan99 said:

Billeck walked back into the hall. He scanned the room for Enson, hoping to put the detective work off his mind, and maybe get to know him better. Billeck finally found Enson sitting in an armchair, chatting to an unfamiliar being. Billeck then sat in the chair beside Enson. 

"Ah!" Enson said as his companion arrived. "Mister Jonk, may I introduce Billeck Wallard? He's a fellow newcomer to the establishment like yourself."

"Oh hey, a new gig." Aysu spotted the posting as she walked into the hall. Tapping her name in, she signed up for Mission 10.

On 3/5/2022 at 10:10 PM, Duvors said:

Enson looked up from his paper at the being that had introduced himself with a name that sounded like a whiffle ball hitting an empty jug with a friendly smile. "Me?" he said, "Oh, I've been here for... a year I think?" He heard out his hand to the newcomer. "My name is Ensonvilterayquis, Enson if you prefer. Pleased to meet you Mister Jonk."

"Ah!" Enson said as his companion arrived. "Mister Jonk, may I introduce Billeck Wallard? He's a fellow newcomer to the establishment like yourself."

"No need for the Mister, never did earn myself that privilege, just Jonk is quite alright. Nice to meet you both, Ensonvilterayquis and Billeck. I saw you both signed up for the same contract as I did. Should be interesting, right? What are the chances they know we're coming? Is this hall open for everyone to walk in and out of?"