Horlack Bricks

[MOC] [Neo-Mtron] - Armored Walker

[MOC] [Neo-Mtron] - Armored Walker

-3 crew members.
-1 pilot/engine driver.
-1 gunner.
-1 mechanic.
- Double Railgun at the front.
- Laser cannon on the tail (brickbuild).
- Radar (brickbuild).

I used a lot of wheeled vehicle parts to give that rounded look.

- The old mythical part N°3787-Vehicle Mudguar 2x4 with Arch Smooth, which we find in our good old classic-space or City.

- Part N°41854-Vehicle Mudguar 2x4 with Flared Wings, which I used in the seat backs and the radar..

- Part N°44674-Vehicle Mudguar 2x4 with Headlights Overhang, which I used in the tail.

- Part N°41862-Plate Modified 2x2 with grills, which I used in the tail and the radar. Part that we find more for the radiators of City cars.

- Part N°98834-Vehicle, Spoiler 2x4 with Handle, which I used in the legs.

- Part N°44675-Slope curved 2x2 No Stud 3 Side Ports Recessed, found in the fronts of City cars.

51024776958_2c5ee507f5_b.jpg
[NCS] Neo-Mtron - Armored Walker by Horlack, on Flickr

51025510476_b1087f0390_b.jpg
[NCS] Neo-Mtron - Armored Walker by Horlack, on Flickr

The canopies do not exist in these colors. But it is a choice by constraint. None of the canopies, but really none, of those Trans-Yellow or Trans-Neon-Green or Trans-Neon-Yellow colors do well. That is to say, they are too angular with respect to the body which is rounded or has curves. The possible canopies in these 3 colors literally break the physiognomy of the vehicle, to the point that it is "ugly" or disturbing. It literally breaks that general aspect. It's rare that I take pieces in a color that doesn't exist.
Example during my design / brainstorming tests in alpha version :

mini_210311014022573946.png
=> the angular front canopy, is too opposed to the general roundness effect of the vehicle

Ooooh!! What an awesome looking build! The clean snot look is very tidy and done well, I love how it looks like a scorpion mech too, the colours are well placed too. The torso is done well, the canopies give for a nice smooth shell kinda look, but I love that it's actually spaces for 2 minifigs (and one in the head!) 

Absolutely love it!! 

Have to say, the classic space colour scheme works well, but the blacktron 2 would be my favourite of the 4 (actually reckon the m-tron variant is the best!), however something seems a little... not quite right...? With the colour scheme... I think it's the gold and lime green bits, although I see why you added the lime green.