Sign in to follow this  
Sarophas

[MOC] Caveman vs. Cavebear

This picture (inaccurate as it may be) has stuck to my mind since I first saw it as a child. So after being challenged by my girlfriend, to build something while being intoxicated, this seemed like a VERY good idea :laugh: Hope you like it, but please "bear" in mind that it was built after downing a couple Gin-Tonics. :innocent2:

IMG_0177

IMG_0180IMG_0178

Check out my other builds on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/192230156@N07/albums

Very nice even for someone who is sober, let alone tipsy. The stonework's texturing is particularly well done. Overall, a charming creation :thumbup:

Great job matching the blocky rocks of the original picture.  Too bad you couldn't get the LEGO guy's arm to reach the bear's neck though.

23 hours ago, AmperZand said:

Very nice even for someone who is sober, let alone tipsy. The stonework's texturing is particularly well done. Overall, a charming creation :thumbup:

Haha thanks a lot! For someone like me, who has a tendency of overthinking the placement of every brick, a few drinks made those choices surprisingly easy :laugh:

47 minutes ago, jtooker said:

Great job matching the blocky rocks of the original picture.  Too bad you couldn't get the LEGO guy's arm to reach the bear's neck though.

Thank you! The rock texture was without a doubt the hardest part, especially given that this is my first real snot-rockwork :cry_sad: I agree, at first I placed him closer to the bear but that made photographing it close to impossible. Maybe this scene is the moment just before what is depicted in the book :laugh:

On 5/2/2021 at 12:13 PM, Sarophas said:

to build something while being intoxicated

building and drinking beer is actually the only proper way to handle Lego as an adult :wink:

Anyway, nice little vignette. In my home region (Harz mountains) we have caves with lots of cavebear skeletons in them and on display. As a kid I was always very scared of them!

22 minutes ago, kabel said:

building and drinking beer is actually the only proper way to handle Lego as an adult :wink:

Anyway, nice little vignette. In my home region (Harz mountains) we have caves with lots of cavebear skeletons in them and on display. As a kid I was always very scared of them!

Haha, it's a first for me but maybe not the last time :laugh:  I've been to Harz (Goslar/Wernigerode) a couple of times and I absolutely love it! I've never seen those skeletons though, but it's the sort of place where you'd expect to see a bear for sure! :classic:

5 minutes ago, Sarophas said:

I've been to Harz (... Wernigerode) a couple of times and I absolutely love it! I've never seen those skeletons though, but it's the sort of place where you'd expect to see a bear for sure! :classic:

Cool, I still consider Wernigerode my hometown (although work took me somewhere else)! As for the caves, you'll find them here and here and and in them you can find this:

53636_XXL.jpg?1563635165

You should check them out next time you visit!

Wow! That is both spectacularly awesome and quite scary (I guess they often go hand-in-hand) *oh2* Yes sir! For my next visit, I will have to consult you for sightseeing locations :wink: