John Cromwell

Regarding Giving Credit. (Question)

So... I have constructed a space faction but it is entirely based one someone else's idea. Like, a complete copy, down to the names and everything. However, they reside on a separate website known as Brikwars

Since most of you aren't familiar with that, I wanted to post the faction here while giving credit to the original designer. Is that acceptable?

I'm sure that's okay! I've even seen people post other's videos or projects. As long as you give credit, it's fine.

2 hours ago, John Cromwell said:

Like, a complete copy, down to the names and everything.

Well then a link would suffice, I believe, doesn't it?

But when you want to show that you have accomplished to successfully copy that scenery (nothing changed? I bet the setting - the space where you live, the way you have integrated/displayed that scenery - all the details - has/have changed) do it! With appropriate referencing, a little piece of text, it is sort of "reporting" - and at the same time showing all your efforts to accomplish that - and there is nothing wrong with presenting it here.

Spoiler

What personally crosses my mind more and more often when clicking on "EB" is that more and more war is dripping into EB. Frontpaged regularly (I mean "Heia Safari" may sound funny, but that operation was everything else, but a Safari - but I know: It is all just bricks). On the other hand, we have a spell checker thing here that replaces sh*t with MegaBlocks when the * is replaced with an i. It appears as if war has and does appeal to folks, for whatever reason - and that is ... what it is. We are all grown-ups here on EB.

Best regards,
Thosten

Thanks for all your answers! I will go ahead and show it to you all.

15 hours ago, Toastie said:

What personally crosses my mind more and more often when clicking on "EB" is that more and more war is dripping into EB. Frontpaged regularly (I mean "Heia Safari" may sound funny, but that operation was everything else, but a Safari - but I know: It is all just bricks). On the other hand, we have a spell checker thing here that replaces sh*t with MegaBlocks when the * is replaced with an i. It appears as if war has and does appeal to folks, for whatever reason - and that is ... what it is. We are all grown-ups here on EB.

Ok, I'm not sure what you mean by that unless you are just making a comment.

12 minutes ago, John Cromwell said:

just making a commen

Yes, just made a comment!

Best
Thorsten