Kdapt-Preacher

[MOC] 1:1455 Class 4 Container Transport: 2063 pieces with full instructions

1000x800.jpg?1617165771.7999082

The lumbering Class 4 container transport, also known simply as the Imperial cargo ship, was a common sight over Imperial worlds and logistics hubs. These tetrahedral bulk freighters hauled the vast quantities of resources needed to keep the Imperial economy and military grinding ever forwards, and now they can also supply your LEGO fleet as you relive your favorite episodes of Star Wars: Rebels (as long as your favorite episodes are specifically The Forgotten Droid and The Wynkahthu Job). At 1:1455 scale, or approximately 11.64 meters per stud, this model is UCS scale, designed to match 75252 Imperial Star Destroyer and all my other ship models (and any of the huge number of other peoples' MOCs that are also designed to fit with the official Ultimate Collector Series ISDs). The Stud.io file and 289-page PDF instructions are available for free on Rebrickable! https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-72282/Kdapt-Preacher/11455-class-four-container-transport/
This model includes instructions to build both the containers-only version featured in The Forgotten Droid and the version with the large door at the back of the cargo section featured in The Wynkahthu Job. IMPORTANT NOTE: The parts list given on this page is for the Wynkahthu version, with the Ghost. The Stud.io file includes both options, so the parts list for the containers-only version is available there. The model also includes a cover for the attachment point at the back, so it can also be displayed as shown in The Forgotten Droid after the cargo section was detached. Yes, it really does stay on that stand without the cargo section to balance it! I have built this in real life and can confirm that it stands up just fine. The ship alone is about 550 parts and would be much cheaper to build than the cargo section, but of course that does rather miss the point of a container ship...
I know the colors in the cargo section don't match the episode at all. Unfortunately those pieces aren't available in appropriate shades of red, blue, or yellow, so I've done the best I can with the colors available to convey the same impression. I feel that the ingot pieces make for such well-shaped containers that they're worth the inaccuracy of color. If LEGO ever releases the ingot piece in the appropriate colors I'll update this model!
The Stud.io file and parts list for just the nano Ghost are available here.
Note: The publication of this model does not constitute and should not be taken as an endorsement of the idea that this thing is actually worth the parts it would take to build it. Nobody should even own 700 of those ingots, to be honest, much less use them all in one model. But that's a decision you'll have to make on your own. :P

800x450.jpg800x450.jpg800x450.jpg800x450.jpg800x450.jpg800x450.jpg800x450.jpg

5 hours ago, MAVERICK26 said:

I love how the ingot form the tops and bottoms of the container@

Thanks! Those pieces are problematic because they have such a limited selection of colors, but the shape is so perfect for defining the corners of the crates and selling the idea that they're actually separate boxes rather than just a wall of bricks that I think they're the best parts to use there, even though it means the colors aren't strictly accurate.

4 hours ago, caiman0637 said:

Nice build!

Thank you!

3 hours ago, MAVERICK26 said:

So... I checked your Bricksafe out! Really good!

Thank you! Most of the main renders of my MOCs are the Rebrickable page linked in my signature rather than Bricksafe, which is why there aren't pictures of the front views of several of the models on there (since the photos are shared between those pages, if the 'cover' image is also on the Bricksafe page it'll be duplicated on Rebrickable), but there's certainly enough there to give the general idea! Most of those haven't been posted here on Eurobricks yet, but once I've got a few more large models together I'll make a single big thread for all of them instead of posting them individually as I have been.

I downloaded a few of the small models, put them into Stud.io with my 75252 digital model, and they fit really, really, well. I look forward to seeing what's next!

Edited by MAVERICK26
Typo

18 minutes ago, MAVERICK26 said:

I downloaded a few of the small models, put them into Stud.io with my 75252 digital model, and they fir really, really, well. I look forward to seeing what's next!

You saying that just reminded me that I hadn't copied the Stud.io files for a couple of the recent ones there from Rebrickable, so thanks for that! They're all up there now.