zephyr1934

A review of circuit cubes without mentioning the elephant in the room

I stumbled across a YouTube video controlling Circuit Bricks with a Lego Powered Up controller.  I traced it back to a German forum (which incidentally references this thread @zephyr1934 ).  Opens up a load more functionality.
The article has a lot of useful links, and thought anyone watching this would find it an interesting read.  It’s in German, but using the auto translate feature on chrome it’s easy to read.

https://www.1000steine.de/de/gemeinschaft/forum/?entry=1&id=453750#id453750 

EDIT, just realised a similar video was linked on the last page 🤦‍♂️  Regardless, there are still useful links within the thread.

Has anyone done any comparisons between the torque output of the circuit cubes motor compared to any of the Lego motors?  I’m interested to know the difference in output.  To date I don’t own any Lego motors (other than the train motors), but I am in need and will be looking to purchase as and when I have the time to get back to building.

Mike

Edited by Barkmi4

On 6/3/2021 at 10:28 PM, Barkmi4 said:

Has anyone done any comparisons between the torque output of the circuit cubes motor compared to any of the Lego motors?  I’m interested to know the difference in output.  To date I don’t own any Lego motors (other than the train motors), but I am in need and will be looking to purchase as and when I have the time to get back to building.

Sorry to bump this thread, but has anyone who has used Circuit Cubes motors got any feedback on the amount of power they produce? I've seen @Sariel's video testing these little critters (link below) which does seem to suggest that they are pretty powerful, but does anyone else have any views?

Circuit Cubes: LEGO-compatible motors and remote control: TESTED! - YouTube