Hi,

this topic is something different. Here you can share either designs for cars, or single parts of your design. Such as a central column, seats or even a complete drivetrain. If you have something interesting to share, something innovative, stylish or complex, feel free to display it! I'll start off with a center column design of mine. Here's a picture linked via Flickr: Center_Column_Render_202194 | Scoar Sonander | Flickr

As you can see, the upper fairing is tilted at a slight angle so as not to interfere with the bottom one. This makes the center column 3 studs wide, it looks very cool and has space for a wire or an axle leading through it. 

Interesting idea for a thread but what do you mean by a “central column”? I work in the car industry and not heard the term. Do you mean centre console ? The structure that goes between the front seats.

12 minutes ago, Seasider said:

Interesting idea for a thread but what do you mean by a “central column”? I work in the car industry and not heard the term. Do you mean centre console ? The structure that goes between the front seats.

I think he means part inside that is gearbox and drive shaft from front longitudinal engine to rear wheel drive (that goes between seats)

Edited by I_Igor

6 hours ago, I_Igor said:

I think he means part inside that is gearbox and drive shaft from front longitudinal engine to rear wheel drive (that goes between seats)

Ahh, that but I’ve always known as the tunnel, short for transmission tunnel. even on a car that is front wheel drive this will still be referred to as the tunnel and is used to house the exhaust. My guess of the centre console is the interior trim piece that mounts on top of this inside the cabin.

16 minutes ago, Seasider said:

even on a car that is front wheel drive this will still be referred to as the tunnel and is used to house the exhaust. 

Yes, I have it on my (most used) car... Problem with members is that sometimes they do not post an image so we play guessing game...

Regards