TLG looking for new Technic designers!

5 hours ago, Void_S said:

Why they promote this company so much? Do they really need to hire new designers so much?

The cynic in me would say that these job opportunities generate a lot of positive column inches / blog posts / brand awareness for very little marketing outlay. Even if they have  candidate(s) in mind (and the timing does coincide with university graduation / end of year shows)  it does not take much effort on their part to generate external interest.

8 hours ago, Void_S said:

possibly TLG needs someone who is a really "breath of fresh air", who will really move this series forward.

I was actually entertaining some similar conclusions. It may be that they are looking for a candidate who can design new stuff in ways they can't, it doesn't even matter if the candidate is not a great builder - they could teach him/her build more easily than teach him/her to design innovative stuff. Not suggesting anything like this happens actually, but it would make sense to me as a hiring objective.

@1974 and @Toastie thanks for the insights on Danish living, that's a really interesting part of this discussion for me.