Sign in to follow this  
Horlack Bricks

Post-Apocalypse, a small vaccination?

The Antivaxes ravaged the vaccination center. So with great evils, great remedies. Mecha shot vaccination equipped with 4 syringe Gatling guns, huge vaccine reservoir in the back, retention clamps and giant hydroalcoolbrick gel syringe cannons. And for the runaways, we hired Harley Quinn as our chief anesthesiologist ... who won't miss you !

51089303131_af34d9ab47_b.jpg
Apocalypse, a small vaccination? by Horlack, sur Flickr

And for humor, in the blink of an eye:
- Tile 2 x 2 with Groove with Radioactive Man Pattern (71006), from the Simpsons set, with the dripping green slim.
Radioactive Man, the superhero, who "heals" all bad guys. 
3068bpb0828.png

- Tile 2 x 4 with Flowers, Brick, 'MAKE LEGO MODELS' and 'NOT WAR' Pattern (Sticker) of the mythical Set 10220-1 Volkswagen T1 Camper Van (VW Bus)
A proper reference to the MOC itself: an apocalypse scene in lego, in the Flower Power period.
You will go and ask Harley Quinn for the design of Flower Power who will explain, with all his personalized love. xD
87079pb046.png

- The head of droid R5-D4 in the Mecha's kneepad.
Because red is good for medic !
Robot yet just as mythical and which nevertheless goes almost unnoticed in the trilogy. He was on Tatooine in the Jawa Sand Chariot along with C-3PO and R2-D2. It was bought by Owen Lars with the protocol droid C-3PO, but malfunctioned moments later. So the farmer took R2-D2 instead. And yes, without him, no R2-D2
What do you mean, a robot that unblocks/malfunctions ? I am perfectly in the theme. lol
279x279.png29836-src.jpg

Edited by Horlack Bricks

1 hour ago, Fuppylodders said:

Bad taste given the current situation.... :hmpf_bad:

I think it's commentary on the current situation.  Taking it as somewhat satirical and not done in a realist style I don't find it problematic, but to each their own opinion.

1 hour ago, deraven said:

I think it's commentary on the current situation.  Taking it as somewhat satirical and not done in a realist style I don't find it problematic, but to each their own opinion.

Its making a mockery of those who wish to remain able to have a choice, who instead get forced to comply or become social outcasts and hated/apparantly seen as evil. 

6 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

Its making a mockery of those who wish to remain able to have a choice

I can't comment on the OP's intended angle on it, but as far as I know folks absolutely have a choice on whether or not to get vaccinated.  It's a detriment to society to have so many people choosing not to for no good reason and an insult (and threat) to those who are vulnerable and legitimately unable to receive the vaccine.  I don't want to cast those people out, and I don't hate them or think they're evil, but I do think they're foolish.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

That being said... it's a Lego creation.  It's not public policy, it's got all of 1,500 views so far, and it's not going to come to life and jump out to get anyone, so I think maybe we should not hijack the thread and just comment on the build.  :wink:

1 hour ago, deraven said:

I can't comment on the OP's intended angle on it, but as far as I know folks absolutely have a choice on whether or not to get vaccinated.  It's a detriment to society to have so many people choosing not to for no good reason and an insult (and threat) to those who are vulnerable and legitimately unable to receive the vaccine.  I don't want to cast those people out, and I don't hate them or think they're evil, but I do think they're foolish.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

That being said... it's a Lego creation.  It's not public policy, it's got all of 1,500 views so far, and it's not going to come to life and jump out to get anyone, so I think maybe we should not hijack the thread and just comment on the build.  :wink:

Its not hijacking, it's relevant to the source of the build. You can't make something on a subject then expect people to ignore the subject matter. 

You think it'd be appropriate to make a moc of a police car with a policeman standing on a black minifig with well designed buildings and road techniques done, but ignoring the situation of the moc? 

It is not a detriment to society, and simply 'because its my own choice' is good reason enough, hence why we have a choice. 

It certainly is no threat/insult to those who are vulnerable who can't receive the vaccine. Because for the most part, all the vulnerable people will be having it (those that want it). There will be an extreme few who 'cant' have it and those people likely won't ever be leaving hospital or their home because a simple cold would do them. 

It is not foolish to exercise a basic human right. Vaccines typically were tested over the course of 10 years. 7 years if they could do well and everything went right with it. Then suddenly, oh! They can pop one out in a year, fully tested and good to go? No side effects! None whatsoever! That's what the adverts say. Real life tells a different story. Nothing serious occurs because of it! They're adamant. Oh, but a handful die from blood clots. Then they still deny its because of the vaccine and that's its just coincidence and the link between the 2 will never be made. Oh, but then the link is made, but it gets dismissed because its sooooo few the benefit outweighs the cost. Vaccine is totally safe and tested! Oh, but hasn't been tested on children. Nor are they offering it to pregnant women. 

But it's totally safe so why not just give it to them? 

I'm sorry but maybe in 10 years time when the real consequences of it come out, I'll take it (I've had other vaccines). But I have a damned right to choose no until I feel its had long enough to be tested-properly, without facing abuse, mockery, name-calling or any such other thing. 

Edited by Fuppylodders

@Fuppylodders, I'll just pop in to say, the OP didn't actually mention Covid. Given the timing and the current worldwide situation, it's a fair inference, but at the same time, there is a growing anti-vax movement against ALL vaccines, including tried and tested ones like measles.

It's a post-apocalyotic sort of MOC. I can imagine a fictional post-apocalypse wherein anti-vax terrorists have ravaged vaccine supplies and the likes of measles and polio are back full force. It's a bit of fiction.

What do you not understand in an MOC, post-apocalyptic in a dystopia, humorous ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dystopia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocalyptic_and_post-apocalyptic_fiction
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberpunk

If all the artists on the planet (and whatever the type of art), had to do something that they really mean, and not, from another angle, then the cultural or artistic aspect would be very poor.
So stop, your personal opinions to judge a person out of context, because your nerves are on edge because of the health situation which distorts your reality, your impressions, your psyche and your opinions.

And in addition, with a disease and humorous fictitious medication from the lego-world, written in full in my text : hydroalcoolbrick. And with a fictional "crazy" & badwoman girl named Harley Quinn.

On 4/10/2021 at 6:49 PM, Horlack Bricks said:

The Antivaxes ravaged the vaccination center. So with great evils, great remedies. Mecha shot vaccination equipped with 4 syringe Gatling guns, huge vaccine reservoir in the back, retention clamps and giant hydroalcoolbrick gel syringe cannons. And for the runaways, we hired Harley Quinn as our chief anesthesiologist ... who won't miss you !

Here, it's fictitious and humorous lego, in a post-apocalyptic dystopia

Edited by Horlack Bricks

We need to respect each others opinions without being disrespectful of each other. I know there are strong opinions because of the state of the world right now. But that doesn't excuse a belittling attitude toward one side or the other. Topic locked for now.